Fitz's Visit Keefe POV

*So this is basically after Sophie and Keefe kiss but before Sophie comes back*

After Sophie, Sandor, and Edaline left, it had been just fun times for Keefe. He got disgusting elixirs poured down his throat by Elwin, Ro taunting him, Alden assuring him there was no reason to worry, Tiergan's persistent questions about his possible new ability, Grady's glares, Fitz tried not to look at him, and awkward looks from Biana, Dex, Linh, and Tam. Great. Thankfully, Elwin shooed them all away, claiming Keefe needed to rest.

Unfortunately, after they left, Elwin cleared his throat and told Keefe, "You have a visitor." He pushed the door to reveal Fitz. 

Oh, great Fitzy came to visit Keefe inwardly groaned. But he forced a smile and said, "Fitz, could you wait a minute? I need to talk to Ro."

Fitz nodded. "Sure man." He went back outside.

Keefe glared at Ro. "I'm telling you now, do not make this any worse than it is going to be."

"Who? Me?" Ro feigned surprise. "I would never!"

"Ro, I'm serious."

"But Pretty Boy's so annoying!"

"Ro! Fitz is my friend! So is Sophie! We're not risking that."

"This is going to be just like Pretty Boy's Daddy," Ro sighed.

Keefe shook his head. "No, this should go better. So?"

"I won't make it worse unless Pretty Boy starts it."

"That's the best I can get out of you?"

"Yep."

Keefe sighed before calling out, "Fitzy, you can come in." 

Fitz walked in and smiled. He acted a lot warmer than Keefe expected. After all, he saw his best friend kissing his ex-girlfriend. But, Keefe did nearly die so maybe that counted for something.

"How have you been?" he asked. 

Keefe shrugged. "If the answer was good, would I be here?"

"Good point. But do you feel good?"

"Isn't that like the exact same question worded differently?"

"Has your head felt clear? Are you able to think clearly?" Fitz continued.

Keefe sighed. "What's with all the questions Fitzy?"

"Nothing," Fitz assured him but looked away at the last second.

"As your Best Dude, I can tell something is off," Keefe reminded him, putting a hand on Fitz's shoulder. "Also, my Empathy tells me that."

"I'm just . . . worried."

Keefe raised an eyebrow. "You say you're worried but why are your emotions different?"

Fitz muttered under his breath, "Empaths."

"Please don't tell me this is about-"

"I asked you are you thinking clearly?"

"Yes! I don't know why you think something is wrong."

"You just kissed my girlfriend! Of course, I think something is wrong!" Fitz snarled.

"Stop right there," Ro jumped in. "Blondie is not your girlfriend. She was your girlfriend. Then you broke up with her because she wouldn't tell you something about her life. Do you see what's wrong here?"

"This is not a joke!" Fitz growled.

Keefe snapped, "We're not making it one! And, yes, I am thinking clearly. I kissed your ex-girlfriend. Get over it."

Fitz warned, "She's not going to be my ex for long."

"Really? Do you actually think that whatever harsh things you said to Foster can be taken back easily? And, trust the Empath, she was pretty hurt after."

"Keefe, I don't think you understand. Sophie loves me. She'll forgive me sooner than a liar."

"Fitz, you are a liar."

Fitz narrowed his eyes. "What did you just say?"

"You've hurt Sophie so many times. You've promised you wouldn't do it again." Keefe's eyes became ice blue slits. "But you still did. And it hurt the worse when you ended it. I'm done letting you hurt the person I love."

"Sophie doesn't love you, Keefe," Fitz practically spat.

"Yes. She. Does," Keefe argued. "Today, she kissed me."

"And Hunkyhair hasn't even started dating her," Ro snorted. "You did date her and you guys kissed a grand total of zero times. Definitely true love, Pretty Boy."

Fitz rolled his eyes. "Is this how it's going to be Keefe?"

"I dunno Fitzipoo, are you going to make it this way?" Keefe replied steadily.

Fitz scowled as he got up. "I thought you were my friend Keefe."

"I am. I thought you were one of mine but it looks like you don't want to be one right now," Keefe shook his head. Fitz walked out, angry.

"See, that conversation was doomed from the start," Ro commented.

"But you still made it worse," Keefe pointed out.

Ro corrected him. "I didn't make it worse. I supported you."

Keefe simply gave her a quizzical look.

"Yes, Hunkyhair, I do care about you."

"Awww, that makes me feel warm and fuzzy on the inside," Keefe pretended to gush. 

Ro rolled her eyes. "Enough emotional talk."

"But we were just getting started! While we're at it, let's discuss the Ballad of Bo and Ro. What do you think we should add to that?"

"Let's go see if doctor dude has more elixirs." Ro threatened.

"Hell no," Keefe shuddered. "I'll be quiet."

"Good elf." Keefe rolled his eyes but thought about what Fitz said. 

Was he really a liar? Did Sophie love him? Was Fitz his friend anymore? 

"Hey," Ro interrupted his thoughts. "That's the 'we're-taking-this-too-seriously' look. Ignore Pretty Boy. Blondie is a lot of things but she's not cruel. She wouldn't kiss you if she's interested in Pretty Boy."

"I hope you're right."

"Hey, I know I'm right." Keefe looked up at her.

"Really?"

"Yes. We ogres have a sixth sense. It is called the Clueless-Boy-And-Oblivious-Girl-Love-Detector," Ro teased. 

"Who're you calling clueless? You and Bo don't realize your feelings for each other!" Keefe smirked as Ro launched into a series of threats, mainly focused on her particularly fun amoebas. 

Maybe Ro was right. Maybe Sophie did like him. Maybe it would be okay.