Chapter Twenty One

As you could probably imagine, I didn't sleep the rest of the night after finding out that there's a mama among us. I was still teting to process everything, but I truly was not upset. I mean, it wasn't ideal, but this baby is a blessing and it was Morgan's baby, and I was going to love it as my own too. I wasn't a Mother, but I had a lot of love to give people. Hannah and I had been texting about it all morning long. She told Naomi first. She was so excited. She told Jennifer later and said that she was more in shock but still happy. She told Maddie and Tae together. They were both over the moon. She asked us all to keep quiet until she told Morgan when we got back home tomorrow. We were all able to keep it under wraps around Morgan, which was good.

It was currently 6pm and we were all at Whiskey House. We were doing open mic night tonight. That was always my favorite day of the week.

Tonight, Runaway June were going to sing, along with Maddie & Tae. They had drawn quite a crowd, but we didnt mind. Maddie & Tae were going first, then Runaway June, and finally Morgan. Carter was just about to call the girls up on stage.

"Well, tonight...for the last time this week, we have some friends up from Nashville that want to do a show especially for Whiskey House. Please out your hands together for Maddie & Tae!" Carter says. The people cheer. The girls come out to sing. They sang three songs. My personal favorite, 'Right Here, Right Now', 'Die From A Broken Heart', and 'Girl In A Country Song'. Everyone loved it. Maggie danced around the front with Morgan. I kind of didnt want to leave Hannah's side after finding out about the baby. I knew she was nervous to tell Morgan, and I kind of didn't blame her. However, I knew she would be fine once they got up on that stage to sing.

Maddie & Tae finished and Carter introduced Runaway June. They also sang three song. 'Head Over Heels', 'Buy My Own Drinks', and 'Lipstick'. Kennedy even ran up on stage during 'Lipstick'. Naomi had her guitar, so Hannah picked her up and danced around with her on stage. Carter Walker over to me while they finished up that song.

"I know she's worried, but look at her up there with Kenny" She says. I smiled watching them.

"Yeah, I know. She's going to be a great mother" I say. We both smiled at each other.

"Hey, you're not mad or anything, right?" She asks. I shake my head.

"No. Not at all. I mean, it's not ideal, but it's nothing she, Morgan, or I can't get through" I say.

"Good. I'm glad you're saying that" She says as they finish singing. Hannah brought Kennedy down to Carter.

"That was fun" Hannah says as Carter takes Kennedy.

"You got this, Han" Carter says. She nods before walking away. Carter went back up to the stage.

"Alright, Whiskey House. We got one more performer. A Sneedville native. Give it up for Morgan Wallen" She says. Morgan comes up on stage.

"Hello, Whiskey House. It's good to be back home. This first song I want to perform is my new single. It's called 'Chasin You' and it's about a girl that I been chasing since I was fourteen. Ms. Callan Grey" He says. They crowd cheered as he sang.

"We used to taste that Chattanooga fray
Couple a kids in a Chevrolet
Catch a little air when we cross the tracks
Sipping on something from a paper sack
You hang your shirt on that maple limb
Slipping through the moon to the river bend
Wasn't very long I was jumping in, jumping in
I guess I'm still doing it now what I was doing then

Chasing you like a shot of whiskey
Burning going down, burning going down
Chasing you like those goodbye taillights
Heading west to anywhere out of this no where town
Chasing that freedom, chasing that feeling that got gone too soon
Chasing that you and me, I only see in my rear view
Yeah, I'm laying every night holding someone new
Still chasing you, still chasing you