Truth Thirty Eight; Blinded by jealousy

3 Days Later

Hoseok's leg bounced impatiently as he looked around the cafe, a lump forming in his throat and his palms becoming clammy when he heard the familiar jingle of the bell connected to the door. Though he relaxed when he noticed it wasn't the person he was expecting.

He was contemplating whether he should completely abandon this plan of his, his thoughts that originally told him this was a bad idea coming back to yell at him. Though he knew that he needed to do this, not only for his and Yoongi's relationship, but also to give the female he was about to speak to closure.

Before Hoseok could succumb to his thoughts and run out of the cafe, he heard the bell chime, Shin Suran walking into the cafe and turning to stare at Hoseok with an equally nervous expression.

The lump that formed in Hoseok's throat threatened to choke him. Though he closed his eyes, taking a deep breath before showing a soft smile. Suran slowly made her way to the table Hoseok was seated at, the female playing with the hem of her shirt out of nervousness.

She doesn't know why Hoseok asked to meet with her in person, or why she even agreed to it. After the threat Yoongi gave her, she hasn't faced the elder and definitely didn't want to face his boyfriend. Though, something told her to agree, something made her come and she wanted to know what.

"So," Suran began, clearing her throat, "why did you want to meet?"

Hoseok nodded, taking a sip of his coffee before asking, "What's the real reason you wanted Yoongi to keep Seokyoon away from me?" he watched as Suran's eyes widened, the female about to say something, but Hoseok re-worded his question, "Why do you want to keep Yoongi away from me?"

Suran clenched her jaw, the female getting ready to walk out of the cafe, "I did not come here to be interrogated for something that happened weeks ago, something that has to do with Yoongi and I, not you-"

"But you still came," Hoseok interrupted her, the male surprisingly keeping his composure, "Suran, I think I may know why you've been acting so off lately. I bet this isn't how you normally are, Yoongi wouldn't have been around you for so long if that was the case."

The female looks down at her feet, her jaw unclenching as she calmed herself down. Hoseok's right, this isn't how she normally acts, and she knows deep down what the root of her new behavior is; she just has never admitted it out loud since she's afraid of what she knows is the truth.

"You have feelings for Yoongi," Hoseok states softly, watching as Suran bites her bottom lip, "and you don't want to admit. You used Seokyoon as an excuse to keep Yoongi away from me, because you want him near you and always available in a sort of way. If he never has a lover, you would never have to worry about the potential of you two getting together being compromised. So, when I came back into the picture you felt threatened, jealous, because you saw how happy Yoongi is and such, you felt threatened so you went into survival mode. Even if that meant hurting Yoongi in the process," Hoseok explains, no cuts forming on his body, which gave him more confidence in his words.

Suran had her head in her hands, the female listening to Hoseok while taking deep breaths to keep herself from crying. It was true, his words are true and she knows they are. She hates that she let her jealousy blind her, blind her so much she was about to sacrifice her relationship with her sons' father. It's not fair, especially towards Seokyoon, her life, her everything.

"I'm s-so sorry, Hoseok," she apologizes, tears finally slipping out of her eyes as she apologizes over and over again. She knows what she did isn't okay, and she doesn't expect to be forgiven easily because of it, but she hopes to deal with her feelings for Yoongi head on and stop locking them away.

She's determined to be better, not only for herself, but for her son.

<><><>

Jungkook groans when he hears someone knocking on his apartment door, the younger male shuffling over with no excitement.

He had to admit, he was saddened by the fact Namjoon didn't make it to the wedding, but he also knows that the man is busy and runs a company; so he isn't angry with him and he shouldn't be sad. But even if his thoughts tell him not to feel upset, his emotions scream something else.

The young male cried the moment he got back to his home.

As of now, he's packing his things, now getting ready to leave for the states. He's nervous, sure, but also exicted that he'll be meeting and working with new, amazing, people, but his packing was cut short by someone knocking on his door.

Somewhere deep down, Jungkook hoped it was Namjoon. The elder male there to sweep him off his feet and kiss him hello, for the two to reunite and for Jungkook to leave knowing that he and Namjoon are okay.

But that wasn't his reality.

Opening the door he saw the newly wedded couple, the two wearing soft smiles on their faces as they looked at the boy they love with all their heart, platonically of course, "Hi, Jungkookie."

Jungkook forced a smile, "Hi, Hyung's! How are you?"

Taehyung smirked, handing Jungkook a small package, "We're not staying, we just came to drop this off. It's addressed to you, it was apart of our wedding gift." Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows, the package was addressed to him from Paris, France.

Jimin couldn't stop the squeal that escaped his lips, the male ruining the surprise but easing Jungkook's nerves, "It's from Namjoon!" he shouted, Taehyung pinching him to calm his husband down, "it was apart of his wedding gift to us, we would have gotten it to you sooner but we've been kind of busy-"

"We'll leave you to it, bye Jungkookie! We love you!" Taehyung interrupted his blabbering husband, who pouted as Taehyung pulled him away.

Jungkook laughed at the two, shutting the door once he knew they were gone. With a fast beating heart he ripped open the package, which opened to reveal an envelope and a necklace that had 'JJK' with a heart on it.

The younger male smiled at the piece of jewelry, though he quickly put it down and turned his attention to the letter.

Dear Jungkookie,
I'm really sorry that I couldn't make it to the wedding, and that I left before we could patch things up between us. I'm writing this in the middle of a meeting since my secretary needs to ship it off today so it can make it to you on time, so i'm sorry if it's rushed. Simply, I want to say i'm sorry for the petty argument and I understand that this is a once in a life time opportunity for you. I love you so much, here is my work # since I forgot my personal phone in Seoul. Hope to hear from you soon.

Love,
NamJoon
###-####-###

Jungkook audibly squealed, the male dropping the letter and grabbing his phone. He quickly dialed the number, praying to every god above that Namjoon would answer. The younger male wanted to hear his lovers voice.

And that he did, after a couple more rings the line connected.

"Hi, baby."