Chapter Twenty Six

***
It had been a week since Morgan and I broke up. It was Sunday, December 8th and I hadn't been to work in a week. I wasn't planning on going this week either. I hadn't talked to Maddie or Tae or anyone from Jett Records. Especially Morgan. I hadn't even talked to Carter. I didn't even tell Carter about calling off the engagement. All I did was sit at home, in my pajamas and sleep or cry. I hadn't eaten a full meal since the break up and I don't think I had even seen sunlight. My chest had such a heavy feeling, like a ton of bricks were laying on it. I felt like I couldn't breathe. I couldn't move. I threw my phone into a drawer and ignored everything. I cut off everyone and shut off the world. I had truly never felt this feeling before. Not even when I was a kid and Morgan left to do the voice. I truly just wanted to die.

***Morgan's POV***

Callan had become a hermit and so had I. I hadn't been to the studio in about a week. I hadn't talked to anyone, not even Hannah. All the girls had tried to reach out to me, but I ignored everything. I wasnt even in Nashville. I drove back to Sneedville the night of the breakup and stayed in the basement of my parents house like I usually did when I visited. They both were out of town now due to the winter so I wasnt bothered by anyone. I slept all day and drank all night. The pounding in my chest was the worst thing that I had ever experienced. I felt like I was going to go to sleep one night and die in my sleep. I couldn't breath. I couldn't eat. I couldn't do anything but think of her. I hadn't put the ring down. I kept it in my hands and swirled it around and around just thinking about how it should be on her finger instead of laying around somewhere. I loved that girl more than I could put into words or write in any song, and now I just felt like I lost her forever and I didnt know what to do about that. I don't think there was anything that I could do about it. She walked away and I let her.

***Hannah's POV***

What a fucking week it had been. It should have been the greatest of my life, because I found out I was having a baby boy and that's all that I ever wanted, but then that stupid kiss. I don't even know what to say about it, because I don't know how or why it happened. Now, I ruined my friendship with Callan and probably Morgan. I had tried talking to both of them, but neither of them answered the phone. The studio didnt feel the same without them there. Especially them there together. It's like they were the light that made everything bright, and without them everything was dark. I honestly just wanted to stop going, but Naomi wouldn't let me. She said that Callan and Morgan both hadn't been in a week. I mean, I couldn't really blame them. I wanted to blame myself. And as bad as it sounds, I wanted to blame my baby. If I had just been safe about everything then I wouldn't be having Morgan's baby and they would be happy as ever. I just honeslty wanted to talk to them and hear that everything was okay. I knew that Callan was probably hating me right now, but if I could just hear her voice, I'd feel better. If Morgan returned my calls, then I could ask how he and Callan were doing. I just wanted to fix it because I felt like it was all my fault. All the trouble they went through when they were kids and then when she moved to Nashville and now when she saw that stupid kiss. Everything felt so messed up and broken.

***Maddie's POV***

It has been the longest week ever. The studio was silent. There was a tension in the air like no other. Nobody knew what happened between Morgan and Callan the other night, because neither of them had been to the studio or knew how to answer a phone. Hannah barely spoke to us when she was here and Naomi told us that she locks herself away at home. I could only imagine how much she was blaming herself for what happened, or worse... probably the baby. It just wasnt the same without Callan or Morgan at the studio. We all just wanted to know what happened. We all just wanted to broke peices to be put back together, but as bad as I hate to say it...I don't think that was going to happen anytime soon.