Chapter Six

My "date" with Matt went well. He asked me out again for Saturday night after Carter leaves, I happily said I would go. It was Thursday, so I has time to prepare for it.

When I got to the studio today, I went to see if Maddie and Tae were there. Tae was, but Maddie wasnt yet.

"Hey, you" Tae says. I sit down beside her in the lounge.

"I did a thing" I say. She looks at me with a smirk.

"Yesssss?" She asks.

"I...kind of had a date with Matt yesterday and I have a date with him Saturday night" I answer. Her face lit up.

"Ooh, girl" She says. "Looks like you do like Matt". I smile at the sound of his name.

"I think I do. He's so sweet and funny" I say.

"Well, I'm happy you found that" She says. I couldn't help but still think about how he and Naomi had a History.

"He's great, but did you know he dated Naomi?" I ask. She looks at me and raises an eyebrow.

"Uh, Naomi Cooke?" She asks. I nod.

"They have the same exact story that Morgan and I do. How freaking insane is that?" I ask.

"I don't know if that's funny or just weird" She says. I nod in agreeance.

"I feel kind of weird if I date Naomi's ex boyfriend. I mean, I couldn't do that to her" I say. She looks at me and purses her lips. I knew she had something to say about that. "What?".

"You'd feel bad for dating Naomi's ex, but not about taking Morgan from Hannah?" She asks. I didn't know how to feel about that. Mostly because...she was right.

"I don't...want Morgan" I say. She scoffs.

"Oh, Cal. I love you, but you're a terrible liar" She says before exiting the room and leaving me alone. I hated that the girls always had one up on me. I was kind of starting to think that I was a stupid girl blinded by a dumb boy, but honeslty...in this day and age, who isn't?

***
I walked into the writers room only to find Morgan with his feet propped up on the table with his guitar in hand.

"So, Cal. I heard through a little birdie that you're dating Matt Ramsey" He says.

"And I heard you're dating Hannah, so that doesn't allow you to comment on my relationships" I say.

Oh, come on now" He says. I sit down.

"Why do you even care?" I ask. He sits up to face me.

"Because, it's Matt. Mr. Handsome" He says.

"Yeah, I'm sure that's what it is" I say.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He asks. I shake my head.

"You know what, how about you and I make a deal to never talk to each other about our personal lives again" I say.

"You know I'm a stubborn redneck and ain't gonna listen" He says.

"Well, learn too, because I'm not talking to you about Matt anymore" I say. "And I quite frankly don't want to hear anything about Hannah".

"Jealous, are you?" He asks with a smirk. I roll my eyes.

"No, I kind of feel sorry for the girl. She doesn't know what a dick you are" I say. He laughs.

"All I have to say about that is...one of these days, we're both going to to be apologizing to that girl for something stupid" He says. I didn't even pay attention to what be was saying. I just wanted to get on with our session.

Morgan and I were almost done with our session, when he decided to start back up with the Matt situation.

"I bet all his songs are about you now. He's so lovey dovey with you" He says trying to get under my skin.

"Shut up. Is it so impossible to think that another person may have feelings for me?" I ask.

"No, I-I didn't say that" He says. His face turned soft.

"Well, that's how you make me feel" I say.

"It's impossible to think about you being with someone else" He says. That took me by surprise. "I mean, fourteen to eighteen it was you and me. I just can't imagine you with someone else".

"How do you think I felt when Maddie told me you were dating Hannah?" I ask.

"I didn't think about it until I heard about you and Matt" He says. "I hate to think of you with anyone else, and I know that's so unfair of me to say, and I'm sorry, but I can't help it, Cal". I almost wanted to cry hearing that.

"That's the past, Morgan. We were two Tennessee kids back then, and now we're adults. I'm seeing an amazing guy, and you're with a great girl. We grew up" I say. I understood where he was coming from though, because right now, I wanted nothing more than to go back to being those two Tennessee kids.

"Time might have passed, but you and I are never going to stop l-".

"Please don't finish that sentence. I can't deal with knowing that" I say.

"Can't deal with it, or you can't admit it?" He asks. I look him in the eyes.

"I can't admit it" I say quietly. He stands up and leans down towards me.

"With time, Cal" He says. He kisses my cheek before leaving the room. My heart was pounding out of my chest. I felt just like that fourteen year old girl that he kissed for the first time at the New Years dance.

I pulled myself together enough to finally leave the writers room. On my way out, I ran into Maddie talking to Hannah. Fuck.

"Cal! We heard about you and Matt!" Hannah says in a singsong voice. I faked a smile.

"Tell us about the date" Maddie says.

"Uh, I-I can't. I need...I need to go" I say. They obviously could tell something was wrong.

"Are you okay?" Hannah asks. "Did Matt try-".

"No! No, Matt's fine. I just need to get away from this place" I say.

"Call me when you get home" Maddie says. I nod before walking away from the two of them. I got in my car and slammed my head against the steering wheel. I tried turning on the radio to listen to something to distract myself on the ride home, but the only song that played was 'I Cross My Heart' by George Strait. That, to me, was a signed because that was mine and Morgan's song. I really just wanted to go home and forget everything now.