First Class Keefe's POV

Keefe couldn't believe he was saying this but he didn't want history to end. After was his class with Grady. So, naturally, it did. He cringed as the bell and but pretended it was fine. It was bad enough having Sophie worry enough for the two of them about his first class with Grady. 

Keefe recalled yesterday, at lunch, where he was trying to calm his girlfriend down.

"Do I really have to go?" Keefe had muttered. 

Unfortunately, Sophie heard him. She rolled her eyes. "It'll be fine Keefe. Right?" Sophie asked herself that more than Keefe. 

Keefe grabbed her arm to keep her from leaving, and pulling out any eyelashes, and kissed her. "Sophie, calm down. It's not worth worrying over," Keefe assured her.

Ro sighed and shook her head. "Isn't it cute how my little elf boy thinks no one notices he's implying he's not worth it?"

Keefe ignored her. "Seriously. Just relax. I can handle Grady. Go to Telepathy."

"Okay," Sophie reached up to pull out an eyelash but Keefe pushed her hand down. 

"It's fine."

Sophie bit her lip. "If you say so."

After they had left, Ro told him how terrible he was at flirting. 

The ogre princess poking his shoulder brought him back to reality, where he was walking past Grady's classroom. Keefe shook his head, cautiously pushed the door open, and peered inside to find Grady standing inside.

"You're early," he noted. 

Keefe blinked. "Um, okay? Is that bad?"

"I thought you'd end up ditching my class." Grady looked happier at the thought of not having to deal with Keefe. 

"Yeah, well, everyone talked me out of it. And Ro probably would have forced me to come."

"You got that right," Ro nodded. 

Grady sighed and rubbed his temples. "Okay," he began. "Let's get to work. Try making me do something. It's okay if you can't do it."

Keefe nodded and swallowed. He closed his eyes and wondered how he was going to make Grady specifically do something. Keefe felt for Grady's emotions and concentrated on making Grady talk.

After two minutes, Grady said, in a very forced voice, "I . . . love . . . Keefe . . . Sencen . . . he . . . has . . . the . . . best . . . hair . . . I . . . have . . . ever . . . seen." 

Keefe smirked triumphantly. "Aww, thanks Grady!"

Grady glared at him. "I'm very tempted to throw you out of here."

"But you said to do it," Keefe pointed out.

"Still." Grady looked over at Ro. "I wonder if you could Mesmer an ogre."

"Oh yeah, sure." Keefe closed his eyes and his brow furrowed. 

Ro's left arm shakily moved up and her hand formed a fist. It started hitting herself. She nearly yelled at Keefe, "STOP HUNKYHAIR IF YOU'D LIKE TO LIVE!" along with some not so very nice ogre words.

Keefe obviously had a death wish because he taunted, "Why are you hitting yourself?"

"HUNKYHAIR I WILL STRANGLE YOU!" Keefe grinned but winced and stopped. 

Grady looked impressed. "You're overdoing it," he warned. "Have you done this before?"

"Um yeah, when I manifested," Keefe admitted.