part twenty-nine

'Ashton?', Luke asked and went through the house while looking for his boyfriend.
He had to leave soon for work and wanted to say goodbye.
Ashton didn't have to drive him this time because Luke and Calum worked the same shift today and Calum already had a driver's license.
Obviously, Ashton had taken advantage of that because he was no where to be seen.

'Kira?', Luke yelled and when the dog didn't react, he knew that Ashton was on a walk with her.
Luke decided to call his boyfriend to inform him that he would be leaving in approximately five minutes.

'Hey babyboy, what's up?', Ashton said as he picked up.

'Hey, I'll be leaving soon, just wanted to let you know', Luke told him and Ashton nodded on the other side before realizing that Luke couldn't see him.

'Yeah, okay. When will you be back?'

'Around eight I guess. It's a rather short shift', Luke answered and checked the driveway for Calum's car.

'Alright. I was thinking about going out tonight. Would you like to join?'

'Nah I'm fine. Go have fun with your friends instead. I could invite Calum over maybe.'

'That's a good idea. You could do a movie night and order pizza or something. I'll put some money on the counter for you', Ashton said and Luke playfully rolled his eyes.

'You don't have to. I make my own money now, remember Ashy?', Luke said and heard chuckling on the other side of the line.

'Right you do. I guess I try to keep my baby little', Ashton laughed and looked out for Kira.

'I'll always be your baby', Luke said with a warm smile and even though Luke couldn't see it, Ashton was smiling too.

'I have to go now Ashy. Calum just pulled up', Luke said and slipped into his shoes while grabbing a jacket.

'Alright. Have fun at work honey. I love you', Ashton said.

'Thanks, love you too. Bye', Luke said and closed the door behind him.

'Bye', Ashton said and hung up.
Luke got into Calum's car and smiled at the boy.

'Hey buddy', Calum said and started the car, pulling out of the driveway.

The car ride was filled with them singing to the songs on the radio and soon they reached the parking lot.

'I'm so unmotivated', Calum whined and Luke laughed. He remembered his idea of a movie night when they entered the supermarket.

'Are you free tonight? Ashton isn't home and we haven't hung out in some time', Luke said and Calum nodded eagerly.

'Movie night?'

'Sure. Pizza?'

'Of course. But can we like watch something that isn't all about romances? Michael makes me watch so many of them and don't get me wrong. I love him but not the genre he chooses', Calum stated and Luke started laughing.

'Poor Cal Pal. We can watch Pacific Rim?'

'Yes please', Calum answered and they changed their clothes before starting to work.

Calum and Luke being the lucky boys they were, they got out late which meant around ten since some colleagues decided to be incredibly sick and not show up.

Since they were running late for ordering pizza, they decided to pick some up themselves and then head to Luke's house.

'God I am so tired', Luke whined when they entered the house and kneeled down to greet Kira.

'Hey girl.'
After Kira greeted Luke she went over to Calum and laid down in the living room.

'I'll set up the movie. You can go pee now', Luke said and Calum nodded and mumbled a quick 'thank you' before leaving.

When he came back, the movie was set up and Luke was waiting for him.
They started the film and ate their pizza. Even though they planned on watching more than one movie, they fell asleep as soon as they finished their food.

'Ashy?', Luke mumbled as he was picked up and carried upstairs.

'Shh it's fine. Sleep baby', Ashton whispered and gave the sleeping beauty a kiss on his forehead.

'What about Calum?'

'He can stay Lu, it's fine. I'll give him a blanket but the sofa is just a bit small for two', he said and Luke nodded.
When they reached Luke's room, Luke squirmed slightly.

'What's wrong?', the older boy asked concerned.

'Wanna sleep in your bed, daddy', Luke mumbled. Of course, Ashton would never decline his boyfriend's request and carried him into his room where he tucked him in.

'I'll be there soon darling. I just want to change and brush my teeth', he said but Luke couldn't hear that anymore. As soon as he had touched Ashton's mattress and inhaled the familiar scent, he drifted into a deep sleep.