Chapter 7

Dominic's pov

Turns out I was right. Today is amazing so far, I jumped off the rock after (Y/n) had taken a few pictures of me in different places around the lake.

After that I stripped and jumped in, Haylee and (Y/n) congratulated me after cuz apparently they were the only ones who jumped off their first times coming here.

While (Y/n) and Nate were swimming Haylee was asking me the interview questions. Once we were done I asked her about (Y/n). "She's been through so much," She starts.

"She was a functional alcoholic by 13," Haylee explains "Me and Mel had to help her get off cause she said she didn't want to be like her dad... Granted we all drank and smoked but none of us were as bad as (Y/n) was.

"She still drinks and smokes but thankfully she's more self aware with her intake. I mean, don't get me wrong she's not a light weight, but she knows when to stop." She finished. I decided to ask her one more question.

"What are the scars from?" She shifts in her seat, "Which ones?" She asks me. "All of them?" I say as more of a question. "The ones at the top of her left wrist under the Superman emblem are from self harm,

"The 3 big ones next to her rose tattoo are from... Ya know.." She goes off and I can tell she doesn't wanna finish her sentence. "Yeah, I get it," I tell her and she nods. "Her circle scars are from her dad and different people she was around growing up... They'd put out cigs on her arms... The smaller line scars that cover her arms are from self harm." She them pauses and smiles to herself for a second the lifts her head to look at me.

"It's funny," she says and I get confused. "What is?" I ask confused, "She says that you'd never be interested in her in the slightest, yet here we are." She said and chuckled, "Wait, what?" I ask confused.

"Nothing," she said and started to stand up, I gently grabbed her wrist. "Please, tell me." I plead.

She sighed, "(Y/n) has been in some bad relationships, it's hard for her to catch feelings for people. The day she took you to the house, something shifted and I think she's scared to admit it." She said and walked away.

This means that there is a chance she could like me, but it'll be hard on her if she does. "Hey Dom!" (Y/n) yelled, she just got out of the water and grabbed her camera. I posed for the picture and she snapped it.

(Y/n) pov

I'm scared... I don't know what to do.

I don't want to like him. I really don't, but it might just happen. I've learned my lesson and I don't wanna go through it again... It hurts too bad and I don't know if I can take it again.

You know what? I'm gonna stop thinking about that for now, I got out of the water and saw Haylee walking away from Dom so I decided to take a picture of him. "Hey Dom!" I yelled to get his attention. He looked at me and posed, I took the picture and giggled.

I think this boy's gonna be the death of me.

I smile down at my screen then look up and make eye contact with his beautiful green eyes, I could get lost in them for hours. "Can I talk to you real quick?" Dom asks me.

"Uh, sure," I say nervously. What's he gonna say? I think to myself as me and him walk over to the wooden bench next to the lake that Nate made junior year or high school.

"I wanted to ask you something," "Sure, go for it." I respond and he looks at his hands. "I want to get to know you better," he pauses and looks me in the eye. "So I was thinking tomorrow since we have an off day, maybe we could hangout and get some tea together or something?" He says.

"Sure, there's a place around the corner from the house that I've been going to since I was younger" I say smiling.

He smiled at me and and continued, "Yeah, yeah that'd be perfect." He said and was giddy like a little kid. I smiled at him but in the back of my mind I'm still thinking about the shit I've been through with him.

I feel it in my bones that Dominic is a good guy and wouldn't hurt me but not trusting people has become a really bad habit of mine.

Maybe giving him a chance won't hurt..

________________

Yo what's up gamers!..

I hate myself for that😂

Anyway, heyo guys I'm sorry for the crappy chapter but I tried lol

Anyway... Thanks for reading, love y'all
🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤