part fifteen

'Ash?', Luke's voice broke the silence in the house. It was already after 10 pm and Luke knew that Ashton was angry.

'We're in the livingroom', Ashton answered and Kira ran towards Luke to greet him.

'Hi there', Luke said and kneeled down to pet her head.
Luke entered the livingroom and saw that Ashton was reading.

'Hey', Luke said making Ashton look up.

'Hey.'
That was everything Ashton said, before going back to reading.

'I uhm.. I am..', Luke started but stopped mid-sentence.

'You're what? Sorry?', Ashton asked, still not looking up.

'Late..'

'Yep, that you are as well.'

'Uhm.. yeah', Luke mumbled and thought about leaving again and turned around.

'Don't even think about it. Sit your butt down.'
Luke didn't question it and just sat down. He knew Ashton wouldn't be nice about his behaviour for long.

Silence filled the room until Ashton closed his book and took off his glasses.

'Just for your information, I can smell the smoke very well and I hate it.'
Luke looked at the floor and sighed.

'Oh, don't you dare sighing! Why would you ever just touch a cigarette? I'm so disappointed in you. You're only sixteen and already destroying your body', Ashton started and made Luke shrink into the couch.

'I know that this is hard for you, but I am supposed to take care of you and you're making this pretty damn hard. Most of the time I don't even know where you are!'
Luke stayed silent.

'I thought we could do this together, but I am getting the feeling that you rather talk back and make me sick with worry instead of talking to me and figuring this out together', Ashton continued.

'I'm sorry, I think', Luke mumbled.

'You think? Well you know what? I think you'll be driven by me to school every single day and I will most definitely pick you up again!'

'Ash-', Luke started, but Ashton interrupted him.

'No Ash for you. Go to your room and think about what you've done.'