Chapter Nine

The thought of Morgan floated around my head all night long at the bar. It didnt help that Hannah was there because honeslty, all I wanted to do was grab him and kiss him like we were kids, but I couldn't do that to her. She was my friend and she wasnt disposable to me like she was to Morgan. I couldn't be that person. Plus, today was Saturday and my date with Matt. I was also sad though because Carter was going back home and I didn't want her to leave. I felt better when she was here. I hugged her tightly before she left. I knew she'd be back soon, but still. I wanted my sister with me.

After she left, I got ready for my date. I put on skinny jeans and a concert T-Shirt. It was a George Strait shirtx and it was actually Morgan's that I stole years ago. Matt was picking me up at 7pm, and it was 6:30 now. I was sitting on the couch scrolling through Instagram when I got a text from Morgan.

Morgan♡: i know your date with Matt is today, but I'm just saying you should be going out with me.

Callan: you've got Hannah.

Morgan♡: i want you.

I didn't respond, but that text ripped my heart out. I typed and erased a text that said the same thing a hundred times. Just when I was about to send one, I heard a knock at the door. I straightened myself up and answered. Matt stood at the door in black jeans and a black shirt.

"Wow. You look beautiful" He says.

"You look good too" I say.

"Not nearly as good as you" He says. I blush.

"Where are we headed?" I ask as we walk to his car. He opened the door for me and I got in. When he got in, he responded.

"To get tattoos" He says. I laugh.

"Sounds fun" I say. He laughs.

"Glad you think so, because I was telling the truth" He says. I look over at him and raise my eyebrow.

"We're really getting tattoos?" I ask. He shoots me a very cute smile.

"I am. You don't have too, but I figured it would be fun for us" He says.

"No, I...I want too" I say. Morgan and I always talked about getting matching tattoos when we were kids. We wanted matching Whiskey Glasses to represent us getting our start at Whiskey House. Neither of us actually did it because we left on bad terms.

"Adventurous. I like it" He says. I smiled at him.

"I'm always down for an adventure" I say. He smiles at me.

***

We pulled into the parking lot of the tattoo parlor. He went first just so I could see what the whole thing was like. He had plenty of tattoos.

"What are you going to get?" I ask. The tattooer was getting the spot on his upper arm ready to tattoo.

"A palm tree. It represents Florida for me" He says. I kind of thought that was cute, but something was off. I just couldn't figure out what it was yet. The whole time we talked about life, music, and everything else in between. I loved getting to know Matt. He was such a sweet guy. I somehow always managed to forget about Morgan when I was with him.

After his tattoo, I sat down to get mine. I was still going through with the Whiskey Glass. I chose to get it really small and on my wrist. I talked to Matt the whole time, but now I was thinking of Morgan because of this tattoo. It just felt so wrong not being with him right now. I hated to say that I missed him.

The tattoo was over in a second. Matt and I took pictures together holding up our bandaged tattoos. I posted the photo saying: "tattoos and rad dudes". All the Old Dominion fans ate it up, but while we were driving home, Morgan liked the photo and instantly commented on it an emoji of a Whiskey Glass. He couldn't even see my tattoo in the photo, but he knew me so well that he knew what it was. I couldn't wait to see what he had to say to me on Monday.

"You know, Cal. There is something so different about you than these other girls I know. You're just so...open and spontaneous. I've never been with someone like that" He says. Once again, I had forgotten about Morgan.

"I have a lot of fun with you. You make me forget about the world" I say. He put his hand on my thigh.

"When we're together, you are the world" He says.

"I can't wait to hang out again" I say.

"Well, you call me up anytime you're free, and we'll drive to the ends of the earth" He says.

"I might take you up on that offer" I say as he pulls into the driveway of my apartment. He was always a gentleman and opened the door for me and walked me up to my door. Before I went in, I turned to face him. "I had so much fun tonight".

"I did too. And we have permanent reminders of our first official date" He says.

"We definitely do" I say. We both just smiled at each other. The smiles faded away and I could feel him getting closer to me. His warm lips soon met mine. A few seconds later, I pulled away.

"Goodnight, Callan" He says.

"Goodnight, Matt" I said before walking in the door. The whole time imgur ready for bed, I thought about Matt. He was so amazing I couldn't even stress it enough, but as I was laying in bed...my mind always wandered to Morgan Wallen.