30. Sunday Breeze

The Garage, 04.25

"Yes. No he's not helping him. You have that leverage......I know, I'll try to find more. I told you the name, just give me some times to find the location."
"Laila?" Walter suddenly walking downstairs and she quickly cut the call.
"Yes?"
"What are you doing on the phone this early?"
"What? No. I'm just calling my family."
"Oh, okay. Everything's okay?"
"Yes. Absolutely. I'm just....kind of missed them."
"Right. Maybe we can bring them here sometimes?"
"Sure. We can do that."
"Okay. Now just go back to sleep okay?"
"Okay."

Paris, 13.21

"Thank you for put me out of prison Red."
"That's the least I can do. I can't do much when the leaks came out. I'm glad you're out of the Cabal as well."
"Yes. I should've done that years ago. Anyway....Alice....She's okay?"
"I can't be sure. She's M.I.A for now."
"You can't find her?"
"No Lorraine. I can't. No matter how hard I tried. I can't find her."
"But she's alive?"
"I believe, yes. I need every hand on board to find her. Including yours."
"What do you want me to do?"
"I need you to introduce me to one of your associate. Gregory Krugerrand."
"Greg? Sure."
"I'll be in touch later." He stands up but then Lorraine hold his hand. "Red..." She get up from her seat and facing him. "I wish... We could fix things together. As both parents. I'm out. I'm no longer tied to the organization....maybe....I don't know, can we start over?"
"I'm aware that we still have our feelings, but you know my opinion on that matter. I hope you understand Lorraine." She sighed, looks down. "I do. I get it." Lorraine gets up on her feet and pat the back of his hand. "I'll see what I can do...for Alice."

The Garage, 12.31

He lays back and looks up to the ceiling. There's still memories of the time when he and Morgan laid together that night. When he touched her in such a way, for the first time. The way she looked at him while she was laying there with him. It's still magical. The smell, the voice, everything. The way she makes him feel like he doesn't need to be a genius.

Then Walter start to wondering where she is right now. Realized that he indeed wants to know how she's doing. Even more than his romantic feelings towards her, he has this protective instinct on her.

"What's wrong? You looked sad." Happy walks in, along with Toby and their kid. "Woahh! You guys are back?"
"Yeah O'Brien. You have the brain but sure not enough. Deal with that." Toby giggles. "This is good. Sly will also be here, and Cabe."
"Scorpions is back in business."

"I heard about business. I brought one." Cabe arrives with Sylvester. "Hey Cabe! Back with Homeland?"
"Not quite. I'm with the FBI. Kids, this is Dir. Harold Cooper." They pay attention to this man. Such a polite, wise, and a gentleman who had this good vibe all over him. "Mr. Cooper, this is Walter, Happy, Toby, and Sylvester."

"It's nice to see you, Scorpion. As you know, I'm with the FBI, and you might wondering why I'm here."
"Quiet a bit."
"Good. I'm here because I need you to looking for our ex consultant. We believe he went with an important asset and we need to find this man."
"This man has a name?"
"Patrick Jane. He's a reader. He read people's behavior."
"A shrink? Like me? Easy." Toby jumps in.
"Yes. But you can't underestimate his ability. To find this man is not gonna be easy. He once been on a run before we found him and asked him to work for us. He knows how to disappear." He shows a picture along with a case file on Patrick. "Also, the asset that I mentioned before, is basically a genius. Much like your counterpart, Mr. O'Brien. To find both of them needs special skills. That's why I need this team. One of my people will help you determine where to start. He will be here shortly."
"This asset, has a name?"
"It's classified and on a need-to-know basis. Also we can't be sure what name this asset is using on the run. There's also a possibility of facial changes."

"Okay, that's a hard start. What do you wish we would do?"
"Find any link. Even the most irrelevant one. Agent Mojtabai will talk to you about it." A man walks in, seems like a fellow tech guy, with much formal suits. "Hi. My name is Aram. Aram Mojtabai."
"Mr O'Brien, this is Agent Mojtabai. He's been looking for a lead for 6 months, he got some clues, but not much. I hope you two can work together."

Zermatt, 15.56

"Ouch. I got a kick." Morgan giggles feeling that little kick from inside her belly. "It's because Mommy's refusing to eat daddy's delicious mushroom soup." Patrick brought her a corn soup. "It really craving for a corn soup. But I love the mushroom one though."
"It got so big."
"I know! It's not gonna be long before I brought a child to this world. I'm anxious."
"Now, get a rest, I'll do the housework and also buy supplies. You can not go anywhere. You hear me?" Patrick kisses her forehead before leave the house.

She's almost finished the soup when the phone rings. "Hello?" There's a background noise but no voice could be heard. "Hello? Who's this?" She becomes cautious and looks around the house. She quickly hung up the call, then lock all the doors and windows. She remembers to keep a gun inside the wall, near the fireplace so she goes to get it. She place her palm on her belly in a protective manner. "It might be nothing sweetie, or just some teenagers' prank. But better be prepared."

They live in a remote place so the only phone she could use is the one she received the call with. There are no cellphone signal here. But down the market, Patrick probably could get signals. She quickly got to the phone and trying to make a call, "Come on, pick it up Patrick." She waits but the line is busy. At the time of the fifth ring, she hears footsteps outside her house. "Ah come on. Not a good time." There's a glimpse of shadows from the curtains and it sends her a signal to went down to the basement. She never thought of ever using that room to hide, but she gladly took precautions.

"Please be safe Patrick. Please."