CH6. Drifting Memories

🎵I~~ I~~
Keep trying to forget how you were
Beautiful🎵

Y/N's POV

Mom welcomed us with open arms and she was delighted seeing Jihyo, "Mom, good morning, I'd like you to-"

"Jihyo-ssi, I am happy to see you here in our humble abode" my mom hugged her and Jihyo responded positively.

"Mrs. Shin, your dining area is twice larger than Imo's food stall," she chuckled "Annyeong, Ryujinah, Annyeong Mr. Shin"

I am really confused about what's happening, "Ok, I am really in need of your explanation here."

Ryujin clinged to Jihyo and led her to the seat beside her, "Please help yourself, unnie. Mom is really great when it comes to breakfast."

"Did you guys just ignored me?"

I sat beside mom and she smiled at her, "Jihyo, let's drop the honorifics ok? You took care of my Y/N so you are my family too. Please call me eomma or mom"

I coughed my juice upon hearing my mom, "Mom? Aren't you being impolite? Jihyo-ssi please forgive us for being rude"

I saw pink tint on Jihyo's cheeks I know she's really shy with their comments.  "Jihyo unnie, do you have a boyfriend?" 

Jihyo shook her head, oh that's a relief, "Ryujin, stop asking inappropriate questions, right Dad?"

This is insane, I averted my eyes to my father. Oh no, he covered his face with the newspaper this means he's not entirely against the idea. "See even Dad approves. You know, unnie my brother here is single."

Jihyo nodded, "Yeah, I kinda figured that out yesterday. He's crying and people want to help him"

"I'm sorry Jihyo-ssi"

Ryujin smirked, "Well unnie, you can help oppa"

Jihyo almost turned into a tomato when she realized what my sister meant by helping me, "Aish, Shin Ryujin. You better stop teasing Jihyo-ssi"

"I don't oppose the idea though," my mother smiled brightly to her. We enjoyed the breakfast with Jihyo, well she's funny, loud and she managed to put a smile on Ryujin and Mom. 

Suddenly Ryujin's smiles were erased as she answered her phone. "Yeah ajhussi..." she looked at mom "Mom, it's time to reveal the truth..."

As soon as we finished our breakfast Mom and Ryujin, drag us out and we promised Jihyo to drop her to Myeongdong.

"To Jung's residence please" Ryujin commanded the driver.

I was sitting next to Jihyo and she looks nervous because of this 'truth'. "Mom, can we stop first to Myeongdong and drop Jihyo-ssi to their food stall?”

She smiled and spoke, "No Y/N, I can manage my way back to the food stall. I can take the bus on the nearest stop"

Ryujin held Jihyo's arm and she said, "Unnie can you stay a little more. Please accompany us, we need your help unnie"

Even though she didn't know what's happening, Jihyo responded positively, "No problem Ryujin, I’ll be with you if you need me."
Why would we need Jihyo this time? This is very unusual for mom and my sister so I let them decide for now.

When we arrived at Jinyoung's house, Ryujin entered the lock code and unlocked the door. When Jihyo and I were entering the door, I heard a voice, it seems Mom and Ryujin, encountered Jinyoung or someone else. I stopped and listened to them first.

"U-Unnie?" my sister stuttered

"Ryujin... please let me explain..."

That familiar voice, wait this is Nayeon's voice. Why is she here? I know we are not together but why are you here? Are you excited to date another man? Are you and Jinyoung a thing? I held my chest it felt heavy and I wanna scream but I can't. Why does it feel hell even if I knew it already? It felt as if I'm going to pass out, and then I just fall into a soft skin. I screamed inside my head and cried hard, Jihyo's shoulders are already wet of my tears. I would have fallen on the cold floor if she wasn't there. Now, I understand why Ryujin said we need her, why my Mom won't drop Jihyo in Myeongdong first.