Chapter XII

The steps around her got louder, before she opened her eyes, the area around he was dark, with a floor that seemed like some kind of water, yet she didn't feel wet. Her eyes looked around her only to see a familiar face, a woman in a long dress wearing a signature ember jacket. She held a baby in her arms, her head rested on the man beside her with an Ember soldier uniform. They seemed happy and at peace with each other. But quickly the three of them disapeared, Cove sat up looking over to another group of people.

"Callagei we can't continue doing this we're killing people," The voice seemed almost familiar but she can't recall the voice.

"Matthew have you heard of natural selection, this is the only way to keep the Enclosure in power."

"By bombing the Russian command?" Thats when she realized who it was, it was the man in black and her father, she blinked only for the two of them to be gone. None other than Ethan and Rowan the two of them held hands, Rowan raised Ethans hands to his mouth kissing his knuckles and looking to Ethan.

"I promise I'll find you," Rowan whispered, Ethan shook his head looking up to Rowan with a motionless remark.

"You don't need to, promise me Cove won't look for me, I can't let her coming to the Enclosure." Ethans voice shaked he was nervous and she didn't understand why.

Cove looked around hoping this kind of cruel dream would give her some kind of answer. But then she saw no one other than Devin, his mom Terra and what seemed to be his father. His mother was shorter than the father, Devin's father seemed to be in a tuxedo owned by the enclosure and he was proud. His father ran over to another group, a short man with long blonde hair, wearing a victorian age Enclosure tux with a cape hanging over his shoulders. But the other was a tall man with short trimmed ginger hair and a bright pair of green eyes wearing square faced glasses. He had an Ember soldier uniform with a silver medalion pressed into the uniform, he held onto a medal that read "best medicine of the year".

"C'mon Kyle," The ginger spoke, they all crowded around each other and smiled into a camera. The Ginger lifted the camera and it printed from out of it, Devin's father looked at it then back to the medal the Ginger held.

"I can't believe we won this Matthew," Devin's father placed his hand on Matthew's back, of which he cheerily smiled to the both of them.

"Well I couldn't of done it without you two." Matthew hugged the two of them before all of them stopped to a shadowy figure in the door way.

"Matthew we have something to discuss," The voice was cold and quick, but the other two looked to the Ginger.

"See you too later." Then just like that the scene ended, Cove looked over into the abyss only to see another it was the ginger again, but he was pinned to the ground knife to his neck, she ran towards him but she stopped it was only a memory.

"Please Callagei," The gingers arms wrapped around the knife at his neck.

"He's just a toy Colestone, people are nothing but toys, and your actions are what got you here."

"Dad! Let him go please!" She looked over, seeing two figures in black holding off what seemed to be Ethan, but he was older wearing a red suit, tears fell down his cheeks, his noise dripped with blood, more swept down his chin. His face was bruised, pants torn and his hair unkempt, this wasn't the ethan she remeber, but there sat his glasses on the ground shattered and covered in blood.

The Ginger had tears falling down his cheeks but there stood Callagei with his knife pressing closer and closer to his neck. This had to be her father, the eyes were what made her think so. But he let out a swift sigh causing the tall man gently remove the knife.