05. The Motherboard Project

The Garage, 07.19

With head is spinning like a fresbee, Morgan open her eyes into unfamiliar place, along with a man sleeping in the side of the bed.
"Damn it...." She looks at her surrounding, feels like she's inside a hospital that doesn't looks like one. "Oh, hey, you're up."
"What did you do to me?"
"Umm.. saving your life probably?"
"No...no no, you shouldn't do that." She tries to remove the tube that supply her everything that she needs to get better. "I should've died to complete that..."
"Hey, hey. Calm down, just...lay there. We can talk. Okay." Walter hold her down and convince her to listen to him. "I know what you're thinking. You though it's the only way to get the truths out. To take down Pete. I know about the case. But we can try another way. My team is working on that."
"No.. I don't think you got it right. I have to die if I want to release the truth."

"By dying, you only exposed Pete. But little did you know some.... bigger player in the pool." Reddington suddenly shows up, surprised the hell out of Morgan. "Reddington? Raymond Reddington?"
"I am. Believe me Morgan. We can take down a lot of them if you choose to stay alive. Maybe you think you had it all, you only have one critical piece, I had one too. We can work together."
"I don't know what's your endgame, yet. But I'm listening."

Red takes a seat beside Walter and sighs, "This whole conspiracy, you though it happen only recently. You're wrong. They've been doing this for years. For as long as I became a fugitive. That long."
"So you're saying you're innocent?"
"I'm not. I am a criminal, a businessman for all I know. But I'm not selling intel like what they accused. It was them."
"And why should I trust you?"
"You shouldn't, but David did."
"Fair enough."
"So... Tell us about the Motherboard."

CIA Headquarter, 07.40

"What do you mean she isn't there? You lost her from the warehouse, you lost her again at the storage unit?" Pete almost spill his coffee when he got a call that his people couldn't find Morgan even after get her secret storage unit. "You mean she tried to kill herself? Somebody safe her?" One person tht came to his mind right now is no other than Reddington. "It must be him. You find him, you'll find her. I don't care how, just get it done. Kill Reddington, he doesn't get automatic protocol like she does. Bring her to me, alive. I need to disarm her brain carefully." Furiously, he's near to throw his phone. But then a call comes from a burner.

"Sandburg."
"Hello Pete."
"Reddington."
"Haha. As much as I love this, but I need to say.... I told you so! I got another piece of the cake."
"Don't be so sure Red. I know about her, you're not gonna expose me. Because to make that happen, you have to kill her. But you can't do that, can you?"
"Hahaha, you underestimate my resources. I got people who will figure out how to get that data out, safely. You can sit tight and watch me cut the organization open that they're gonna need to get rid of you. You choose to mess with a wrong man, absolutely the wrong woman, and also wrong group of people."

The Garage, 07.30

After Walter call the rest of the team, Morgan tells them everything. From the very beginning. "I remember it was a Friday morning, I put my latest experiment on human cells. To steal from some wealthy women. I stole their fingerprints with my first neuro-computer. Build in my own hand."
"Steal? How?" Walter listen to Morgan carefully, trying to understand what she's doing with her technology.
"I rigged cells around my hands to record fingerprints of people that shake my hand. It was recorded biologically but then proceeded digitally. Once I got their fingerprints, I could make a 3D prints of their thumbs with a jell-o. Rob their asset with a fucking jell-o." Hearing that, Red chuckles. "Impressive. I love jell-o. And then what?"

"One day when I was in a prison for some other crime, a great man, totally my type, visiting my cell. He's a CIA. He told me that he got all the camera recordings when I enter those banks, he knows my face were all over the place. He really got me. For a record, I successfully avoid any CCTV, but.... CIA are always CIA, those recordings came from private cam, phone, laptop, and many more. He said he's gonna added more to my conviction unless I told him how did I do it, because all of those banks use biometric key. Not only I got the Jell-o, I also read people behavior, get close to them, and then I can guess combination key of their box."
"Is that true? Impressive. Read me."
"You... Raymond Reddington, are now wondering...that if I really could read people, I must have known that your goal isn't only to bring this organization down. You got another agenda. You need something from me. That's why you're willing to gave me your blood. What? You think I wouldn't see one sleeve that you pulled down? Because I saw none of the other had a fresh needle mark. I certainly didn't see that on you because you pull your sleeve."
"Close enough."

Toby almost drop his jaw after her long explanation on Reddington. "Honestly, you're kind of intimidating. Walter is 197, I wonder what's your number."
"Never tested. I don't know. Don't care. Should I continue?"
"Go ahead."
"The man who recruited me was David. He was a....new boy trying to crawl his way up. He got this idea based on his own visions. You know some undercover agents are risking their operation because they need to report to their handler directly. They need a network, between brains. A technology to put an untraceable computer that could store data, while transmitting it as well. Working exactly like a radio frequency, just with a very private line, with a specific serial number. When an agent died, it would trigger the protocol to destroyed the data only on that agent's brain and send a back up directly into the main computer. The one that only I know the frequency, The Motherboard."
"Who leads the project?"
"Pete Sandburg."
Red smirks and pulls his own files. "The fourth base. A culprit. He's a small player. I think the organization get you on this project, for more than just your skill."
"Like what?"
"I don't know, just yet. I got a bet, but it's not enough."
"One night, David called me, telling me that Pete is dirty and he told me to go into our safe house. Saying that he will gather more. So I hijacked the motherboard, get it out from the main line and turn it into only a data storage. So whatever David gathering from that moment to the point of the crash, I got no information. David never showed up, I waited. Then Pete got me first, he threatened David if he won't crash the train, he would cut off my head. David made the wrong choice, because I know exactly that Pete can't kill me. I set a reverse protocol that if I die, the data will leaks, working in a totally opposite way from the one that's inside agents' head. David should've never done that." A drop of tears coming down her cheeks as Walter comes closer to hold her hand. "I lost someone on that train as well."

Red gets up, "What happened on that train, is a tragedy. David did it because he loved you. I came here to honor him, because he saved me by telling me not to get into that train. He warned me. As for Paige, I feel terribly sorry. But Morgan, you cannot do that again. Don't try to kill yourself. Because I believe you're a key for something bigger."