Chapter Seven

I had called Maddie and let her know what happened with Morgan. We talked for a while and actually decided that she and Tae were coming over to meet Carter. Carter was on her way, but it was a four hour drive. She was leaving Kennedy at home with the babysitter. Who whose actually just a close friends daughter, but still. We were going to order pizza when she got here, but before then, the girls and I just sat and talked about Morgan.

"So, he basically just admitted to still loving you?" Tae asks. I nod. She stayed quiet.

"I mean, you guys have a past, so I can see why" Maddie adds.

"I just feel bad about it, because first off, he's dating Hannah and I just met Matt. Secondly, who is to say it would even work out again? Lastly, it's just all so crazy" I say.

"Well, as far as Hannah and Matt go...don't tell them until you both know how you feel" Maddie says.

"Okay, I think we all know how they both feel. Cal just isn't going to admit it" Tae says. I hated that they could read me so easily.

"I can admit that I'm always going to love Morgan" I say. They both give me a specific look. "I....I can't say that I'm...in love with him".

"You don't have too. A blind man could see that you two still love each other" Maddie says. She wasn't wrong.

"Morgan loves you and you love him. We know it" Tae says. All I did was nod my head. They both just looked at me until there was a knock at the door. I went to the door thinking it was Carter, but when I opened it up...Hannah and Naomi stood there.

"Oh, hey guys" I say.

"Hey, do you guys want to hit the bars tonight? Jenn is flying to LA, and we're bored" Naomi asks.

"Uh, my sister is coming in for a couple days. She's going to be here soon" I explain.

"Oh" They say together.

"Wait! Why don't you guys hang out with us?" I ask. They lit up.

"Really?" Hannah asks.

"Yeah, of course. We're ordering pizza and hanging out. Plus, my sister would love to meet you all" I say. They agree and come in. Maddie and Tae knew better than to say anything about Morgan infront of Hannah. I quickly texted Carter and said she wasn't allowed to say anything to him tonight. She replied back saying she wouldn't and that she would be here in ten minutes.

The girls and I sat and talked about music and writing until there was another knock st the door. I went to answer. As soon and I opened the door, Carter and I lept into each other's arms.

"Sis, it's not even been a week" She says.

"I know, but I missed you" I say. She laughs.

"I don't even care, because I missed you too" She says still squeezing me. We finally pulled away.

"Come on, you've gotta meet the girls" I say. We walked over to the living room. I thought Carter was going to die when she saw all of them sitting down. "Y'all, this is my older sister, Carter. Carter, this is Maddie, Tae, Hannah, and Naomi".

"Oh, my gosh, you weren't kidding" Carter says. The girls laughed.

"No, we love Callan" Maddie says.

"We do. We're glad she's with us" Hannah adds in. We had all sat back down.

"She's okay, I guess" Carter says. They all laugh.

***

Hours had passed. We had ordered pizza and eaten and watched movies, we made the mistake of watching a romance because then Carter brought up Matt.

"Tell me about this Matt guy" She says. I roll my eyes.

"Can't we just go a day with no boy talk?" I ask.

"Actually, I'm kind if curious to know how Matt is with you too" Naomi adds. "Because, he was a dick to me".

"He's really sweet and charming. We're going out saturday, but that's really all there is to tell" I say.

"He's really a sweet guy. Don't listen to Naomi. She drove him away" Hannah says. She was obviously joking.

"I think they could work out" Tae says. "Most true love happens unexpectedly. That's how I met Josh". Josh was her boyfriend. They'd been dating for quite sometime, along with Maddie and her boyfriend, Jonah. They had been together since they were fifteen.

"Everything seems to be unexpected in my life" I say. I didn't mean Matt though. I meant seeing Morgan again.

"It's what happened to Morgan and I too" Hannah says. He was the last person I wanted to talk about. "We met at a bar. He was singing and I was falling with every word that he said". Literally no one knew how to respond to that, because Maddie, Tae, Naomi, and Carter all knew about Morgan and I. And now, Maddie and Tae both knew he and I still loved each other.

"He's...He's lucky to have you" I manage to say.

"You're invited to the wedding" She jokes. Naomi immediately stood up.

"Well, she'll be at some type of wedding with him one day, but I think it's time for us to go" She says to Hannah.

"Yeah, us too. It's getting late" Maddie says to Tae. I tell them all goodbye and sit back down with Carter after they're gone.

"Yeah, you'll be at some type of wedding with him" She says to me. I smack her gently.

"Shut up. Hannah's so in love with him" I say.

"Yeah, but so are you" She says. I just looked at the ground. "Cal, it's okay to admit. You've loved him since you were fourteen and you're always going too. And, it may hurt Hannah, but one of these days, it's going to go right back to you and Morgan, but she'll get over it, because you two are meant to be and I've always known that. You were so broken when he left, and now god is giving you the chance to be together again. Quit being stubborn and tell him before it's too late. You only get one chance at true love. Don't throw away your one shot".