CH18. Breakthrough

🎵Think I've cried more than I had imagined
If this is real take me back to the start then🎵

Jihyo's POV

It was the last performance of the night and I majorly missed their performances. I'm not sure why the crowd is requesting my boyfriend to sing a song but I think he'll do it. His eyes were focused on me as if he's saying something. Then he gave that eye smile to the crowd, sat on the chair and tailored the height of the microphone.

The customers were stunned as he played it, "Wow, is he really good at everything?"

"Have you seen his video, singing drunk? I thought it was just because he's drunk but if he pull this up then he's really a talented one."

"Visuals check, Talent check, Wealth check. I won't mention sex appeal since he's the embodiment of sex appeal"

"Ya, stop dreaming he's dating someone already"

Then I answered them on my thoughts, yep that's me, he's dating the one and only me.

"Really? Maybe he prefers rich woman"

"I know right, I mean he's the VP of their own company why would he look for someone below his level."

Then they mentioned names, "I heard he's business partners with Lee Jieun of Blueming Industries, she's a perfect match. She's acquainted also to Suzy"

"Wait the actress Suzy? Wow! But you know, I just heard that managernim and VP oppa are exes"

Mumbling and whispering continued then the remarks hit me, wait what's wrong being an average person in love with a rich guy? Is every average girl falling for a rich guy, a golddigger? What's with fucked up logic? They are all business partners and I'm his girlfriend, I know Y/N is not what they think he is, I know him that's why I love him.

"Ready?" He smiled again as he started pressing those delicate keys. "This song is dedicated to all of you especially to those who are inlove. Inlove but hurting..."

His words are different and it left a pang in my heart. I was so tense and the piano, giving off a lonely vibe doesn't help at all.

"Inlove but sacrificing... suffering..."

"It's time to realize, to wake up... please sing with me if you know Epiphany"

cham isanghae
(It's so strange)
bunmyeong na neoreul neomu saranghaetneunde
(I definitely love you so much)
mwodeun neoege matchugo
(I wanted to adjust everything to you)
neol wihae salgo shipeotneunde.
(And live for you too)

geureolsurok nae mamsoge
(But the more I did that)
pokpungeul gamdanghal su eopge dwae
(I couldn't handle the storm in my heart)
utgo itneun gamyeon soge
(Underneath the smiling mask)
jinjja nae moseubeul da deureonae
(My true self is coming out)

I'm shaking right now clenching my fist as I finally grasped, he's dedicating this song for himself. A song suited for a man who give love but nothing else returns. The man who can make every woman happy but nothing can make him happy because he's neglected, forgotten and taken for granted.

I'm the one I should love in this world...
bitnaneun nareul sojunghan nae yeonghoneul
(Me, who shines, my precious soul)
ijeya kkaedara so I love me
(Now I finally realize, so I love me)
jom bujokhaedo neomu areumdaun geol
(Though I may lack some things, I'm so beautiful)
I'm the one I should love
heundeulligo duryeowodo apeuro georeoga
(I'm shaking and afraid but I keep going forward)
pokpung soge sumgyeodwotdeon jinjja neowa manna
(I'm meeting the real you, hidden in the storm)