part eight

'Mum I'm home', Luke yelled when he walked in.

'I'm in the kitchen', she yelled back.
Luke took off his shoes and put them back on the floor, making his way to the kitchen.

'How was school?'

'Good. I got the results from my test.'

'What subject?', Liz asked since she couldn't remember all the tests they wrote in the last few weeks.

'German', Luke replied, knowing his mum would be happy to hear about a good mark before asking her for something.

'So, what did you get?'
Liz was curious but she knew that her son was learning a lot recently.

'An A actually.'

'That's great sweetheart. I'm proud of you. You really did learn a lot the last few weeks.'

Soon lunch was ready.
In the middle of Liz and Luke eating, Luke decided to finally speak up.

'Mum can I ask you something?'
Liz nodded and waited for her son to speak.

'Why didn't you ask Ashton to look after me while your gone?'

'Well, I thought a new person would be fun and you and Ashton spend a lot of time together', Liz explained herself.
'You'll like her. Rosalie is 19 years old and a very sweet girl', she added.

'I bet she is but Ashton and I get along so well..'
Luke couldn't deny that he really wanted to stay over at Ashtons house. Every hour away from Ashton was just not feeling right. Luke was craving Ashton, he wanted Ashton to be around.

'I don't know Luke. Maybe it isn't too bad for you two to take some time off.'

'Why? Ashton is good for me. He makes me feel good', Luke said.

'He makes you feel good? Luke, what are you talking about?', Liz asked concerned. She was confused about how Luke was talking about Ashton.

'Nothing..'

'Rosalie also looks after a girl while I'm gone. She's your age and I'm sure you'll have fun. They will both stay here for the time.'
With those words, Liz stood up and started doing the dishes.
After the way Luke talked about Ashton she was even more confident about her decision.

Luke couldn't believe his mum would let two strangers stay with him for two weeks in their home.