MOVIE >scene192> - A Dorm. A Delinquent. A Girl.

Read. Vote. Follow. <3

The girl was smiling big, looking at the teacher as if she didn't have a single worry in the world. You can see her sweet heart reflected on her sweet face. Her eyes glistened with so much life, so much kindness you could smell the organ she'd donate.

Fayth stared at her for a moment, then looked away.

When class was over, the girl looked over at the guy sitting right next to her. "Stuart!" She took a crayon from his hand that he had been chewing on, and then the box of crayons from his backpack. "You can't eat those." She put the crayons in her bag. "Where did you even get them?"

Stuart nodded and diverted his attention back to the video game console he was holding. 

She pulled her eyebrows together. That's not an answer.

Smiling again, she closed his bag for him and picked it up. "Let's go?"

He stood up, while putting his juice box in his mouth and still looking at his game, he walked to the back and sat in one of the desks there.

"No, silly." The girl said, walking over to him. "We have to go to our next class."

Stuart automatically stood up and started to follow the girl to the door.

The girl noticed Fayth looking at her. Before exiting, she looked over–and with a big smile that made her eyes smile–she said, "Hey! Welcome to our class."

And then she disappeared outside the door.

The next day, Fayth sat in her seat. On her desk she found a box of chocolates. A note on it said 'welcome to our class' written in neat handwriting.

Fayth looked over at the girl. The girl looked back and smiled, this time her nose scrunched and her eyes closing with happiness.

Fayth stared at her, an eyebrow raised.

When class was over, the girl was sitting there cleaning gum out of Stuart's hair.

"Why would you put gum in your hair Stuart? That's not okay!"

She wore two pairs of disposable gloves on each hand.

"I didn't know where else to put it." He said.

She was looking all over his head trying to find even the smallest pieces. "Some of it we're going to have to cut out. Don't do that again sweetie."

She glanced over at Fayth. Fayth stared back into her eyes.

She smiled. "So, what's it like being the Fayth Armstrong?" She asks.

Fayth stares at her.

"I live a few blocks away from you by the way." She continues.

Fayth didn't know that.

She continued getting the gum out of Stuart's hair. "Your house is beautiful."

"Do you want to hang out?" Fayth asks, feeling sick to her stomach. Who could ever be that nice?

The girl beams. She finishes removing the last piece and looks over at Fayth, her eyes turn into slits as her smile grows big. "Yes!" She exclaims. "I'd love that!"

"Five o'clock? My house, today?" Fayth instructs. "You know where it is."

"That sounds good to me." The girl sticks her hand out to Stuart so he can stand up. He takes the gum out of his mouth and puts it there. Feeling glad she still had the gloves on, she slipped them off with the gum and threw them in the trash.

Her smile was still there. She was such a light. Her charisma shining like feed to angels. She was what happiness looked like as a person.

Fayth stood up, and before she left the class, she looked at the box of chocolates. "Don't do that again." She demanded.

The girl smiled big. "Yes, ma'am!"

"What's your name?" Fayth asked, while opening the classroom door, suddenly curious.

"Vivian." The girl said, a beaming smile on her face. "Vivian Crane."