27- "Mommy's Daughter"

Just as he pulled away, Dr. Sarah appeared in the doorway and announced "Luna, its time."
And Adelina nodded, taking a deep breath.
Here we go.

*Third person's pnt. Of view*

"Did she say anything yet?" Anila whispered as everyone, but the Alpha and Luna, tried to lean against the closed door which led to the hospital room where Elany was currently residing.
"Shh. I can't hear anything." Cilia hushed, as she pressed her ear against the door.
"Girls come on, what if she opens the door?" James scolded, though he was slightly curious as to the conversation taking place in the room on the other side.
"Oh hush, you know you want to be in there." Anila waved him off.
"Guys shush I hear something." Cilia urged, and they fell quiet.

On the other side of the door, Dr. Sarah began to explain the process that was going to take place in the next few minutes.

"So according to the imaging results, the tear in her lung has healed through accelerated healing from her wolf. It took slightly longer because the stake was poisoned, but once it was flushed from her system, she improved significantly. So she will now be placed on oxygen with a nasal cannula, instead of being intubated. We flushed her system, and her heart has regained it's strength. According to the EEG readings, her brain activity is increasing, which means she is getting ready to wake up. Because the coma was induced by us, we're going to push some medication, and reverse the coma. If everything goes well, she should be awake within the next few hours. I have to warn you, it may take a shorter or longer time for her to wake up." Dr. Sarah spoke, keeping her voice calm, though Adelina's presence made her cautious, and nervous.

She was trying very hard not to screw up, and the thought alone had her heart going crazy. She also tried not to audibly gulp, or stutter during her presentation.

So far, she was doing well.

The Luna looked over at the doctor, and Adelina could see how Sarah reacted when they made eye contact, and Adelina understood her discomfort.

When the Luna said nothing, the doctor simply nodded to the nurse to proceed, and that's when Adelina spoke up.

"Wait. Dr. Sarah, first and foremost, thank you for everything that you've done. You and your team have worked exceptionally well, and it will not go unnoticed or unrewarded. I also wanted to apologize for my outburst last night. I understand that you were in a stressful situation, and I had no right to back you into a corner, defenseless." Adelina apologized with a soft smile, and Sarah nodded quickly speaking "thank you Luna."

To say she was shocked would be an understatement. She had heard testimonies of the Luna being kind, but today she got to see it for herself.

"Okay, let's do this." Sarah gave the signal, as she turned to her team.

The nursing staff who witnessed the exchange, smiled quietly at the Luna's kind and humble gesture, then they got to work.

First they removed the tube from Elany's throat, and placed her on the cannula. Then they pushed the medication through her IV line.

Once they were done, Dr. Sarah explained once more that it may take a few before she woke up, and that they should get comfortable.

With that being said, the doctor left the room, leaving the Alpha and Luna in privacy, and of course telling the curious members of the council that the leaders and Elany were fine.

"Talk to me." Demitrey said after studying Adelina for a while, who kept her eyes on her mother's face. And in turned she sighed, looking away and saying "I don't know how I feel about her. I mean where do I even begin?" Adelina revealed, as she tried to conceptualize how her conversation would go with Elany once she woke up.
"From the beginning." Demitrey shrugged, then quickly added "hear me out," when Adelina sent him a look.
"We know her relationship with Roland meant they shouldn't conceive a child, and I know that once you were born she left you at a doorstep. But that doesn't necessarily mean that she didn't want you."
"But-"
"No, no buts. Adelina, she could've chosen to get rid of you the second she found out she was pregnant with you. She could've chosen Roland over you even though she loved him, but she didn't. When Selene went to rescue her, she could've chosen to stay out of it. She didn't do that, she came, and helped you."
"I understand that, but how am I supposed to greet her now? Huh? I mean, I'm about to be 27, I have a daughter who is now three. I have a husband, a place to call home, I have everything I need. And now, here she is, two decades later, or rather two decades too late." Adelina stated, her heart hurting.