part thirty-four

'Cal asked me to stay at his place over night', Luke mumbled. Ashton yawned in response and rubbed his eyes before sitting up a little to look at his boyfriend.
Luke still wore the way too big hoodie and held his teddybear securely pressed against his chest. The pacifier had found it's place onto the livingroom table after Luke had fallen asleep and it had fallen out of his mouth. Ashton had decided to get some rest aswell and it was already the late afternoon when they woke up again.

'If you want to, you can do that, but you're not leaving before you ate something, darling', Ashton said and pushed his jealousy aside. Luke wasn't choosing Calum over him if he wanted to sleep at his, even though Luke's birthday was the next day, right?

With a sigh, he shrugged his jealousy off and carried Luke into the kitchen, to make him some lunch.
Ashton was trying to waste some time but soon stopped himself, when he realized how stupid he was acting.
Luke could spend time with Calum whenever he wanted and Ashton was neither in the position to forbid him that nor to be jealous.

In the end, Ashton settled with having Luke on his lap and feeding his boyfriend, who liked that a lot for two reasons.
One being the fact that he loved to be close to Ashton and the other being his teddybear, that he had carried around the whole day.

The sun had already set when Luke was ready with eating and packing his things, so Ashton could drive him to Calum's.

'Do you want to change or stay like this?', Ashton asked as he grabbed his boyfriend's bag.

'I'll stay like this', Luke answered and followed Ashton to the front door.
Kira, who had been asleep most of the day like usual, was now up aswell and eager to join the boys.

'Fine', Ashton mumbled and got Kira's leash and collar while Luke slid into his shoes. Ashton also put on his shoes and returned along with Kira.

'Can I get her in the car?', Luke asked and Ashton nodded, handing the smaller boy the leash.
Kira was quickly in the car and by the time Luke was done, Ashton had started the car and waited for his boyfriend to hop in.

The car ride was silent, except for once, when Kira started barking at a dog she had seen on the sidewalk.

'Call me when you want to go home, alright?', Ashton told Luke when they arrived at their destination.

'Okay daddy', Luke mumbled and gave Ashton a sweet kiss before saying goodbye and leaving the car.
Ashton waited until Calum, who waved him 'Hello' when he saw his car, opened the door and Luke was safely inside.

He pulled off with a sigh and drove back home alone, without Luke.
Well, he couldn't say he was alone, since Kira was panting in the back of his car but she just wasn't Luke.
She wasn't the boy who took away his breath, everytime he kissed or touched him. The boy that had made Ashton fall so hard, even though it was so wrong, but Luke didn't care.
Luke never cared about Ashton being six years older than himself and Luke had always seen the good things in Ashton.
Would that change when Luke would turn eighteen?

His thoughts about Luke didn't stop when he was home and fed Kira.
They didn't stop when Ashton showered and put on boxers and sweatpants.
They didn't stop when he sat down on the sofa, watching one of Luke's favourite kids shows for a couple of hours while eating dinner.

Kira noticed her owners mood and sat down in front of him for Ashton to pet her, in order to make him feel better. Ashton gladly accepted the offer and slid down on the floor to start petting her blonde fur.
Ashton soon felt better and decided it would be for the best, if he would go to sleep. He quickly brushed his teeth and went to his bedroom, slipping under his covers and closing his eyes.