Chapter Sixteen

I really did not want to do this session, but the sooner I get it over, the better. I expected just to talk to Naomi and Jennifer the whole time anyway. I like that plan, but as soon as I walked in the door. My heart dropped. Only Hannah was standing by the table.

"W-where are the others?" I ask.

"They're...not coming. I-I asked them not too" I say.

"Why?" I ask. She let out a sigh.

"Cal, I'm sorry for yesterday. I overreacted. You didn't deserve to be yelled at like that" She says. I was truly shocked by her apology. I expected us to not be friends anymore to be honest. "I know you probably won't believe me, but I really am happy for you and Morgan. I want you guys to be happy".

"You do?" I ask.

"Of course. I mean...everyone here at Jett Records is like a family. A messed up family, but still a family. You've been here two weeks but we all love you like a sister. I'm sorry if I hurt you" She says.

"I never wanted to hurt you either. I told Morgan that" I say. We had finally sat down by each other at the tables.

"Cal, the part that hurt me was the fact that you can literally see how much Morgan loves you. He never loved me like that. And seeing you two together made it real. I-I don't really know if it's a jealousy thing or not, but I guess it was just the initial heartbreak of him moving on" She says. I had felt my heart aching for her.

"I...I don't know what to say" I say. I really didnt. "I...I mean, I'll bre-".

"No. Don't you dare say you'll break up with him for me. I will not let you do that" She says.

"Well, I mean...how can I apologize or make it up to you?" I ask. She smiled.

"Cal, you don't need too. And you don't need to try to protect me from getting hurt. It's part of life. Also...yesterday whe I said that you changed him...I meant that as a good thing" She says.

"How?".

"Before you moved here, he hadn't been able to wrote any music. He had no inspiration, but now...all he does is write and sing. You're the reason he does it all, and I think you always have been" She says.

"I'm still sorry" I say. She smiles.

"Don't be. I still love you" She says pulling me into her. Hugging her made me feel so relieved.

"I love you too" I say. "You know, Morgan and I are heading home to Sneedville tomrrow. Maddie and Tae are coming too. Do you and the girls want to join us?".

"Wait, really?" She asks. I nod.

"I know it might suck because Morgan and I, but we all kind of need a break away from here. Plus, Morgan will stay at his parents, so it will be like a big sleepover. You don't have to come if you don't want to, though" I say.

"No. No, that actually sounds amazing. I'm in" She says.

"Great!" I say. "Meet me at my house tomrrow morning at around...8:30. We're leaving at 9" I say.

"Will do" She says getting up to leave. She turned around to face me. "Cal...thank you".

"Why are you thanking me?" I ask. She smiles.

"Because you don't hate me" She says.

"Well, thank you for not hating me" I say.

"All of us here are stuck together for the most part. Welcome to the club. The adventure is just beginning".