Chapter Fourteen

Wednesday morning, I woke up in Morgan's arms. He was still asleep, but I had a session today with Runaway June. As I was getting dressed, I kept getting notifications from Instagram. I finally looked at them all. I had so many more followers after being tagged in a post by Morgan. He had posted all the pictures of me he took on the water tower last night. His caption was adorable. It said: "spaghetti, wine, sorry fellas, she's all mine!". God, I love him so much. I saw that Carter had commented below on the photo below and said: "it's about damn time!". And that all the girls had liked the post. Including Hannah. I just smiled.

I got to the studio about 30 minutes before I met with the girls. When I walked in, Rachel Jett asked me to come to the desk. She was aays so bubbly and sweet.

"Girl, you and Morgan?!" She says.

"It's quite a long story" I say.

"Well, you guys are really cute together" She says. I smile.

"Thanks" I say before walking upstairs to the lounge.

I got my normal coffee and went to the writers room and went through some stuff the girls and I had started writing already. At 8:40, they all came in.

"Callan!" Naomi says.

"Hey, what's up?" I ask.

"Ready to write" Jennifer adds setting all her stuff down on the table. Hannah had stayed quiet and sat down the farthest away from me.

"Did you all catch the last bit of the news? Have they said anything about the wild fires in LA?" Jennifer asks.

"I haven't see it" I say, but I grabbed the remote and clicked the TV on. We caught the last little bit about the fires, but it was the  next topic that really caught out eyes.

"Last night, a water tower in Nashville was tagged with spray paint by an unknown man and woman. The names 'Morgan W' and 'Callan G' were spray painted. Police say there's nothing that can be done, but that there will be new fences around the tower and a possible new paint job done early next year in the spring" The news anchor says. My jaw hung open and my face was bright red. Nobody in the room spoke. When I finally turned around to face the girls, I could see tears in Hannah's eyes. She was the one who broke the silence.

"He tagged a building with you? God, he must be dumb" She says.

"Hannah, I-".

"You know, you waltz in here out of nowhere and completely change him. He refused to do anything like that with me, but now you're tagging a water tower and drinking wine overlooking the city. That's hilarious" She says sternly before getting up and slamming g her chair in towards the table and walking out. I was speechless.

"I...I'll go talk to her" Naomi says. I nod. Jennifer places her hand over mine.

"Don't blame yourself. I know you're going to but don't. She's fine" She says reassuringly. I just nodded my head again.

***Hannah's POV***

I knew what everyone was going to think. I know that I told Callan that she shouldn't waste her one shot at love to spare my feelings, and I still felt that way, and I knew that Callan and Morgan were going to date after we broke up, but now it just felt so...real and I didn't know what to do. I just wanted to forget.

I went to the lounge and sat down. Thank god, no one else was in there and I could cry alone. But of course, no sooner than I sat down, Naomi walked in. She sat beside me.

"Come here" She says and pulls me into her. She was always a shoulder to cry on for everyone. "Han, what was that all about?". I pulled away.

"Seeing them together...means that it's real" I say.

"The love they have is real" She says quietly.

"I know! That's what sucks. Because I know he's in love with her and she's in love with him and judging by everything so far, they're meant to be, but...".

"I know. You wish it was you" She says for me. I nod. I refused to admit that outloud.

"I want them both to be happy, but it still hurts. And I love Morgan and Callan both, I never meant to yell at her like that" I say.

"Han, you're telling all this to the wrong person. Callan and you have some things to work out and I know her well enough to know that she will talk to you about it if you let her. Just try it" She says. I sniffle and nod. She hugs me again, but told me to skip the rest of the writing session, but honestly I had my own song to write now.

***Callan's POV***

I put everything that happened with Hannah aside and went on with the rest of my day. I had my first ever session with Thomas Rhett today, and he was the sweetest man that I had ever met.

"When we have our big party for Christmas, you've got to meet my daughters and wife. You'd love them" He says.

"Oh, you have two girls?" I ask. He nods.

"And another on the way. Willa Gray is four and Ada James is 2. They're amazing" He says.

"I've got a two year old niece. Her name's Kennedy. My sisters little girl" I say.

"Back home in Sneedville?" He asks. I raide an eyebrow.

"How'd you know?" I ask. He smiles.

"I do a lot of sessions with Morgan. I helped him write 'If I Ever Get You Back'. He told me your whole love story. Thst boy is crazy about you" He says. I blush.

"Well, I'm crazy about him too, but the way we got back together was kind of rough" I say.

"Yeah, everything with Hannah? Well, I'm not too much older than you guys, but I've known my wife, Lauren, since the first grade. When we were teenagers, we both dated other people and were going to marry other people, but one day...her daddy called me and told me that if I wasnt upfront with her about how I felt, then he was going to tell her how I felt. Now, we've been married for seven years and have two girls with another on the way. Point of the story is...what is meant to happen will find a way to happen. People will get hurt and bad things will happen, but in the end it works out for the best" He says. That really set in with me.

"I-I needed to hear that" I say. He smiles.

"That's the beauty of writing...you get to sing the way you feel, and my guess is...you've got a lot of songs you'd like to write about Morgan" He says.

"Morgan is and will always be the words that I write" I say. "Everyrhing I do, I do for him".

"And there's no doubt in my mind that he feels the same way. Actually, I know he does" He says.

"How?".

"Because when I look at you two...I see Lauren and I. And look how we turned out. I'd say you're following in our footsteps. And that's a good path to be on".