CH17. Harrowing

🎵I~~ I~~
Keep trying to forget, but you were beautiful🎵

Timeskip - 30 minutes before the event

Y/N's POV

"Hey Y/N, are you ok?"

"I really don't know Momo, Jihyo was mad at me I don't know why."

Jeongyeon patted my shoulder, "take it easy, Y/N maybe it's her first day."

Oh why so stupid, I didn't even think about that. "That might be the case, thanks Jeong!" I stood and get my keys, "Hey Mina, Chaeng! You're just in time, can you please watch over the counter. I'll go to Namsan Tower first"

"What for oppa?"

"I'll fetch Jihyo"

"She's in the mall, oppa. We saw her with her cousin, Jin"

"Jin? Who's that?" Jeongyeon was not sure who's this Jin are they talking about. She looked at Tzuyu, "you know him, Yoda?"

She shook her head, "I don't remember auntie has ever mentioned a 'Jin' to us. Maybe, a relative from Busan?"

"That's weird, Jihyo unnie said Jin is her cousin from Gwangju" Mina added.

I was just listening to them and I don't like this feeling, I faked a smile on my face, "thanks for letting me know, I'll check her on the mall she might be able to shed some light about this." 

Then suddenly we heard a voice from the stage "Good afternoon everyone. Thank you for coming to Ms. Kkaengi's Café's 5th anniversary. I am Im Nayeon, the co-owner of the cafe and I'd like to dedicate this program to you our dear customers, friends and families. Before I forget, I have with me is my sister, Im Dahyun and she'll be playing the piano for us." They clapped at them, ok they're starting now.

I was about to get out when Nayeon called me, "Also, I'd like to hear a few words from my business partner, let's all welcome, Shin Corps' Vice President, Shin Y/N. Can we welcome him with a round of applause?"

The crowd complied and they were cheering for me. Ryujin ushered me towards the stage and the gang was making funny noises. I guess, the issues with Jihyo should wait, I mean we are already starting and I can't disappoint them.

I grabbed the microphone, "Thanks Ms. Im for your wonderful introduction but today I'm no-VP. I am one of Ms. Kkaengi's crew and I'm here to serve our customers with our best mixes. I also would like to thank my family, friends and the crew who's working on this event. Please enjoy the rest of the program because our 2 performers here will fill out your evening with good music. Thank you! Happy 5th Anniversary Ms. Kkaengi's Café!"

Jeongyeon's POV

The program was indeed filled with fun but there was a missing piece. Who? Well take a look at Y/N's face I'll bet you'll find out who's not here. "Babe, can you watch over the cashier, I'll call Jihyo." Momo nodded while I immediately dialled her number.

Luckily, she picked it up

(Hey?)

"Where are you?"

(Traveling)

"Location?"

(Why?)

"Who's with you?"

(Friend - Irene)

"Are you on period?"

(No why would I be on period? What's with the questions, sis?)

"Jihyo, I don't know if I'm worried or angry. I overheard everything, and you shooed Y/N when he offered to fetched you. Then suddenly you're mad at him for no reason! You said you're at Namsan Tower but Chaeng and Mina, saw you on a mall with a guy, apparently a non-existing cousin from Gwangju."