part twenty-seven

Liz came home the month after Luke and Ashton had visited her.
She moved in her old house and the boys helped her redecorating the house.

Christmas was approaching aswell and they decided to spent it together.

Everything was starting to work out and soon there was a schedule they followed. Liz sometimes came over for dinner and the boys did the same.

'Could I borrow Kira sometimes? My therapist recommended spending time outside and especially with animals', Liz had asked and Ashton immediately agreed.

After Liz had come back, Ashton could practically watch Luke blossom.
Things couldn't be better for Luke's well-being and his relationship with Ashton.

Luke got a job at a supermarket along with Calum who was still in a relationship with Michael.

Liz and Luke surprised Ashton with a short vacation on his twenty-fourth birthday.
It was more of a wellness weekend that Ashton went on the week after with a friend of his. Luke thought Ashton could need a little time for himself away from him and he was right. When Ashton came back, he was calm and relaxed.

'Thank you baby', Ashton had said as Luke had opened the door the day he came back.

'You're welcome daddy.'

'But I've still missed you so much babyboy. I love you so much', he had said and when Luke had returned the words, for some reason they boys had started crying. They had said these three words often enough for them to be normal but something about the situation was special. They noticed how much they actually needed each other.

Luke had turned seventeen and Ashton's present was huge.

'I can't believe you actually did that', Lukes first words had been while holding the two plane tickets in his shaking hands.

'I did babyboy. We're going to Germany.'
And they did.

Luke got to test his language skills and dragged Ashton to plenty of museums.

'Since when does Germany have so many museums?', he had complained and Luke just laughed.
His mistake for choosing Berlin since there were more than 175 museums they sadly couldn't visit all.

When they had come home, Ashton had restricted everything that had to do with Germany for weeks.

'Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit', Luke had started singing multiple times but got hit in his face by a pillow every single time.

'The song is not even catchy!', Ashton had yelled and Luke had just continued getting on his nerves.

The boys were over it by christmas.

'I love you.'

'I love you too', Luke replied and kissed his boyfriend under the mistletoe.
The moment was ruined by Ashton sneezing.

'Bless you.'

'Thanks and now take that thing to the trash. I can kiss you without it', Ashton whined while sniffling.
Allergies were a pain in the butt.