28- "Coronation Day"

*Third Person's pnt. of view*

After Elany woke up from her coma, it took about two days before she was discharged, and Adelina insisted on having her move into the castle. 

Initially Elany wanted nothing more than to return to her cottage in the forest, but she found that after all the time spent away from her daughter, she never wanted to be apart again.

Elany was discharged just in time for Melanie's coronation, though the hustling and bustling around the castle was not the Doctor's idea of a quiet place to rest.

The coronation day was soon to be upon them, and the pack was in full celebration mode. 

After the Elders made the announcement that the coronation would happen on the pack grounds, Demitrey had sat down with Kade, James, and Aaron in order to determine the proper way to handle the next three days, but the most crucial, was the coronation day itself.

Demitrey knew that a coronation meant that not only were the Elders to be in attendance, but because this was a momentous event where a werewolf Alpha was to crown a vampire Princess as queen, many Royals would also be in attendance.

The King of the Western Clan and his future bride were to attend the ceremony. The Queen of the Eastern clan would also be in attendance. And that was just the local guests.

While Anila was overseeing the dinner preparations, Cilia was in charge of the decorations in the castle and the banquet hall. At some point Anila, Cilia, Adelina and Melanie had to sit together, in order to determine the sitting arrangements for the 200+ guests that were to attend.

And that was a task within itself.

Though vampires are considered peaceful creatures, that was not the case between certain clans. And because at least 1-2 members of every Royal family of each vampire clan in the world were to attend, they had to be careful not to place the wrong princes next to each other.

Melanie was an expert in that field. She knew the history of her people, she knew who were allies, and which clans had feuds as old as their ancestors.

She understood that each clan had their own culture and customs, and because everyone deserved respect, she had no intention on having anyone feel uncomfortable.

Coronation day was her day, and while she was nervous, she was excited. It was a moment she hoped to make her father proud, and she would be damned if anyone tried to ruin it.

So after hours of brainstorming, and moving a few seats around, the ladies were finally able to find an agreeable sitting arrangement, and they could only pray that no one said the wrong thing, or else the celebration would become anything but.

Kade and James had the guards on full alert because besides the royals who would be making an appearance the day of the coronation, members of Melanie's clan were traveling to the grounds in order to witness the celebration.

The Elders resided in the castle until time for the celebration, hence an increased presence of vampire authority on the pack grounds as well. Nevertheless, both the Red Moon Pack and the Southern Clan were now at peace, and everything was moving along as quietly and as smoothly as possible.

Besides, no one would dare create a fuss at this time, or else they risked facing the Elders' wrath. And no one wanted to be that person.

After arranging security detail, Demitrey found himself stuck in a class with a royal council members from the Southern clan, who had less than 72 hours to teach him everything he needed to know about performing a coronation. And it was a lot more complicated then he originally though. Yet everything had to be perfect.