11- "Who am I?"

*Third person's pnt of view*

As Demitrey tried to prepare himself to lead his warriors and his people into battle, he found himself lost in fear, but as that fear began to make him doubt his leadership skills, he felt Selene's presence behind him.

She didn't speak but instead chose to sit next to him on the bench where he sat. She clasped her hands on her thighs in a calm manner, and sat patiently and quietly, knowing that her grandson had something to say.

"I never admitted this to anyone, but I'm scared, and usually I'll have pre-battle jitters, but this is different. It's pure fear." Demitrey admitted softly as he leaned on his arms, with his elbows bent and propped on his knees.
"May I ask why?" Selene spoke, keeping her voice soft and tender.
"Well this war is a whole new level. I know there are going to be casualties, but if the death toll reaches a certain height, it'll be all my fault. I would've betrayed my people." Demitrey explained.
"Right..." Selene said, then she took a breath as she slightly turned her upper body towards him and continued "tell me something, was it you who killed King Roland and declared war between to different groups of people?" Selene quizzed.
"Well no-"
"And where you the one who has been conspiring with David and planning an attack that will have outcomes that not even I can predict?" Selene continued.
"No, but I am the one who made the decision to sign the treaty in the first place. I'm the leader Selene, I should've foreseen that my actions could if not would, have such repercussions." Demitrey stated, clarifying his reasoning.
"Well no matter, it's happening, and blaming yourself at this point will do you no good. Anything else on your mind?" Selene changed the subject.
"Adelina..."
"What about her?" Selene asked.
"I can feel her pain, but I know she won't confide her pain in me in order not worry me. I love that woman so much Selene, like I feel as though I'm suffocating right now, knowing that there is nothing I can possibly do to ease the pain caused by what Jessica said, but I have to ask... is it true? Is she really not David's daughter?" Demitrey declared passionately, then asked out of curiosity.
"The Luna is a big girl, she will take care of herself. You can be there to provide moral support, but overcoming this grief is a step that she, and only she can take, but yes it is true, the Luna is an orphan." Selene advised and revealed.
"I see, and I know, I hear you, but it just hurts me because she's hurting." Demitrey admitted.

And with those words, the two remained quiet.

Demitrey somehow found that his earlier fears and worries melted away, as he sat next to Selene, until his heart felt as light as the air itself.

"I guess I should be going, I have a motivational speech to prepare." Demitrey joked, as he made a move to stand.
"There is something you must know." Selene stopped him from moving.
"What is it?" Demitrey asked.
"You know that only someone of royal blood can kill Vladimir." Selene began.
"Yes, I know, I haven't found out what I'm gonna do in that situation yet." Demitrey said.
"You're that person Demitrey." Selene declared.
"No, I mean yeah I'm born of an alpha but..."
"It's funny, Adelina said the same thing, except she figured it out." Selene noted.
"Figured what out?"
"Demitrey, you're my grandson." Selene said bluntly, not bothering to beat around the bush.
"Wow Selene, you're always so serious, its kind of hard to see you as the joking type." Demitrey said then laughed, "if you tried to boost my confidence, it didn't quite work, but I appreciate it. I gotta go." Demitrey finished.
"Demitrey Jackson you will have a seat and listen to me!" Selene suddenly ordered, and Demitrey didn't waste a second to comply.

The two sat again quietly, as Demitrey found himself bewildered that he followed Selene's command so quickly.

It's not the fact that she was the moon goddess, heck she didn't even use that tone, in fact, the tone she used almost sounded like...