19. Go Down with The Ship

Jakarta, 22.30

Morgan wakes up with both arms tied. She's inside a moving vehicle. Probably a van. She can still feel the numbness behind her head, remember how she got knocked out. "Red...." She tries to look around and there he is, unconscious as well. "Oliver....you betrayed him...twice."
"So they're right about you. You're Alice. Who was grown up as Morgan, and then took an identity of Jade Emerson. That's impressive. You and Reddington are alike."
"That night....you took of your mask. I just remember it now. You were ordered to kill me. Why didn't you do it?"
"I got a kid. You were a kid, I couldn't do it. My only weakness. They know how much Red trust me. That's why I hesitate, I think by separate you from Red is enough to do the purpose. Killing you isn't necessary. I know someone who can erase some of your memories and put you somewhere away."
"The purpose... What purpose?"
"I can't tell you....but the point is... I didn't expect you to be reunited with your father." She shrugged, "Agree. I wish I never knew him as my father. But regardless, he's still my father. But you... Why you're doing this now? You're away from all this."
"I was. Until he came to me for help, and because of that....the Crimson Prime assigned me again. I need to do what they asked. When they finally found me through Reddington, it's only a matter of time until they held me responsible for not doing their order to kill you that night. But this time is different. They want you as well as your father. Alive."

As they're talking, Reddington wakes up coughing. "Red...." Morgan quickly help him to lift his head. "You're okay?"
"Jade..."
"Yes it is me. How do you feel?"
"Dizzy." He looks at Oliver, cannot believe from all person he's the one who betrayed him. "Reeds.... Why are you doing this?"
"They got me Red, they know my weekness."
"You should come to me. Not them."
"You're wrong Red. You can't do anything about that." He sighs, "I really don't wanna hurt you, or her, Red. I was ordered to kill her that night. But I didn't."
"You made me think my daughter was dead, Oliver."
"It was for the better. The Cabal were after her as well. I don't have the gut to kill her so I put her away. Apparently it's also a mistake because I didn't put her away enough not to be found by them."
"I can help you Oliver. If you help me. Let us go."
"I can't. I'm sorry." He then looks away, settled up his gun.

Morgan hold Reddington, gives him the care that he needs. His friend just betrayed him and she knows he feels devastated right now. She whispered to him, "I'm gonna got us out. Now get down."
"No, don't do anything stupid."
"I said get down." And then she jumps to Oliver, trying to pin him down and get his gun. Resulting the gun to be fired to the ceiling. By the time he knocked her down, he drag Reddington and poin a gun to his head. "Do as I say, or your dad dies."
"Go.... Get out Alice." She's almost skip a beat when Reddington call her that. "No, I'm not leaving without you."
"I said go."
"Don't do that. You won't see me hurting your dad, do you?"

"Alice go. This is my chance to protect you. Let me do that. I owe you." Tears running from her eyes, for the first time she feels like she really have a dad. And it's Reddington. "I'll find you. I promise." She jumps out the van onto the street. Breaking her leg in the process.

00.13

She tries hard to walk to a more crowded road. Surrounded by strangers, she needs to find a payphone. But she can't even find one around here. Her head is still dizzy due to the hit and her legs are nothing better. "Miss, are you okay?" A teenage girl comes to her, dressed in a neon pink and a mini skirt. Morgan looks at her, she can't really say what she needs to say. Tired, exhausted, and feeling like a mess.

"Miss? Oh god..." Right when Morgan is about to collapse, the girl catch her. Help her walk and leads her to her little flat. She lays her down in a mattress just right at the corner of this one-room-flat. The girl get a glass of water for Morgan and then wipe off her blood. "You understand English?"
"Yes miss. Not really good, but I can."
"2 pieces of wood, and a long fabric."
"What?"
"I need 2 pieces of wood and a long fabric, to tie. Can you get that for me?"
"I can."
"Also, I need a phone. To call abroad."
"I don't have money for that..."
"How much? For the phone?"
"500.000."
"Dollars?"
"No. Rupiahs."
"God, you almost giving me a hear attack... Anyway, I got a card in my pocket. Should be enough for the phone, and...buy some food for you, clothes, anything. Use it, drain it. I'm not using the card anymore. Oh, and I need you to buy some tools. I'll write down the list."
"Anything else?"
"No. That would be all. Thank you."

While waiting for the girl came back, she looks around that flat and find a framed certificate. A diploma. The girl's name is Laila Thamrin, an accountant. Besides the certificate, she also see a picture of Laila and a little girl, presumably her sister or even daughter. And while looking around, there is a banging on the door, calling out Laila's name. There are 2 or 3 men talking in their native language. But it seems like they tried to break in. Morgan gets up and stand behind the door, with a gun on her hand.

"You better be faster than me." She ambushed them the moment they step inside. Their hands are up in the air, surrendering. "On your knees. Right here." They seem don't understand what she says so she point out the floor in the center of the room and tied them up. "You are all messing with the wrong girl. Asshole." She looks at three of them, wondering who's in charge. Out of three, one of them have a leather jacket, pair of boots and this trying-to-be-tough moustache. She knows this one is in charge. Morgan aim the gun to the head of this man, which resulting in him shouting, "Ampun! Ampun!"
"I don't know what you're saying. I take it as you're begging for your life. Now, let's....."

"Oh my God!" Laila is almost dropping all the stuff from her hand. "What is happening???"
"Hey there. These guys broke in. I had to do this. You mind?"
"Yes! I mean.... I don't know."
"You know these guys?"
"I...do. They're guys from work."
"Okay. Can you tell them you're not gonna go to work again?"
"Wait, what? Why?"
"You're quit. You're working for me now."
"I don't understand....."
"I know you are good with money. I know some friends who will need your assistance." Morgan thinks about sending her to Scorpion. Laila then gives her all she needs to fix her leg and then the brand new phone.

"I know there's still money on that card because you're about to hand it to me. I told you to drain it."
"How do you know?"
"You're a great accountant. Now...do as I say. Call this number I gave you, tell the man that.... Alice sent you. So he need to pick you up at the airport."
"What about you?"
"I got some business to do."