Chapter Twenty Eight

***
It was Friday. I had been going in and having sessions the past week, but I still was putting off talking to Morgan and Hannah. It just so happened that Hannah was sick, so she hadn't been at my sessions with Runaway June. I had one with them earlier, and I was about to go into one with Thomas Rhett. He was working on a song that he had written about his wife, Lauren, but all Thomas and I really ever did was talk. I loved talking to him. Except when be asked me questions about Morgan.

"So, how's the wedding planning? I mean, I know what happened with Morgan and Hannah, but I assumed that's solved" He says.

"Well, you'd be wrong. Morgan and I actually...called it off" I say. He looked stunned.

"What? Oh, my god. Cal, I'm so sorry" He says. I shake my head.

"No. Don't be. It needed to happen" I say.

"Did it?" He asks. I then explained my whole side of the story to him. "Man, it sounds like you decided to break up".

"I mean, I guess I did, but I couldn't deal with everything" I say.

"You took the easy way out" He says. I had never even thought of that. "You know who you need to talk too? Lauren".

"Your wife?" I ask.

"Yep. I'm calling her" He says. I tried stopping him, but before I could. He had called her and she was on her way over. They only lived about five minutes away. When she walked in the door, he immediately hugged her and kissed her. "Babe, this is Callan Grey".

"Oh, it's so nice to meet you! Thomas Rhett always talk about you and Morgan" She says before sitting down.

"She called off her engagement to Morgan. Said that she couldn't deal with him and Hannah and the baby even though she's crazy about him, and has been since she was fourteen" He says to her. She gave me the same look her did when I told him what happend.

"Taking the easy way out?" She asks. I couldn't help but smile at how alike they were.

"I wasnt trying too, but how can I come in here every day and look at her knowing that's my husbands kid she's carrying?" I ask.

"If you're marrying him, that baby is partly yours too. I mean, not biologically, but still. I know that she didn't know she was pregnant until you two were together, but she got pregnant before you were even in Nashville. That baby is part of his past and his story. You have to accept that" She says. Now I could see why Morgan wanted me to talk to her.

"I guess you're right" I say.

"You want him to be all in for the marriage, right?" She asks. I nod. "Well, Callan, so you do. You're all in it for Morgan, but you're not in it for all that Morgan comes with. He comes with a son. You have to accept that he is going to be giving a lot to that baby and to Hannah, but he still loves you too. You want him to be all in, you have to be all in too". I stayed quiet for but, not because I was mad, but because of how right she was. I wasn't being fair with him. And I really needed to apologize for that.

"I really hate that you're right" I say. She and Thomas laugh.

"When you've been with the same guy for that long, theres no doubt that you're meant to be. Believe us if you don't want to believe anyone else" She says.

"I do believe you" I say. "And, I think I need to go do some apologizing to some very important people in my life".

"Go for it, girl" Lauren says. I begin to stand up and leave, but Thomas stopped me before I could.

"You wanna know what my daddy used to tell me? About how to live a good life?" He asks. I nod. "You surround yourself with good friends, good family, and good faith, and you can never go wrong. You've got a lot of both, Callan Grey. You're going to be okay. You and Hannah, You and Morgan. Everything works together fine the good. Always remember that".