part one

And it was just like destiny when he first saw her..

'Oh my god mom look!', Luke yelled overly excited when seeing his neighbour carrying a little puppy over to a small patch of grass.
The dog was overwhelmed by all the smells his nose sensed.

'Can we go over mom?', Luke begged his mother, his bottom lip shaking.

'I don't know Lukey', she said while trying not to look at her 15 year old.

'Please mommy!'

'Alright fine but don't you ever look at me like that again', she said and started making her way towards their neighbour.

'Hello Ashton, I see you have a new roommate?', she joked and Ashton grinned.

'Yes I do. I am really excited for her to move in!'

'What are you naming her?', Luke blurted out while looking at the adorable puppy.

'Kira', Ashton answered.
He looked at the younger boy infront of him but quickly looked away before anyone would notice him staring.
Luke was a really cute kid and Ashton always hoped for him to come over. Ashton had a little brother back home that he really missed spending time with. Luke was around his age.

'That is a beautiful name for a beautiful dog.'

'Thank you.'

'Luke, we have to go now', Liz said.

'No please. Can I stay a little longer?'

'I think Ashton and Kira need to get to know each other first. Maybe you can visit him another time', she explained but Ashton shrugged his shoulders.

'No it's okay. He can stay and help me a little with Kira.'

Liz thanked Ashton and told Luke to be home by 7 pm before she went back home to work a little and then prepare dinner.