Blind man

Teddy gasped, clutching his hands around his chest as an unbearable pain scarped his senses. He felt as if someone was pulling his heart out of his chest and crumbling it between their palms, the organ being still linked to Teddy's body by his arteries and pumping death throughout his veins instead of life.

        "I am sorry, I really am sorry, Teddy! You can call me selfish, foolish or even stupid for rejecting our mating bond, but I don't want this! I don't want to be part of the clan, I don't wanna be tied to a mate all of my life, heck I don't even wanna be a shifter! I wanna live a normal human life."

       "But you are not a human, Vicky. You were born a shifter, you can't change what you are!"

         "Yes, I can! You don't know how it is to be a  stranger in your own body, forced to live every moment of your life with a voice in your head which you wish has never existed. You don't know how it is to put a mask on your face and pretend everything is fine when actually nothing is fine! I am dysphoric of my own nature and I am tired of hiding my true self. I plan to get rid of all the magic in my life and I found a witch who could help me do it. I wanna transition to a human and walk away from everything which means the shifters' world...

...so please reject me back so I could do this, Teddy! Free me of these feelings which are pulling me back to you!"

        Teddy shook his head, looking at Vicky with hooded eyes, his heart filled with hurt and sorrow for his mate.

      "Don't make me do it, Vicky!"

        "Please Teddy! I have always loved you as a friend, but I never wished to have you as a mate. Staying with you would mean to bury myself in lies and never escape this life, this body and self disgust. "

       "But can't you transition to a human and then come back to the Clan? I love you anyway Vicky, and I am sure your family does just the same!"

        "But not everyone. There will also be people to push me around and judge me for my decision. There will always be someone to tell me how wrong and sinful and mentally ill I am!"

       "I will not let them!!"

      "It's not up to you, Teddy. You'll not be able to stay by my side every moment of the day and night. You'll go to missions, training, meetings...heck, I don't even know when you'll get hurt and leave me alone into this earth, trapped into the Clan by myself."

       "I won't die!"

       "You can't be so sure of it!!!"

        Vicky sighed, looking at the ground in an attempt to calm down. He could feel Teddy watching him, but he was too ashamed to look at him anymore.

      "Are you not even willing to try? Are you so sure a life beside me will make you so unhappy?" Teddy said after a few moments of silence, his voice husky and quivering.

      "Yes, Teddy, but not because of you. I love you, and in any other circumstances, I would die to have you as my lover. However, my current feelings for you would only drag me back into the world I hate so much. I already have my future planned and as much as it hurts me, you're not part of it. I have to break all ties with you so I could build myself the life I always wanted and move on. Truth to be told, I already-"

       Vicky didn't finish his words because the entrance door opened and a red headed man entered inside, black glasses hanging on his nose and white cane stretching by his legs. Beside him was a dog, waiting patiently for the man to move forward.

     "Honey, I'm home!"The man said cheerily, closing the door behind him before proceeding to take his shoes off.

    Teddy looked at him in shock, finally understanding what Vicky was trying to tell him all this time: "I already moved on. I already have a normal life. I already have a lover, a family, and you could never help me have it. We didn't have a future from the start, Teddy."

     Teddy smiled sadly, looking at Vicky who was staring back at him in guilt and fear.

      With a last sigh Teddy turned around and passed carefully the red headed man, letting a single tear fall down his cheek.

     " I reject you too, Vicky Yahontov. I wish you the best human life!"

* .¤°.♡.°¤. *

         "Teddy! Are you okay? Sirius called me and told me what happened."

      Teddy shrugged, hugging his brother who was waiting for him in the parking lot in front of Vicky's flat.

       "Where's Sirius?"

        "I don't know. He started acting weird and left. Anyways, where is Vicky?...."

       Teddy shrugged again, frowning his brows and searching the parking lot with a curious gaze. He wasn't feeling as bad as he was supposed to feel after a rejection and surprisingly, an amazing smell was tickling his nostrils, making him feel calm and serene.

        "Teddy? Hey, earth to Teddy!"

     Teddy flinched, turning his attention back to Nash.

        "I asked what you did. Where is Vicky?"

       "He...uhm...we rejected each other."

      "What?! But you had a crush on him for like... forever!"

      "I know, but the feelings were not mutual."

       "Not mutual my ass! You should not give up so easily! You should make him like you back!"

      "Nash, if the mating bond couldn't make him like me, then how do you think I would be able to do that? He is just fine without me. I will be fine without him. We will be fine. It's not the end of road because of a rejection, I have a long path ahead of me. Only that I plan to walk it alone from now on."

      "Teddy..."

      "I'm okay, Nashy-Nash. Lets go home!"

     Nash proceeded to argue, but decided otherwise. He had trust in Teddy to do the right thing.

      "By the way, do you smell something strange?"

      Nash frowned, sniffing around and shrugging his shoulders.

      "Nope, only dust. Why? Do you smell something strange?"

       "Nope... only something very, very
sweet."

      I am sorry for the late update and for the lame content, guys... my ideas are very twisted in my head and I can't seem to put them down correctly.