Chapter 9

Dominic's pov

Today's gonna be stressful

I think to myself as I stare at my ceiling, I have to go to the building today and do another interview with Cassidy, but this time it's getting recorded... Fun.

I just wish I could get some actually alone time with (Y/n), I wanna get to know her as well as I can before I leave.

I get up and start getting dressed to leave when my phone vibrates. Haylee texted me, I decided It could wait. So I checked it after I was done.

(H = Haylee D = Dominic)

H- Yo Dom, have you seen (Y/n) or texted her by chance?

D- Nah I haven't, why?

H- She's been gone since last night

H- She was stressing and "went for a drive"

H- She hasn't come back

D- Oh shit, I'll keep an eye out

H- Thanks man

D- Np

Why would she just run off like that? I'm pretty sure I know where she is so I'm gonna go look after my interview.

******After the interview******

I borrowed a car from a friend that lives out here and hopped on the highway, what could she have been so stressed about? I think to myself

I keep going over the possibilities in my head. After awhile I take the exit tword the wooded area we went to last time...

With how highly she speaks of this place the chances of her being here are high. I just hope I'm not wrong...

(Y/n) pov

I'm so fucking done... I went for a drive last night, I was so busy that I didn't notice yesterday was November 25th, and today is the 26th... 14 years that he's been gone...

I don't know how to deal with it, I remember everything he told me and every lesson he taught me. I remember when he taught me about family.

*Flashback*

"Why is family so important?" The 5 year old asked the tall older man. "Well, family is important because family will always love you and have your back." He explained

"Oh, but dad doesn't have my back when I need him," she said looking at his with sad eyes. "See, that's the beautiful thing. Sometimes family wont always be 'family', sometimes it'll just be you're best friend, you know why?" He asked her.

"Why?" She asked with a smile, "Because family isn't based on bloodline," he said and smiled. "You're my family uncle Sam!" She said and jumped on him. "You're my gorilla." She said and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"That's right kid, and I'll always be here for you" he promised, "Always."

*End of flashback*

I reached around and touched my right shoulder blade. I have a tattoo that says "My gorilla" and under it it has his birthday, the day he died... And his promise. "Always"..

I'm not sure how but I ended up on the suicide 35 rock... 35 feet above the water but 35 feet above ground the other way. Getting up and down isn't that hard so I'm not that worried about it.

But... What if I didn't climb down, what if I jumped? What if I ended it all right now? Who would that effect? I mean, it wouldn't effect me, that sounds selfish but it wouldn't... I mean, I'd be gone.

I look off the edge and laugh while shaking my head. "God, that's depressing," I say and step away.

"(Y/n)!" I hear in the distance. Who the fuck is yelling my name? I think to myself. "(Y/n), please I know you're out here!" As the voice got closer I realized it was Dom.

Persistent, I feel like I've already unintentionally friend zoned him and yet here he is. "(Y/n)!" He yelled again, this time directly next to the rock.

"Hey handsome!" I yell off the edge causing him to look up. "Wanna come up or should I come down?" I ask and he smiles, "I'll be up in a minute," He said and Started to climb up.

I let out a shaky breath while thinking to myself 'Don't gaurd yourself so much, he's a good guy'. As I finish my thought I feel a pair of arms around me. "You okay?" He asks with his chin resting on my shoulder.

"Yeah, why did you come?" I ask him not trying to be rude but more as a I'm surprised he cared. "I didn't want anything bad to happen to you," he said in the most sincere voice ever.

I smiled, a genuine smile, a smile that felt different from the other million times I have smiled. A smile that I knew my matched one that I wasn't hiding my pain behind.

"You look beautiful," he said as he turned me twords him. I wanna ask but I don't want to be narcissistic or conceded... Fuck it, asking won't hurt.

"Do.. Do you h-have feelings for m-me?" I ask stuttering throughout my sentence. He looked down. "Yeah, I just didn't want to weird you out, I mean, we met 3 days ago. Sounds like the start to a bad fan fiction if you ask me," He said. (little do you know😂)

"Listen, I do like you too, and I have been through a lot," I start. "But, if you want... I'm willing to give this a shot," I tell him and his eyes light up.

"Can I ask why you're giving me a chance?" He asks. I think for a minute, "I don't want to live scared of loving again, I got hurt so I shut it all out but... I think I'm ready to try it again." I explain to him and he gives me an empathetic smile.

"I promise, I'll do everything I can to make you not regret this," He said and lifted my hand to his lips and kissed my knuckle.

He will be the death of me

_________________________

Fuuuuuuuck this took foreverrrr

Anyway, hi. How are you? How's your day? Did you drink the necessary 11-15 cups of water per day? If not take care of yo self cuz I love you🖤🖤