23. The Crimson Prime

Jakarta, 20.37

"This woman. Did you see her?" Dembe spent the last 3 days trying to find Morgan based on the number Laila gave him, but she doesn't pick up his calls so he has to find her in more inconvenience way. He tries to think like Reddington, like what direction would he take, or what action he would make. Because he knows Morgan would do at least things that Reddington is gonna do in the same situation.

"I'm sorry, did you ever seen this woman?"
"Yes. Actually she came here like a week ago. Mr. Jane might know about it."
"Mr. Jane?"
"That man right there. Blue shirt, messy hair." The bartender point out the man who's drinking on the corner of the bar. "Thank you Mr...."
"Andi. Call me Andi."
"Thank you Andi."

He walks straight to the man, and take a seat on his right side. "Don't move. We need to talk."
"Who are you?"
"It doesn't matter. Did you happened to know this woman?" The man seems a little tipsy but managed to look at the picture. "Ahh.... Morgan. I'm not gonna tell you where she is. I don't trust you." He keeps drinking to the point where Dembe has to grab his glass. "You need to tell me. She's in danger."
"I don't buy it. I know people are looking for her. I'm not gonna fall into your trap."
"Listen to me. Morgan is the daughter of my employer. My friend. I have the responsibility to bring her home, safely.... Hold on..." Dembe got a text from Morgan's new number.

I got in. No phone call for now. I'll get him out, we'll wait for you outside. But if we don't get out after 15 minutes you got this message, find Reddington by tracking this number.

She texted every detail of her plan along with an address. "I'm sorry I have to go Mr. Jane...."
"Wait. Are you... really going to save her? Let me help you. She won't let me help her in the first place, but please I need to know if she's okay."
"You're drunk."
"I can get my shit together. Trust me."
"You might got hurt."
"I know where is she. I saw her plan when we were....when she was staying with me."
"Alright. I had a car outside. Let's go."

21.20

"I'll get you out. I promise. Just wait here. I'll got it handled."
"Morgan...what are you.... you're not supposed to be here."
"Don't worry. Dembe will be here soon. To get you out, I need to access the panel room. I'll leave this phone outside this box so Dembe can come to get you later."
"There are many of them in here Morgan. You can't beat them all...."
"Alice. Call me Alice... Dad." Reddington got chills for what she asked him to do. "Be safe... Alice."
"I'll get you out. We'll back home soon enough. There will be no one getting in our way again. Just... wait." She's quickly leaving him into another room.

The panel room is located in the center of the facility. There were guards, scientist, and many more. Using some tools that Laila got her last week, she managed to make it into a room nearby the panel room. She saw Oliver in that room, along with guards, so she triggers the alarm on this other room to lure them out from the panel room and quickly get into the vents, straight into the top of panel room. Carefully, she lock the door. Oliver and the guards realized that the panel room is being compromised so they run onto it fast. But not fast enough to get in there before she lock the door.

Using a device she built earlier, she finally get the code to get Reddington out. "You can't get out Alice. You're surrounded!"
"Yeah? I tell you what Oliver...none of you wearing a mask!" She smirks. Then he realized that she's been set up some devices around the facility with sedative substance. She activate those devices and she can see them slowly fall down one by one. When she's sure all of them are down, she put a mask on and get out from the panel room. But then she got an idea to get back to panel room and send a quick message to Dembe from the computer, just in case she can't reach the box in time to free his dad.

21.32

"I got a code. Like a key code from Morgan."
"Did she tell you how's the situation inside?"
"No. Just a code. I had a bad feelings that she can't get to her father. We better split up. I'll take upstairs, you stay on this level." Dembe gives Patrick a gun and then split up.

Dembe carefully explore the higher level, seeing a lot of people passed out. He suspect it was a sedative gas. But from the situation, he can tell the effect is long gone. He turns into a corridor. He doesn't know where he needs to enter so he calls the number and hear a sound from room number 5. When he open it, he can find a glass box with Reddington inside. "Raymond!"
"Dembe. Did you find Morgan?"
"No. I didn't see her. She only sent me a code. It must be to open your box." He enter the code and then the box is wide open.

"Give me a gun. We need to find her before anyone could get to her."

22.14

"Right there. Good girl. Now walk." This man wearing a gas mask and definitely not being knocked out by the gas earlier. And now he got her. "You're not gonna get away with this...."
"Morgan!" Patrick shows up and surprised the man who held her hostage, not knowing that he got a gun. "Get down Patrick!" The man start to shooting at him, and while he's doing that, Morgan tries to get the gun from him. "Get out Patrick!"
"I'm not leaving you!" He shoots this man's shoulder because he doesn't have a clean shot to bring him down without hurting Morgan.

While she's is struggling to get the gun from him, the man finally able hit her head with the back of his gun, slam her head to a wall behind her, resulting her being unconscious and fall into a pool in the process. "Damn it!" The man tries to get her but then there are bullets aim at him shot by Patrick. They shoot at each other before the man being outgunned by Reddington and Dembe. "Hey, we got your back. Go get her." He quickly jump into the pool and get her out while Reddington and Dembe pursue the man that's now on the run into the center of the building.

"He locked us out." They can't get in any further to catch this guy.

"Come on! Breathe! Morgan!" Patrick is trying hard to do CPR as Reddington and Dembe got back. Watching this man do everything he can to save her. "Morgan I know you can hear me. Come on!" After awhile, Morgan start to shows a sign of life. Still with a buzzing head, but she's awake.  "I umm...."
"Oh God.. Morgan.." Tears running from his eyes as he hold her and kiss her soon as she's awake. Then he lift her up and get her into Dembe's car.

"She's okay. She will need a hospital care after that blunt force she received but she will be fine."
"I... I haven't ask your name. You just saved my daughter.. Can I at least know your name?"
"His name is Patrick Jane, Raymond. He insisted to help me, to get you and Morgan out safely." He looks at Patrick and show a remarkable gratitude towards him. "So you are close with my daughter..."
"Yes. I know your daughter from the time in our foster house."
"And it's more than just....close friends, I supposed?"
"We did have a relationship, but it didn't last long, I got married. And Morgan got married too, so....actually I quite surprised she came to me last week."
"You said you are married..."
"I was.... My wife died a couple of years ago. Killed."
"I'm sorry..."
"Don't be. It's all done. I killed the killer. Why do you think I'm staying here, away from my home? I'm wanted by the FBI."
"FBI? Why?"
"The man is a serial killer."
"Ah, I see... Anyway, you were the person who took care of her for these past days. I owe you."
"I did. But really, she's a strong woman. I only did her a little favor."
"Thank you... Mr. Jane. I'm sure you did a lot for her. If there's anything I can do..."
"There is.... When you got back home. You tell her that I'm sorry for not able to accompany her."
"And why is that?"
"I said that. It's a long way down from a police consultant to be a criminal myself. I can't get back. Anyway, I hope she can resolve anything that happen between her and Walter. I wish them for the best."
"Okay. Of it's all that you want. I will make sure I'll tell her that." He smiles a bitter smile, "And you... She really cares about you. Because you're her dad. We never have a dad before. Promise me you'll make sure  she will feel that experience. She deserves that."

"I will." Reddington close the car door and then drive away.