Chapter Ten

Monday morning came too quickly. I had been at Jett Records for a week now and so much had happened, but the only thing I cared about was Morgan. Thst was so.crappy of me to even say because I already made my mind up. I wasn't asking Morgan to break up with Hannah so he and I could get back together, and I was going to see where things went with Matt. I wished I had a session with Old Dominion today, but Monday's were my Morgan and Runaway June sessions. However, Morgan was later in the day and Runaway June was early.

I got to the label and 2:00 and the session was at 2:30. I always went to get a coffee from the lounge. I ran into Naomi. I always loved talking to her. She was always so nice, but never took your bullshit and always called you on it.

"There's the girl that got bit by two lovebugs" She says jokingly. She especially loved to tease me about Morgan. I found that weird considering that Hannah was like her sister.

"No bite last night. Just a kiss" I say pouring the coffee.

"Matt kissed you?" She asks.

"Yeah, he did" I say.

"Well, did you all have fun getting tattoos?" She asks. I nod and uncover mine to show her 

"I got a Whiskey Glass to represent the Cafe my sister and I own back home. It's where Morgan and I got our start. It's called 'Whiskey House'" I explain.

"Nice. What'd Matt get?" She asks.

"A cute little palm tree" I say. She gives me a confusing look.

"Does it look anything like this?" She asks while holding up her arm to reveal her very own tattoo of a palm tree.

"Identical" I say. "Creepily identical". She just shook her head.

"C-Can I ask what happened with you and Matt?" I asked. She and I both sat down at the table in the lounge.

"It's not identical to you and Morgan like he said it was. We went to school together in Florida. We met when we were sixteen. We hit it off because we loved music and we started dating up until I turned nineteen and wanted to move here. He didnt want me to leave him and he started being a real dick about me leaving, so I broke up with him. He's...He's so sweet and nice and romantic and I loved him. He was my first love and first everyrhing else in between, but...Matt has some issues that he has to work out with himself" She says.

"Sounds kind of obsessive" I say.

"He started to get like that after graduation when I wanted to pursue music here in Nashville. He treated me like shit, but always said he loved me" She says.

"Wow" I say.

"My turn to ask you a question" She says. I nod.

"Hit me" I say.

"Are you going to get back with Morgan?" She asks. I give her an annoyed looks. "Well, hold on. Take Hannah out of the picture. If he wasnt with her, would you and him be dating again right now?".

"I...I'd say we would be, but I'm not going to ask him to break up with her and get with me. That's wrong on so many levels" I say.

"Cal, I admire you so much for putting other people's feelings before your own, but please don't waste your one shot at true love" She says. "I know that sounds terrible of me to say because Hannah is literally my bestfriend, but I can assure you that if I was in her position and you were talking to her about me, she would tell you the same thing".

"He left me and found her, though. I don't want to be his second choice" I say.

"You're not. You're his first, but it didn't work out the first time. God is putting you guys back together five years later and giving you the chance to try again, but you're too stubborn to do anything about it even though you love him and he loves you. If two people love each other they need to be together. I mean, it can't get anymore Nicholas Sparks than the two of you" She says. I had to laugh at the Nicholas Sparks comment. 

"So, you're saying I should just go profess my love to him?" I ask.

"Yeah" She says. "But after our writing session, because we're late to that already". We both shot up and ran to meet the other two girls. Having that talk really helped me though. Maybe I did just need to tell him the truth.

**
I had an hour before my session with Morgan. I was going to go chill in the lounge. When I walked in, Matt was in there.

"Hey, babe" He says.

"Hi" I say and hug him. He kissed my forehead. Perfect timing too, because in that moment, Morgan walked in with Hannah.

"Oh, we didn't mean to interrupt the love birds" Hannah says. She was joking.

"No worries. We can finish in my apartment later" He says. I looked at him with a confused expression.

"Uh, no we can't" I say. I didn't feel like he was joking.

"Piss off, Matt. Don't talk about a girl that way" Morgan defends me.

"Fuck off. I'll do what I want" He says. He grabbed me by the waist and pulled me close to him. "And who I want".

"Matt stop" I say trying to pull away. He just pulled me in tighter.

"Get the fuck off of her" Morgan says very sternly, inching his way closer to us.

"What are you going to do about it?" He replies letting his grip from me slide. Hannah quickly grabbed me and held me close to her.

"Try me, man. I dare you" He says. Matt chuckles and draws back. Before he made contact with Morgan, Morgan decked him in the jaw and made him fall to the floor.

"What the hell? What do you care what I do with her?" He yells. By this time, Naomi and Jennifer joined us. Morgan fell on his knees and punched him again. Matt fell back. Morgan kept punching.

"Morgan, Stop!" Hannah yells. Naomi held her back from getting involved and Hannah did the same for me. We kept yelling at him, but that wasnt helping. I finally broke Hannah's grip and fell to my knees in front of Morgan.

"Hey. Hey, listen to me. I'm right here. I'm fine, but you gotta stop" I say cupping his face in my hands. He took deep breaths, but finally stopped and stood up. He wrapped his arms around my waist and nuzzled his head into my shoulder. I wrapped my arms around his neck. Matt stood up.

"What the hell was that for? Why do you care so much?" He asks Morgan. Morgan raised his head and looked at Matt then back down at me.

"Because, I-".

"Morgan, don't" I say. He looks at me then to Hannah, who had tears in the rims of her eyes.

"Han, I'm sorry" He says. He looked back at me. "I love you, Callan Grey".