part thirty-three

'Daddy?'

'Daddy?'

'Daddy?', Luke asked for the third time in a row.

'Yes baby?', Ashton replied but didn't look up from his laptop. He had to get some work done and wanted to finish it before going to bed.

'Tired', Luke answered, underlining his words with a yawn.

'Just five more minutes darling.'

'Alright', Luke answered and sat down on the carpet infront of his boyfriend.
While waiting for his daddy to finish, so they could go to sleep and maybe cuddle, Luke played with his feet.
He tended to do that when he was bored and Ashton found that quite adorable, which was why he couldn't concentrate on his work anymore.

Finishing off his work sloppily by shortening the last five sentences into two, he shut his laptop after saving his work.
He took off his glasses and emptied his glass of water, before getting up and picking up his smaller boyfriend.

Luke squealed at his sudden change of position, but quickly wrapped his legs around the not too much taller boy.

'Wanna sleep in my bed tonight?', Ashton asked and Luke quickly nodded. He loved to sleep in Ashton's bed but he also liked that he had his own room. Ashton once told him that he thought it's important for both of them to have their personal space. This was the reason why Luke had his own room and it was helping a lot. If they argued over something or just needed space, they were able to have that and Luke was really thankful for that.

After all, Luke was a teenager and Ashton a young adult.

'Cuddle time is quality time', Ashton mumbled as he tucked Luke in and layed down beside him, pulling the blonde into his arms.

'Goodnight beautiful. I love you.'

'Goodnight handsome. I love you too.'

Both boys fell asleep rather quickly due to their exhaustion.
Ashton had worked the whole day and Luke had aswell, since he was still employed in the supermarket.
When Luke had come home, Ashton had taken a break and they were out with Kira for about two hours, before Ashton needed to get back to work.

The next morning approached fast and Luke felt great when he woke up.

'Daddy, daddy', Luke called out while shaking Ashton awake.

'I'm awake now.'

'Daddy, tomorrow's my birthday', Luke babbled and even though Ashton wasn't in his best mood this morning, he couldn't help but smile at his happy boyfriend. He couldn't believe that his little boy would turn eighteen tomorrow.

'I know babyboy. You've gotten so big, have you?', the older boy asked and started tickling Luke.

'Stop daddy stop', Luke squealed between several laughters.
He squirmed under Ashton's nimble hands, tears of joy welling up in his eyes.

'Alright, alright', Ashton giggled and stopped tickling him.

'You're so ticklish baby', he added while standing up to leave the room. Luke stuck out his tongue before getting up aswell and following the honey-blonde boy.

'Cereal?', Luke asked while hopping into the kitchen and onto the counter.

'Cereal what, Luke? Use whole sentences please.'

'I'd like cereal, daddy', Luke corrected himself, making Ashton smile and ruffle his hair.

'Of course baby.'

While Ashton prepared their breakfast, Luke continued talking about his birthday.
He was aware that Ashton was probably planning something like the last years and it made him even more excited.
He loved Ashton's birthday surprises.

'Thank you daddy', Luke said and gave Ashton a big smile.

'You're adorable. Have I ever told you that?', Ashton asked and kissed Luke's cheek before running a hand through his boyfriend's hair and sitting down himself.

'Few times', Luke mumbled with a smirk on his lips and Ashton just shook his head while chuckling.

When the boys finished eating, they cleaned the kitchen together and went to the bathroom to get ready.

'Hop on', Ashton said and patted the smooth surface next to the sink.

'Daddy help?', Luke asked and made grabby hands to Ashton.

'Sure, baby', Ashton answered and lifted Luke up to sit him down next to the sink.

They started with brushing their teeth and washing their faces and went to doing their hair and getting dressed.

While Luke wanted to pick out his clothes before letting his boyfriend help him with putting them on, Ashton got dressed in his room quickly.

Just as he wanted to put on his shirt, he heard a loud bang. Ashton immediately dropped the shirt and hurried out of the room, to get to Luke's.

'Luke? Baby, are you okay? What happened?', he asked hectically when entering the room of his smaller and younger boyfriend.

'Paci', Luke pressed out during several sobs. Ashton picked Luke up and rested him on his hip. He pushed a few of Luke's loose strands of hair back in place and caressed his cheek with his thumb.

'Tell daddy what happened, babyboy', Ashton said and swayed back and forth with Luke in his arms.
The blonde boy was out of breath due to his crying and was clinging to Ashton's naked torso.
He was still sniffling but his sobs had died down which made it easier for him to speak to the older boy.

'Wanted a paci but was too high', Luke mumbled and Ashton only now realized that Luke had probably stood on one of the boards of his wardrobe to reach his pacifiers that were stored in a clear box.

'Did you climb on one of those boards?', Ashton asked and pointed towards the opened wardrobe.
Luke nodded which made the other boy sigh.

'You know the rules.'

'Sorry daddy.'

'What are they? What are the rules?'

'No climbing, ask daddy', Luke responded and Ashton nodded before giving the upset boy a kiss on the forehead.

'Do you really need a pacifier Luke?'
Luke only nodded and looked at the other boys with tears welling up in his eyes.

'Alright', Ashton gave in and took one of the pacifiers out of the box.

'I need to clean it first. We'll dress you now.'

When they finished dressing Luke, he had Ashton's hoodie on and wore tight sweatpants under it.
With one of his teddybears in his arm and his hand in Ashton's, he followed his boyfriend and patiently waited for him to clean the pacifier.

When Ashton handed him the desired object, he glady put it into his mouth and started to suck on it.

'What a morning.'