CH4. All is Well

🎵And with a tired yawn
You'd tell me that you loved me, I'll be fine
And that's what got me through the day alright🎵

Jihyo's POV

*Yawn* Last night was a blast, customers were happy as I sang a trot for them. I mean I've been doing this for quite sometime and I can't get used to their shouting for encore. Also last night I met a guy, a drunk one to be exact. His emotions were overflowing as he sang that song which I can't resist. That’s why I joined him in singing the Passionate Goodbye and it felt weird, he just moved me.

Flashback

"Unnie, the handsome man is in his 7th..."

"Jinjja?" I looked at him as he talks again to the bottles in front.

"He gave up his sanity, look at him he's now talking to the bottles," Jeongyeon shook her head in disappointment.

I left Jeong and Tzuyu to ask Aunt Sunmi, "Imo, the man is in his 7th bottle, shall we stop giving him drinks and kick him out our stall?"

"Let him"

"But Imo-"

"He needs it dear..." She continues to cut the vegetables "You're still young, Jihyo and you might not know how hard life is for some people." I just stared at her, "Sometimes we do the wrong things because it's not what we want to, sometimes it is bound to happen one way or another"

"And then we failed… And then we separate ourselves to the rest of the world"

Imo looked at me and smiled, "Is this still about the guy outside or we're talking about, Dan?"

I blushed just thinking about the name "S-shiro!"

She chuckled, "Get out, let him drink and get wasted. Let me know if it's his 12th. I'll give that man a proper beating"

"Nae"

I returned and I noticed a girl who's silently crying in the corner, like that man she's talking to the cans of beer while munching her mandu "Yah chingu! Why won't you talk to me?" Then she crumpled the can which leaves me in fear, omo her grip is no joke.

Tzuyu walked past me and shook her, "She's drunk again"

"You know her?"

"Welll she's been our customer since last week. She's a foreigner, and she's scary"

"Daebak, Yoda-ya!"

Tzuyu's observation skills are really great, sometimes she's talking to us about the customers we had today. This kid is really amusing and I am happy we are legally sisters.

When the man reached his 12th bottle, "--Ahjumma, soju please! Puweeeeaseee!"

"Yah it's your 12th bottle, stop now!" Auntie smacked his head.

The guy seemed to be pissed "Ahjumma!!! Yah ahjumma… ddid you just... hit me?" 

This smells trouble but we were shocked as he knelt and ask for more."Ahjumma, again please! Ahjumma... jebal... hit me jebal"

He looks really wasted, he's crying and he'd like someone to hit him. Oh no, this day can't get any better, now the crazy girl in the corner is squinting her eyes towards the guy

"Yah, you piece of trash! You noisy faggot! You want me to hit you?"

"Yy-es please hit me, ahjumma! I beg y-you"

The girl clenched her fist as she approached the guy, she did a weird fighting pose and yelled something about the wings of penguins.

She swung a powerful left but the drunk man stumbled right before her fist meets his face. The drunk lady lost her balance and fall on top of the drunk man. The customers laughed at them as they look like a drunk couple.

"Auntie, help!" Tzuyu, ran back to the Aunt Sunmi and yelled

"Aigoo these kids! Jeongyeon, Jihyo! Get these rats out of my place!" Auntie gave an apologetic bow to our customers.

Jeongyeon and I came quickly to help the drunkards "Nae, imo"

"Jeong, let's get their phones and contact their families"

"You got it. Hey, Yoda can you clean the tables? I’ll help you as soon as we’re done calling" Tzuyu nodded and went back to clean the tables.

Jihyo's POV

"Annyeong, this is Jihyo! The owner of this phone is here at Myeongdong at our food stall."

(Thank you so much! We'll come now Jihyo-ssi)

I placed his phone back to his jacket but I am shocked when he put his arms around me. So tight, and my heart starts racing.

"Yah, ahjussi... ahjussi?"

"Wae?! wae?!" I felt my shoulder is already wet and when I checked him, I witnessed a man with a broken heart.

"Ahjussi, please don't cry. your friends will now fetch you. You can cry with them or with your family" I tapped his head, "Friends and family heals the deepest wounds. Believe me." So I let the man rest on my shoulder

I saw Jeongyeon and Tzuyu smiled at me as they know I've been broken and was fixed by my lovely 'family'.

It only took 20mins for his family to find our stall and when they parked their car, a girl ran right away and approached us.

Her eyes were very sad and I know she pity the guy so much, she caressed his forehead, "Y/N Oppa, what's the problem?" She wiped her tears "Omo, where are my manners, thank you for taking care of my brother. I am Shin Ryujin. Gomawoyo, Jihyo-ssi" She's very polite.

A man approached and carry the guy who's resting on my shoulders, "Jihyo-ssi, right?" I nodded "Thank you for taking care of my Y/N boy," he left and Ryujin with her mom, stayed with me.

They bowed once more to me, this family is really well mannered, they really looked rich so I am confused. Most of the time, people with such status are intimidating and mean but they were the opposite. I am now curious of this Y/N guy, he seems to be a good brother and son.

Lastly, Y/N's mother offered a thick envelope and I know it contains money, Auntie immediately held her hands, "You don't need to do this madam"

"Shin Eunsook, please call me Eunsook"

"I am Sunmi, Eunsook-ssi, I am the guardian of these brats and owner of this small stall. I make enough money by feeding and taking care of the people under my stall. This is my job, so please don't reward us for doing our responsibilities."

We smiled at aunt Sunmi, she has this very big pride on her craft so bribing or rewarding won't work for her. But Y/N's mom is hard-headed too, she makes an offer we can't refuse.

"I rarely see this kind of mindset nowadays, I'd like to invite you this weekend, here's our address. Please help me prepare a little feast for you for taking care of our dearest Y/N"

"I can't refuse if it's food Eunsook-ssi but I am picky if you're gonna offer me wine" she smirked

"You choose between Malbec or Sangiovese"

"Then I guess, we'll bring meat and beef for grilled and barbecue weekends, what do you think?" 

"Oh then it's settled" she smiled at us.

Damn, I can't even follow their conversation here, auntie is really amazing.

They chortled, "Anyways, I'll see you on Saturday, thank you once again, Sunmi-ssi and kids"

Wow, we just got an invitation from one of our customers. Unusual right? But who cares? As long as I'll see Y/N it's fine. This was my thought as I kept waving at Ryujin and her parents.

"That guy, voice - check, visuals - check, family background - check." Tzuyu can't stop smiling while the car is disappearing from our view.

"I don’t know him but he looks kind and loving son"

"Jihyo-ah! Do you have a fever, why your cheeks and ears are all red?" Aunt Sunmi yelled and smirked.

Thanks to auntie, Jeongyeon and Tzuyu are teasing me now. He's Y/N, I heard his name multiple times tonight and I am curious about him. I think we should meet again.

End of Flashback