Confession

*Sorry that it's been so long!!*

Naturally, Sophie didn't take the news well. She blacked out. Once she regained consciousness, she expected to find herself in the Healing Center, as per usual. 

Instead, she groggily opened her eyes and found Mr. Forkle leaning over her, looking worried. 

"Thank goodness!" he exclaimed when her eyelids fluttered open. "I was afraid that what Oralie told you was too much for you to handle."

"After finding out that I was created, have alicorn genes, that I'm older than I thought I was, was made by a secret organization, and that organization planted information in my head, I think I can handle these things," Sophie said more confidently than she felt. She wasn't sure why she was coming off as cold. 

Mr. Forkle overlooked that. "So what did you learn?"

Sophie shook her head. "This involves Keefe. He has the right to hear this too."

"I had a feeling you were going to say that," he sighed. "Mr. Sencen, you may come into the room now."

In response to the puzzled look on Sophie's face, Forkle grinned a little. "I know you better than you think, Miss Foster."

Sophie shrugged and turned her gaze towards the handsome guy with ruffled hair. Her boyfriend.

She found it easier to use that word with Keefe than Fitz. Admittedly, it still sounded and felt a little strange. Perhaps because Keefe actually loved her and loved her more than Fitz had. He was a real boyfriend.

Sophie snapped out of it as Keefe walked towards her and sat down next to her. He pulled his legs up and sat face to face with Sophie, just inches apart, reminding her of when she visited him and he confessed he had always loved her.

Even he looked slightly uneasy at the thought of what she found out.

She suddenly became aware of the blanket on her, the pillow behind her back, their touching knees, Mr. Forkle's intense stare, how fast her heart was beating, and the warm feeling on her face. 

Just thinking of stellarlune made Sophie feel sick and weak all over again. Taking away someone's ability was just awful.

Being the amazing and thoughtful Empath and boyfriend that he was, Keefe held her hand as a silent act of support. The small gesture meant a lot to Sophie and as she studied his ice blue eyes, she decided that no matter how it made her feel, she absolutely had to tell Keefe about stellarlune. It was crucial for him to know what his mother was plotting. 

Taking a deep breath, Sophie explained everything Oralie told her. The worry lines on Mr. Forkle's face deepened and when she had to explain it's worst purpose, she started feeling nauseous. 

Keefe squeezed her hand and Sophie continued. By the end, Mr. Forkle was pale and Keefe looked anxious. 

"No," he whispered. "Impossible." 

Keefe and Sophie exchanged confused looks. 

Keefe prompted, "What?"

"I just . . . made a terrifying realization." He got up. "Keefe hold my hand. We have to leave immediately."

Keefe grasped his hand tightly and continued holding onto Sophie's. Forkle raised a crystal to the light and they leaped away. 

They appeared at an icy prison. Sophie had a sickening feeling that both she and Keefe knew who belonged in here. 

Mr. Forkle broke into a run and they followed suit. He pushed open a door, panting. 

The room was empty except for a vent grate on the floor and a chair. The chair had a small note, folded up. 

Mr. Forkle opened it and swallowed, hard. He stood there quietly for 5 minutes. 

Sophie walked over to him and glanced at the note. It read:

I'm back Forkle

XOXO, 

Evelyn

Keefe broke the silence by asking, "Who's Evelyn?"

It was a while before he got a reply.

Mr. Forkle answered hoarsely, "Project Moonlark 1.0"

*Sorry it's so short but I hope you enjoy it!*