Chapter Twenty Seven

***Callan's POV***

Another week has passed. It was now December 15th. If you had guessed that I hadn't been to work in two weeks, then you'd be right. I was feeling betterthough. I had finally eaten and gone two days without crying. I still didn't want to talk to anyone, but I figured I needed too. I needed to tell Maddie and Tae what happened. I was still really bitter towards Hannah though.

I managed to take a shower and put on clean clothes. I hadn't spoken to a person in fourteen days, so it was kind of nice to get out and be social, but I was still broken on the inside. I put on leggings and a sweatshir then got into the car. When I turned my radio on, the first sing that played was 'If I Ever Get You Back' by Morgan of course. I flipped the station, but a Runaway June song was on. I flipped the station again, and that song that Hannah wrote for Carly Pearce was on. I finally decided just to shut off the radio altogether. By that time, I had already pulled into the parking lot at Jett Records. I was kind of hoping that Rachel wasn't at the front, so she didnt ask me anything. Thankfully, she wasnt. I walked upstairs to the lounge and opened the door. When I did. Everyone rushed to me.

"Callan!" Maddie screams and throws herself into my arms. Being hugged felt great right about now.

"God, we've missed you!" Tae says coming to hug me.

"It's so good to see you, Cal!" Jennifer says. When I pulled away from her, I looked at Naomi. She had an angry look on her face. I had noticed that Hannah wasnt there. I was kind of glad.

"Girl, if you ever scare me like that and make me think you're dead again, I will kill you" She says.

"Shut the hell up" I say as she pulls me into a hug. We all sat down after I hugged everyone.

"Cal, why have you been so MIA?" Maddie asks.

"I just didn't want to see anyone or have to talk to anybody" I say.

"I mean, we can't blame you" Naomi says.

"Have you been doing okay? I mean, we haven't seen you since the party" Jennifer says.

"Morgan hasn't told you all?" I ask. They all look at me funny.

"Cal, Morgan hasn't been here in two weeks either" Maddie says.

"What happend?" Tae asks. I swallow and slowly hold up my left hand and wiggle my finger.

"We...called it off. Morgan and I are over" I say. They all looked like their hearts broke for me.

"Oh, my god" Maddie says and hugs me again.

"Are you okay?" Naomi asks. I sniffle and shake my head. She wrapped her arms around me and squeezed me while I cried. They all knew the answer to her question before I even answered.

"What happened, Cal?" Jennifer asks. I had finally stopped crying enough to sit back down and explain everything.

"I just told him how I was feeling and how I was kind of sick of feeling like the only person that was all in for the marriage. I told him I couldn't wear his ring knowing he wasn't all in and I gave it back to him" I say.

"Did you do it because of the kiss?" Maddie asks. "Or because of what else was bothering you?".

"I guess...both" I say.

"What else was wrong?" Tae asks. I didnt really want to say anything negative about Hannah in front of Naomi or Jennifer, but thankfully I didnt have too.

"I bet I know" Jennifer says.

"Hannah and the baby" Naomi says. I slowly nod.

"Guys, its not that I don't love Hannah and I'm not excited for her, but I just feel like Morgan only put in the effort for her and I couldn't do everything by myself, so why even do it anyway" I say. "I'm sorry if that sounds bad".

"I don't blame you, to be honest" Naomi says. "He does spend a lot of time with her and that's a good thing, but you're part of his life too. He needed to make you a priority".

"You know, Hannah wants to see you" Jennifer adds. "She knows you probably hate her right now, but she wants to apologize".

"Wait until she finds out they called off the engagement, then she's really going to think you hate her" Maddie adds.

"I mean, I definitely wasnt too fond of her after the kiss, but who even cares about that anymore. I just miss Morgan, but I also hate him and never want to see him again" I say.

"Do you still love him?" Tae asks. Everyone shoots her a 'well duh' kind of look.

"I can't imagine a day that I won't love him, but I also can't imagine a day that he realizes that he can't just go halfway. A marriage is all or nothing, and if I'm the girl he loves then why is he giving his all to someone else?" I ask.

"He's not giving it to her. He's giving it to the baby" Jennifer says.

"I know, and I hate it. I hate that I hate it, but I do. I mean, it's been two weeks, but still. It feels like I'm living that Dixie Chicks song right now. You, know: 'without you, im not okay. without you, ive lost my way'. I just miss him and I need him, but I need to know he feels the same way about me" I say.

"Callan, You know he does. You're just being stubborn. I mean, I get where you're coming from, but you need to talk to him and you probably need to talk to Hannah too. She needs to know everything too" Naomi says.

"I know I need too, but I really dont want too" I say.

"So what? You're 23 years old. Pull your head out of your ass and go get what belongs to you. You're not you without him and he's not Morgan without you. This isn't Jett Records without you. Grow up and go fight for what you want. Remember what I told you five months ago?" Naomi says with a stern voice. What she said really got through to me.

"Yeah, I know. Don't throw away your one shot at true love" I say. I just wondered if I already had.