7- "Loyalty lies"- part 1

*Third person's pnt. of view*

"When King Roland found out that Vladimir was Melanie's beloved, which was revealed on her 18th birthday, the King was happy. Vladimir had proven to be a trustworthy member of the clan and the king's council, and the King trusted that if he passed soon, his daughter would be in good hands. That trust lasted until Vladimir was suspected of consulting with David. When Melanie confronted Vladimir, he confirmed his plans and had no remorse when it came to breaking her heart. The night the King was murdered, Vladimir offered for Melanie to join him, marry him, and crown him king to rule over the clan. Melanie refused, and so Vladimir declared war upon the Clan, and swore to erase King Roland's blood line, so Melanie had to run and leave her people behind." Explained Aaron.

Upon the news of Melanie's connection to Vladimir, the Luna was immediately discharged and the meeting had moved to the Alpha's office, where members of the council all sat, in order to debate the pack's next move.

Aaron had been compliant and cooperating well with the leaders, and was willing to testify his side of the story.

"But why didn't Melanie reveal this before?" Asked Adelina, as she sat next to the Alpha.
"Because she feared how the details would sound if you knew her true connection to Vladimir." Defended Aaron, it was obvious he truly cared for the Princess.
"So what now? Do we continue to trust that she hasn't gone rogue? That she is not a threat?" Asked Kade apprehensively.
"She is not a threat." Defended Aaron strongly.
"Please, explain." Demanded Demitrey, though he appeared calm, he was mentally prepping himself, in the instance that the Princess was in fact a traitor.
"I know Princess Melanie, she will not betray her people for Vladimir, I can assure you of that." Argued Aaron.
"But Aaron, you must see it from our point of view, she deceived you, and is now missing, on our pack grounds. Until she is accounted for, and cleared, our members are in danger, and we are the ones who opened the doors and welcomed her in. If any blood is spilled on her behalf in this critical hour, it will be on our hands, and as leaders, we will have to avenge and retaliate." Explained Adelina, often surprising herself when she would speak with such authority.
"And I understand that Luna, but please do not be quick to jump to conclusions. At least, when the Princess is found, allow her to explain herself." Pleaded Aaron, and Adelina nodded, it was only fair, she could tell that Aaron truly cared for Melanie, and it was sweet.
"Fair enough, but Aaron, you must understand, no matter what, there is going to be a war, and in case the Princess has in fact deceived us, I need to know where your loyalties lie. If it is with the Princess I will understand." Spoke Demitrey in a simple yet final note, the message clear in his words.
"My King chose your pack as trusted allies and friends, and now that he is gone, with you is where my loyalty lies. Whether the Princess chooses a different path, my duty is to my clan." Determined Aaron with a firm nod, though it ate at him that he couldn't choose both his Princess and his people. Aaron had taken a vow to be loyal to the people, his wants and needs came after, and the Princess sadly fell in the latter category.
"Good, I am glad that we will not be on opposing sides in this war. We-"
"ALPHA! Come quickly, the Princess has been attacked!" Announced Jeremy, one of the warriors, as suddenly bursts through the doors, slightly out of breath.
"Attacked? What do you mean? Where is she?" Demanded Demitrey, as he quickly stood to his feet, and headed for the doors, with Jeremy leading the way.
"One of the patrols spotted her near the dungeons, she can barely stay awake." Explained Jeremy as everyone followed him to where Melanie laid.

Adelina instantly jumped to her aid. She first noted the bruises and the lacerations to her face and arms. Though her pupils were reactive, she was barely responding.

"Melanie? Melanie, can you tell me what day it is?" questioned Adelina, as she assessed her body for any other injuries.
"T-Tue-Tuesday." Muttered Melanie quietly.
"That's right! You're right, it is Tuesday. Can you tell me where you are exactly?" Continued Adelina, as she noticed Melanie's eyes roll back.
"Come on Princess, stay with me yes? Where are you? Can you tell me where you are?" Pestered Adelina, trying her best to keep the Princess awake
"A-pha Demitrey pack." Melanie whispered, then she added "I want to sleep."
"Alright Princess, you will sleep soon, but I just need you to stay awake a little longer. Kade I need you to get me stretcher from the clinic, and be as quick as you can. She has a few broken ribs, and I'm afraid she could be bleeding internally." At Adelina's words, Melanie suddenly wheezed, as her body shook with violent coughs, and blood began spurting through her lips.
"Shit! Forget it, we need to move her now. Everyone, I need a hand. Cilia you cater her neck with your hands, be as careful as possible. Everyone else focus on keeping her body straight, we move in uniform but quickly. On 3, 1-2-3!" With her count, the Princess's body was hoisted from the ground, as the crew moved quickly yet carefully to the clinic, as soon as they arrived, Aunty Diana had a room already set, with the surgical team on deck and ready to go.