Lunch

*I couldn't think of a better title :) Back to Sophie's POV*

Sophie sat down and Keefe sat next to her, holding one of her hands. Biana, Tam, Dex, and Linh were there but, unfortunately, Fitz sat down at their table as well. Like that wasn't awkward. Sophie fidgeted with the hem of her tunic while Keefe and Tam insulted each other. Fitz looked coldly at Keefe.

Biana noticed a mark on Sophie's neck and bit back a sly smile. She asked, "Is that a hickey?"

Sophie's face flushed. "Um, no! It's just . . .  er, animal bite."

Tam looked at Keefe and suppressed a laugh. "Hello, animal." Linh elbowed her brother and Dex snickered. Fitz's stare turned cold enough to give Keefe frostbite.

Sophie's face turned even redder. Keefe's air of confidence didn't waver. He just smirked and ran a hand through his hair. "You're just jealous," Keefe told Tam as his eyes drifted over to Biana. Tam turned a shade of red and Linh giggled. 

*I ship Tam and Biana, ofc*

"Isn't it so much fun to make my brother blush?" she asked. 

"Isn't it fun just to annoy Tammy Boy?" Keefe countered. 

Dex nodded. "Keefe has a point. And it's pretty easy once you start talking about -"

"Shut up Dizznee," Tam cleared his throat. 

Linh looked at Biana. "Any thoughts you'd like to add?"

"Linh. Shut. Up," Tam said through gritted teeth.

Keefe smirked. "Aww, you looked so upset. Does Bangs Boy need a hug?"

"From a specific someone," Dex added under his breath. 

Tam glared at Keefe. "Sophie, can you please tell your boyfriend to stop?" Fitz tensed at the b-word.

"Like I'd listen." 

Sophie gave a weary shrug. "If I could, don't you think I would have?" Keefe looked smug.

Tam sighed and Linh ruffled his hair. "Don't worry little brother. We wouldn't accidentally let it slip that you -"

"Linh!"

"I didn't say anything."

Dex grinned. "Your sister has a point."

"Guys, guys, stop," Keefe interrupted.

Tam sighed. "I can't believe that I'm saying this but thank you, Sencen."

"We're ignoring the most important detail. Tam is the younger sibling! I cannot believe this!"

"Yeah, I was born ten minutes before him." Linh sighed wistfully. "Those were the days."

Tam rolled his eyes. "Linh, that was ten minutes."

"Good times."

Dex bit his lip to keep him from laughing and Biana tried very hard not to look at anyone. Keefe put a hand in front of his mouth to muffle his laughter. Even Fitz grinned.

Then Keefe, Biana, Sophie, and Dex made eye contact and they lost it. Tam scowled at them. 

"It's nice to know I have such great friends."

"Of course, Tam," Dex promised and his periwinkle eyes twinkled. Tam again rolled a pair silver-blue of eyes.

"Anyway, Keefe, isn't there something you should tell them?" Sophie asked, changing the subject.

Keefe shrugged. "Um, no. Terrible subject change by the way." 

Sophie shot Keefe a look that said Keefe-Sencen-don't-you-dare-ignore-me-these-are-our-friends-you-better-not-lie-to-them-about-something-this-important. Keefe sighed dramatically.