15- "Relations, Relations" part- 1

Adelina nodded and smiled as she looked up and declared like the Luna that she was "I will not leave my Alpha and my people to fight alone in this war. Nor will I abandon Melanie in the moment that she needs me the most to help defend her clan."

*Third person's pnt. of view*

As soon as the Luna and her companions were safely returned to the pack grounds, Vladimir had his men retreat, seeming there was no point in him losing any more men until tomorrow.

Unsure of Vladimir's motives, however, Demitrey and Aaron made sure that they did not let their guard down. They ensured that the guard around the entire perimeter was doubled. The Archer were relieved from duty, but had to be on standby and ready for an unexpected attack.

Selene spent a bit more time with the leaders, as Adelina revealed what Vladimir was planning to do.

Given that he had his men retreat, they only figured he was saving his resources for the tomorrow night.

Once Selene was satisfied with the precautions the pack planned on taking over night, she departed, having a personal mission of her own to complete by tomorrow night.

A secret weapon of sorts.

As the medical volunteers patched up the last few patients, the Luna and her entourage helped clean up while the Alpha ensured that the final safety measures were well in place.

Melanie kept her distance from Adelina, but wanted nothing more than to have an actual conversation with her. Since the revelation that she and the Luna were related, Adelina has barely glanced her way, let alone speak with her.

Even as they were being escorted back to the pack grounds, Melanie felt the urge to speak with her, yet felt it was better to wait, and give her space.

And in this moment, she wondered whether it had been too soon for her to call Adelina "Sister".

Nevertheless, as Melanie's eyes flashed over Adelina's forlorn expression, she could tell she was worried about the Red Moon, as well as her people, and all Melanie wanted to do was hug her tight, and tell her that everything was going to be okay.

"You know you're eventually going to have to talk to her right?" Cilia stated, as she moved next to Adelina, who appeared more stressed than ever.
"I mean, look at her, she's worried about you, and she has already made it clear of how she feels about you guys being sisters, come on babes, you can't push her away." Cilia continued, as she stopped Adelina's frantic hands, and finally earning a look of acknowledgement from the Luna.

Exasperated by her best friend's pestering, yet still loving her for being a friend, Adelina looked over at Cilia then sighed as she said "I know that Cilia. You don't think I know that? I mean what exactly am I supposed to say to her? 'Hey Mel, it seems the family I originally thought I had turned out to be fake all along, and the actual truth is that we're sisters, but we won't have a chance to get to know each other that well because it turns out that tomorrow I might become a monster that is going to wreak havoc and kill everyone!'" Huffed Adelina, her breathing now heavy.
"Well, maybe try starting with the simple things such as her favorite color, favorite movie genre, etc..., just start a conversation and go from there." with those words Cilia literally shoved Adelina in Melanie's direction, making it so obvious that it was too late for Adelina to turn around, given that the action had caught Melanie's attention.

Adelina tuned to Cilia and mouthed "I'm going to kill you."
And all she got in return was a "love you too." from a very perky Cilia.

Turning back around, Adelina suddenly felt shy, almost like how she felt when she first made friends with Peter, she was only hoping that this friendship wouldn't end on the same note as her friendship with Peter.