Shift!

"Oh, you are not dying anymore! Good, good!" Sirius' father turned around and proceeded to leave the room, being halfway out of the ward when his son called him. 

       "Dad, wait!"

        The man slid the door open widely again, keeping his hand on the handle and his eyes glued to the wall opposite to the two shifters. 

      "Are you dressed?" He asked, making Baloo chuckle and part away from Sirius.

      "Yes, of course we are!!" Sirius groaned indignantly, setting himself into a sitting position and hitting Baloo's arm because he was still chuckling. 

        Erik faced his son slowly, nodding his head with a thoughtful expression and pointing towards Sirius' ears. 

        "Nice uhm...."

         "Oh!" Sirius scratched his nape in embarrassment, making his ears disappear. 

          "It's the first time I see them. What are you?" Erik asked blankly, making Sirius hide his shaking arms under the covers and look down at his lap. Suddenly the neko felt a cold hand slid into the opening of his gown and rest on his hip, making his body relax and limbs stop trembling.  

        "Does it matter what I am?" Sirius responded, rising his head just in time to see his father shrug.

       "Not really. I just wanted to know what weird animal do you have for feeling so in need to hid it."

        Sirius eyes widened, Baloo's palm squeezing his hip encouragingly.    

       "It's not weird... just weak."

        "And who are you to decide that?" Erik asked gravely, his brows being bent both into a frown and a questioning bow. 

        "Sirius, power is not judged after the size or weight or even brutal force. I know this is how you've been taught in your previous clan, but I thought I made it clear it's not the case in Camboda. I've always known you had a fear of shifting in front of people, this is why I didn't force you to tell me anything about your shifter... but to hear from the doctor that you've been denying your animal and almost killed both of you?" 

       Sirius' father shook his head, crossing his arms around his chest.

        "I am very disappointed and sad. Sad because you thought I would do the same thing your biological parents did."

      Sirius bit his lips, bowing his head. 

     "I am sorry, father!"

        "Your sorry won't repair the damage you caused to your animal. What was in your head, Sirius? You are not Vicky to act like this!"

  The man rubbed his brows,  sighing before pinning his son with his gaze. 

       "I want you to publicly shift in front of the entire pack then give total control to your shifter for one week, Sirius."

      Sirius looked at his father, his eyes widening in terror. 

      "What?! You-you can't make me do that!" the neko shook his head, his fists clenching under the covers. 

      "Is there another reason why you don't wanna shift beside thinking your animal is weak?" 

       Sirius shook his head, biting his lip and making his father nod. 

      "Then there's no other reason to continue this conversation as well. You'll do what I'm telling you to do."

        Erik turned around and proceeded to leave the room, looking one more time at his son before closing the door behind him. 

     'What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger, son.'

⇜ꕥ⇝

       "You can do this, Sirius!" Teddy whispered as he helped his mate get dressed, brushing his locks behind his ear and offering him a reassuring smile. 

     Sirius responded with a half smile of his own, his mind being hooded by thoughts as he waited for his father to call him before the clan in order shift. 

      "What if I don't know how to shift?" He suddenly asked, frowning when Teddy pulled his index out of his mouth and so stopped him from chewing his nails. 

      "Haven't you ever shifted?"

       Sirius shook his head, lifting his hand once again towards his mouth before clenching his fist and letting it hang by his side when Teddy rose a brow at him. 

      "Not really. Only my ears and tail."

     Teddy nodded, taking his mate's hands and intertwining their fingers together. Then he placed his head on Sirus' shoulder and placed a kiss on his neck, blowing a raspberry on his sensible skin. 

     "Stop it!" Sirius chuckled, parting away from Teddy and looking up at his mate who was staring back at him with a pout. 

      "They'll hate me so much after this, Teddy!"

       "You worry too much, mate. I will be right there next to you on the stage. I won't let anything happen to you, okay?"

      Sirius nodded, rising Teddy's hand to his mouth and kissing the tips of his fingers. 

     "I will miss you this week, Teddy! Both you and Baloo."

       Teddy averted his gaze, his ears coloring a dark shade of red. 

       "Can I kiss you?"

        Sirius chuckled, cupping his mate's face into his palm and pulling him slowly towards him. 

       "Anytime!" 

       The two shifter met into a loving kiss, savoring each other's lips like sweet treats... with no tongue involved but just tender touches. The kiss was slow and gentle, their mouths molding so good over each other as if they were made from the same matrix.  Then they simply continued to share short tantalizing pecks, carving for so much more but knowing it wasn't the time to go further. 

       "Boys, it's time!" Sirius' mother's voice suddenly echoed from outside the door, making the shifters part away from each other with a startle. 

      "Are you ready?" Teddy asked, his flustered face making Sirius chuckle. 

      "Not really. "

       With this the two shifters left the room they were staying into, making their way towards the  podium in front of which hundred of clan members were waiting expectantly. 

      Sorry for the short update, guys!  

      I don't know if I should lengthen this book anymore or try ending it. Do ya'll want more drama or more fluff? 

       Also, having a very dramatic and tragic book on the way. I will publish it after TBSDN is over.