6- "Unexpected Revelations"

*Third person's pnt. Of view*

"My mother, what was she like?" Demitrey asked lowly, his hands brushing through the Luna's hair, enjoying their softness.
"She was sweet, kind, beautiful." Responded Adelina honestly, her Alpha's caress sending tiny tremors of pleasure throughout her body.
"And I need not ask about my father." Demitrey dismissed with a curt tone.
"Yeah he wasn't the nicest of characters, could use better manners." noted Adelina.

The couple chuckled then hummed simultaneously.

After a moment of silence, Demitrey spoke once more.

"Babe this game is getting too dangerous, we have multiple traitors within our walls, yet Thalia won't reveal who the others are. I'm afraid of what may happen next. The ball is not in our court, we don't have any shots to call, and yet we can't remain sitting ducks." voiced Demitrey.
"I know, as soon as aunty D says I'm clear to go, we'll figure something out. Now where is my baby?" asked Adelina.
"I'm right here." Pointed Demitrey with a pout.
"I meant Anna-Marie." Chuckled Adelina as she shook her head at her husband's childishness, playfully slapping his chest.
"Oh she's at Cilia's having a play date with Joseph. Apparently he's her best friend, it's too bad when she reaches a certain age, I'm gonna have to break that friendship up." Explained Demitrey.
"Oh? And why is that?" Asked Adelina as she lifted her head to stare into her mate's eyes.
"Because babe, best friends sometimes turn into boyfriends." Noted Demitrey, sounding very much like the father that he was.
"Demitrey they're children, let them be. I mean come on, how old were you when you had your first girlfriend?" Asked Adelina.
"Well-"
"Actually, don't answer that question." Cut Adelina, before she heard something upsetting.

Demitrey laughed and brought his lips to hers as he kissed her softly, when he pulled away, he sighed and groaned as he said "why is it that its only in the worst possible moments, I find myself wanting to make love to you?"
"Because you can't control your hormones." Responded Adelina.
"Oh but you can?" Asked Demitrey.
"More than you." Teased Adelina.
"See you're only talking big because I can't do anything to you in this setting, but you wait till I take you home." Warned Demitrey.
"Jeez such charm, at least take me on a date first." At those words the couple giggled, and once more settled in their favorite position, where Demitrey held Adelina close, with her head cocooned under his neck.

With that conversation, the couple laid in comfortable silence, until Adelina asked "did you get to sleep last night?"
"Not really, no. I was too worried to let Anna out of my sight." Replied Demitrey.
"Then rest for a few, after that encounter I won't be sleeping, so if anything happens, I'll be here." Stated Adelina as Demitrey pulled her closer, and hummed in agreement.

Aunty D ensured that the leaders were not to be disturbed. Since the Vampires' arrival to the pack grounds, everyone had been on high alert, and it didn't help that some were questioning the leaders' judgement, but at the end of the day no one dared to speak up, they knew their leaders had been through thick and thin, and they would remain loyal to the end.

While the power couple took a rest, and in the sudden absence of the Luna, the welcomed guest found themselves aroused with unease.

"Did something happen with the Luna? Is that why we haven't seen her since yesterday afternoon? And why is one of your pack members in the dungeons? I understand that I am just a guest here but I deserve some kind of explanation." Demanded Melanie, not bothering to mask her worry, as she paced up and down the office, where Kade was hosting the requested meeting.
"Well Princess as soon as our leaders return, you shall have all the explanation required. But in this moment I just ask for your cooperation and patience." Spoke Kade as he tried to remain calm, and keep their guests calm. He knew with the Luna injured and the threats towards his family, the Alpha wasn't in the best shape to deal with impatience, so this was his way of helping.
"Yes but for how long? And where have they gone that they need to "return"? You do realize the more time we stay and do nothing, the more time is allotted for Vladimir to torture and kill innocent people. I cannot sit by and wait much longer. Tell your Alpha that he is running out of time. If anything I can choose to seek refuge elsewhere." Threatened Melanie, her eyes vibrating alive, her red lips and pale skin such an allure.
"Princess, I don't think threats are necessary. You would do well to abide by the plan, if the Alpha say we should wait, then that is what we shall do." Spoke James, being careful not to lose his temper. He wasn't the biggest fan of vampires.
"No matter. I have a duty to my people, tell your Alpha wherever he is, that he is running out of time."
"Princess if I may ask, do you believe that if you father did not trust the Alpha, he would've sent you to him rather than referring you to another clan ? Take care not to get carried away my emotions princess." quizzed Kade, as he tried to avoid a back and forth.
"Don't You dare bring my father into this! My father died fighting for his people, he died a hero." defended Melanie passionately, her anger suddenly flaring.