37. Somebody Saves You

9th District, 14.08

"Red."
"Oliver." Red takes off his hat and take a seat in front of him. "Tell me you got the data."
"I can't." His response irritates Oliver. "You said you got it. Then why you're here then?"
"To stop you."
"I need the dossier. Or you're dead Red."
"We'll both dead. It'll end everything. We're not going out of here alive. And the dossier, it's on its way to the right hand."
"Why? Do you really they could bring the whole organization down? You know better, they can't."
"I know. That's not the reason. I got mine."
"Who is it that you're protecting?" Red looks away before looks at him on the eye, "There are things that's better be unknown."
"You really are protecting someone."
"Yeah. And I'll pay for that." He takes the last drink before drawing his weapon towards Oliver, which is already armed as well. "So this is the end Red?"

"No, it doesn't. Put down your gun." Morgan comes in along with Walter, both pointing gun at Oliver. "You too dad. Put it down."
"This isn't your business. You two should stay away from this."
"Yeah Red? You're my damn father. Deal with it."
"He could've just hand me the data, you know. It's simple." Oliver put down his weapon, followed by Red. "I wish it's that simple. But it's not."
"You're protecting someone!" Oliver raises his gun again but then Morgan keep him from shooting.

"Hey! Hey! Enough. I know who is it that he's trying to protect. Let him go."
"Morgan, no. You can't do that..."
"Shut up. I'm trying to save your ass dad! Like it or not, you're stuck with me!" Morgan then turns to Walter, "Get my dad out of here Walt."
"Come on Raymond."
"No, I'm not going anywhere." He insists to stay in that room. "And you can't tell him anything....."
"Yeah? I think I got enough lies around me, don't you think? He's entitled to know."
"Know what?"
"The reason you can't have the dossier because it contains a new identity of someone who's in a protective custody."
"Morgan!" Red is half shouting, trying to stop her from talking.

"Who is it?"
"Your daughter. She's still alive, ironically in the same fashion like what you did to me. Somebody clearly didn't finish their job and decided to took her somewhere."
"Where is she?"
"I can't tell you either. She moved on with her life. Your presence would only ruin it."
"No! Tell me where she is!" He raised his gun to Morgan instead of Red.
"Put it down!" Both Red and Walter are aiming at him. "Calm down dad. I got this."
"We all can both walk out of this. Alive."
"All I need is to be with my daughter and I swear if you're not giving me what I want, someone is sure gonna die!"
"Yes, and that's you." Red got on his feet and shot him, leaving red splatter on Morgan's face.

She can't believe what he just did. "I could've handle the situation."
"No you couldn't. You couldn't reason with him. He's desperate."
"I got monster as a dad." She looks disappointed with him and walk away from him. "You might not like my way, but it's for the best."
"I know. That part scares me because I can see myself turn into you, and for a moment I thought I can prevent this one. God, I was wrong, I'm such a fool to think that you're not gonna kill anyone today."
"Morgan.."
"Don't. I don't wanna hear anything. Walt, take me home." She walks straight out."

"I'll talk to her Raymond. Don't worry."
"No, she's right. I bring this all upon her. I just thought I'm the one who can ended it. I still don't regret what I did today."
"She'll get over it. I'll make sure of that."
"You don't have to try. I'll do what I do best."
"What?"
"Get out of her life. It's the right thing to do."

The Garage, 06.12

"You should call him." Both Walter and Morgan take their dinner without having any conversation. Not since they got back. "Who?"
"Your father." She looks at him, waiting for Walter to say another word. "What he did today, I can't justify it. But yet not all wrong either. It is for the best."
"You know what Walter? I prefer to eat my Gigli silently, if you might." She had such a mixed feelings about the last event. She did really think that she could finished things without death. But it seems Red was thinking otherwise, and it kind of makes sense.

"No, I can't. You made a mistake Morgan."
"What mistake?"
"To ignore your dad. He's the only family that you had, period."
"I have you. That should be enough."
"Morgan, that's not..."
"Don't even try Walt....I just.... he's a bad influence. At least for me. What I want is a life where I could be use for others. And less damage. A life with Scorpion."
"Well, I'm sure we have one empty seat." She looks at him, waiting for confirmation."You're kidding..."
"No. We're really back to business. And maybe a pair of extra hands wouldn't hurt." A chuckle escaped her, "Wow. I thought for a moment that you're gonna kick me back to the CIA."
"I'm not gonna do that...well maybe Happy will....if you're insulting her. But not me." He hold her hands for a moment, he knows she's been through a lot and today she deserves some good things. "They're gonna be thrilled to welcome you, Morgan."
"I'm sure hope they will...and thank you, Walter."
"Anytime."

Baltimore, 07.09

Red is already spend 2 hours sitting in this 24 hours cafe, waiting. "You're sure she's gonna come Raymond?"
"Oh she will. Especially because it's about Alice." He looks at his watch again, she's supposed to be here 20 minutes ago.

"Red." She smiles and then take a seat across his table. "You look good."
"Hello, Lorraine....you look amazing yourself."
"Thanks.....umm.... anyway.... you called. Will you tell me how's Alice doing?"
"She's fine. I just wanna tell you that....I might stay abroad after this. This is a farewell."
"What? For real? What about Alice?"
"She doesn't need me. She got everything around her. Also.... it's for the better if both of us could stay away from her. She wants a normal life, which is impossible with us around."
"So it's not really a farewell huh?" She smiles painfully, "You're here to ask me to stay away from my daughter."
"I am. And I hope you can understand."

She sighed and Red get up from his chair. But then she stop him for one more time, holding his hands for awhile. "Red..." Both of them now on their feet. "I really hope I could be her mother....at least for once. She never consider me as one. It's painful but...I do understand. I'll leave her alone. Goodbye Red."

"Me too Lorraine, me too."