Truth Forty One; Grateful

"No."

The word escaped Hoseok's mouth before he could stop it, though he wouldn't have even if he could. Like hell was he going to let another family take Sana. Honestly, he had completely forgotten that he was only Sana's guardian until a family wanted to adopt her, he forgot that he wasn't Sana's legal parent.

Seoyun blinked a couple times before speaking, the female trying to keep her expression unwavering, "Sir, this family has picked Sana to meet and potentially adopt. You cannot just say no-"

"I can and I will," Hoseok interrupted her, Sana listening to the whole conversation and playing with a loose strand of her hair.

She didn't want to leave.

By now Yoongi was already walking over to where Hoseok was, the elder male listening to the conversation the two were having as he did.

"What do I have to do for that family to not adopt her?" Hoseok asks Seoyun, who was tapping her foot impatiently on the ground.

"You would have to become her adoptive parent-"

"Done," Hoseok proclaims, glaring at the woman in front of him, "i'll become her adoptive parent-"

"We both will," Yoongi speaks up, now standing right next to Hoseok, no cut appearing since he is telling the truth, "we'll both become Sana's adoptive parents."

Seoyun rubs her hand along her face, they were so stubborn it pained her. All she's trying to do is her job and these two are making it incredibly difficult, "Well, Sana-"

Said female runs over to where they are, she squeezes herself between Yoongi and Hoseok and announces, "I want to stay with them!"

Seoyun audibly sighs, she composes herself before talking again, "Fine, but you two," she points at Hoseok and Yoongi, "have a long process to go through before she's officially your adoptive child."

"And we'll go through it," Hoseok tells the woman, he hugs Sana close to him, his point proven when no cut appeared on his body, "I want her to be my daughter legally, not just in my heart."

Sana looks at Hoseok after he says this, tears welling up in her blue eyes. He's never called her his daughter out loud, and hearing it come out of his mouth made her emotional. Though, she keeps her tears in and stands tall next to Yoongi and Hoseok.

Seoyun soon enough leaves, the female saying she'll be in contact with them soon. Hoseok and Yoongi are well aware that it'll be a long, expensive, process when it comes to adopting Sana; though they are more than willing to go through it. They, especially Hoseok, don't want Sana ending up with a bad family and would much rather have her close to them.

Once she's gone, Sana hugs Hoseok and Yoongi close to her, the female saying 'thank you' over and over again until Hoseok and Yoongi tell her to stop because she doesn't need to thank them.

She's more than grateful for the both of them.

<><><>

"How are you adjusting, Jungkook?" Brian, a new friend of Jungkook's, asks.

Jungkook smiles, the two are walking on the beach. Los Angeles is a gorgeous place, Jungkook concluded, but the beauty of the area didn't stop him from missing home. Brain is one of the only other South Koreans Jungkook has met, and thankfully the two are in the same program. His real name is YoungHyun but he prefers to be called Brian.

"Better, i'm a little less homesick," Jungkook responds with a breathy laugh, it's been 2 months, it's now January, and the weather in LA is still nice enough to walk around the beach in shorts. Though many people weren't there, which is something Jungkook is thankful for.

Brian nodded, "It gets better, plus, we get to visit home during vacations!" the male attempts to cheer Jungkook up, which ultimately works in the end since Jungkook allows one of his bunny smiles to take over his features.

Suddenly, Jungkook's phone started ringing, the familiar sound of Namjoons ring tone resonating around him. With a small smile, Jungkook picks up, "Hey, Joonie!"

"Hi, baby," he hears the elder greet on the other line, a blush dusting Jungkook's cheeks. No matter how long he and Namjoon have been together he still blushes when the elder calls him baby, "Can I just say you look adorable in those blue shorts, and are those my sunglasses?"

Jungkook could feel his heart stop within his chest before it started picking up speed once again. He looks over at Brian, who has a smirk on his face. Jungkook quickly realized he was apart of this.

He quickly looks around, trying to find the familiar giant he calls his boyfriend. "W-where are you?" Jungkook asks, his voice shaky because of how excited he is. Namjoon has to be somewhere close to him to know what he's wearing and that he does infact have the elders sunglasses on.

"I don't know, you tell me," he hears Namjoon say on the other line, which annoys the younger male slightly, "you look like a flailing  duckling."

"Shut up!" Jungkook whines, his eyes scanning over the beach and the people inhabiting it. Then he realizes, maybe Namjoon isn't on the beach like he is.

His gaze shifts to the area before you reach the sand of the beach, where there are multiple vendors and such. "There you go," he hears Namjoon say before his eyes fall on a tall male with chocolate brown hair wearing a shirt with green, beige, and gold cats on it, he was also wearing some denim jeans with black sunglasses.

Yup, that was definitely Namjoon.

Without a seconds hesitation Jungkook starts sprinting towards the elder male, who is already prepared to catch him. Jungkook almost knocks both of them towards the ground, tears welling up in his eyes as he hugged Namjoon as tight as possible, "Y-you're real!"

"I'd hope so," Namjoon says into his ear, Jungkook missed hearing his deep voice in person and not just over the phone.

Namjoon's caresses Jungkook's cheek, he leans into the younger male, who meets him halfway. The elders hands rest on his waist as they kiss, a long awaited kiss that the both of them have craved for what feels like forever. Jungkook couldn't be more happy.

"I missed you so much," Namjoon confesses when they pull away, his forehead leaning on Jungkook's.

Jungkook smiles, pecking Namjoon's lips again before responding, "I missed you too."

a/n