22. Laila Thamrin

The Garage, 20.56

"It's been what? 5 days? No, it's been a week. Have you heard from Dembe about her?" Toby get his bag and get ready to get home. "No, he hasn't call. But I'm sure he does anything to get her back."
"I'm sure about that. What about you Walt? You seems get along quickly with her." Laila quickly turn around after Toby said that. "Toby, can we not talking about that? Back then, you were mocking me when I got close with Morgan, now you're mocking me when I close with Laila. What do you want?"
"Nothing. Just saying.... I like Morgan more than this Paige look-alike." Toby's words seems to hurt Laila as she walks away from the room. "Well thanks Toby. Your nonsense hurt her. I think you should go home." Walter stand up and  follow her outside. He can't find Laila anywhere so he walks back to the garage. "You better think about this and apologize to her tomorrow. You hear me?" He gets his key and drives around with his car.

Just as he turns around the alley, he see her sitting there alone. "Laila!" She quickly wipes her tears and smile. "I'm sorry about Toby. He's....a jerk. But he's actually a good friend."
"No, that's okay. I understand. I never think that I will ever get this position. I was....working as a prostitute before I met Morgan. She saw my potential and offer me the job. So for me.... I'll never have any intention to replace her. I'm a nobody."
"Don't say that. If Morgan sent you to us. That means she trust you to take care of our team."
"You do?"
"Of course. You're natural. It's like seeing Paige herself taking care of..." He stops for awhile, realizing what he just said to her. Toby was right, she looks like Paige. Soon or later it would get him. And it does now. "Nevermind. Just get out of here okay? It's not safe out here. Let's go." Walter bring her back to the garage and makes her two cups of coffee.

"Taste good?"
"Yes. Thank you Walter. Can I ask you something?"
"Yes?"
"Do you like Morgan?"
"What? Umm... Yes, of course. As a friend. It's never more than that. People always assume we're more than that. But we're not. We're co-worker. Also... she's out of my league. She's umm perfect. If you think I'm the genius here, it means you haven't seen her works. I mean... she's strong, she can fight. But also very brilliant in the terms of science."
"Okay... I get that...."
"But no need to be intimidated. She's a nice person. And determined."
"I know. She said she's not coming back unless she have her dad with her. When.... Dembe said that he might be sacrifice his boss to safe Morgan, I think she would never agree to that. Because..... I know people who truly care about someone, and she's really care about her dad. She might not explicitly saying it. But I knew."
"That's because she grew up as an orphan. I think..... that's why she's not letting anything happened to her dad. Because she finally knew her parents and she doesn't want anything get in her way to get him back."

Walter smiles, "What about you Laila?"
"Me? Umm... I have a sister, and my mom. I'm their source of living. And um....since it was quite hard to have a lot of money as a regular accountant, I worked as a prostitute to pay my sister's school tuition."
"Your life is hard."
"I know. I will be forever grateful for Morgan. I got this.... accounting job with promising paycheck. And thanks to you, for being a good boss."
"You're welcome." He's staring at her, now admitting to himself how much she resemblance Paige's face features. But then the picture of Morgan's face comes to his mind. He fight the urge and successfully throw away that thought and turn it into Paige's face again. He's thinking to himself that maybe he should forget about Morgan and get close to Laila instead.

"Walter?"
"Yeah?"
"Something is wrong?"
"No.... it's just....you looked amazing." She giggles. "Did you hit your head or something?"
"No. I.... I'm not joking." Walter gets closer and she's sitting there, not resisting his move. "But Walter... I was a....."
"Your past is not a problem for me. These past days, you're being a great listener. Even though we just known for a couple days, I feel like I've known you for years." He see Paige in her, and it feels like he got his love back to life again.

Hearing him, she lay down as he got on the top of her. Kissing her. "Walter are you sure about this?"
"I am."

Jakarta, 06.26

The sunlight just came in through the windows as Morgan open her eyes. Patrick is taking care of her this past seven days and she feels like having her teenage years back. It's like when they were still a lover back then. Patrick was her first love and definitely leave a special place in her mind. So looking back and seeing him these past seven days, spending time with him again makes her really happy.

"Good morning... Alice. How's your leg?" He giggles as he kisses her neck and down to her chest. "Funny Jane. Now you know my real name, you can joke about it. And my leg are great. Thanks to you. For taking care of me."
"You're welcome. I'm glad you're here."
"Me as well. But I'm afraid I can't stay any longer."
"I know.. I know. You have to safe your dad. Need my help?"
"No, no. I can handle it. You helped me enough. I can't never pay you back."
"Actually you can."
"Yeah, how?"
"Will you marry me?"
"What? Patrick..."
"Come on it's not like an official wedding or something. I just need to.... hear you saying I do...to me." He takes her hand. "Will you?"
"Alright..  what should I do?"
"Come here." He gets her to stand on her feet, pulling a key chain and get a ring out of it. "Alice Reddington. Would you marry me, Patrick Jane and take me as your husband?" She giggles and gives him her hand. "I do."
"That's it. I pronounced us, husband and wife." He kisses her and she kisses his back.

"We should have a quick honeymoon. Before you save your dad tomorrow and back to the stage."
"I know. I have to give you the experience of being my husband. How about um.... right now? We should have sex for the rest of the day because we don't have a weekend for the honeymoon."
"That's actually a good idea."
"And I....will take a shower first. You can join me later." She smirks at him and hop into the bathroom. "Alright. I'll catch up." Patrick throw his head for a moment and smiles, remembering what just happened to him and how happy he is right now. After awhile, he stands up and get his towel. When he's about to get into the bathroom, his eyes catch a pile of papers. It seems like Morgan did some sketches of plan. He takes a look at them and realizing what she's gonna do.

"Morgan?"
"Yeah? Where are you? I thought you're gonna join me?"
"I was....can you just finished taking the shower and come here?"
"Okay. Wait there." He looks at each of those papers, he's definitely not gonna let her do that.

"So? What's the deal Jane?" She shows up and see Patrick holding those papers, "Patrick? You wanna say something?"
"I...I don't want you to do this."
"Patrick, this is my dad. Trust me, I know what I'm doing."
"I know. But when I saw this.....Morgan, you're dealing with a very dangerous organization."
"I know that. That is why I don't want you to get involved. You helped me enough, I want you to stay here. Keep yourself safe."
"I can't let you going there alone. I'll go with you."
"No you're not." Morgan pulls out her gun, point it to him. "Morgan..."
"Get into the bathroom."
"You're not gonna kill me."
"I'm not. But I will shoot you."
"Morgan, please...let me help you."
"You don't understand. I can't risk you getting hurt. I'm sorry Patrick. But you need to do as I say." She leads him into the bathroom and lock it.

"I'll get you out Patrick. I'll call Andi to get you, after....after I'm gone."