Chapter XX

He sat at his desk, pen twiddling between his fingers, they were to leave the Tennessee laboratory the next day. This meeting was a failure for him, and his reputation, but mostly his reputation, now they knew he had a kid. That bastard of a boy was here to ruin his life, just like Amelia, the love of his life, the one he never meant to give up. Everything he did was for a reason, every movement, every thought it was all for a certain reason. He looked to the door watching as one of his guards approached.

"Dr.Colestone,"

"Officer."

"I brought the patient ripe from the cellblock."

"Alright bring him in."

The officer walked out bringing in a tall man, with dark brown hair and brown eyes that stared right at Colestone. He wore an enclosure uniform but his arms were cuffed behind his back, Colestone snapped at the officer who incurred him. His arms pulled in front of him, he started rubbing his wrists and then looked to Colestone. Who sat at his desk and watched both of them watching the prisoner, he didn't look away, but then he looked to the officer.

"Your excused,"

"Are you sure Doct-"

"Did I stutter?"

"Yes sir." The officer walked out the room closing the door slowly behind himself.

"Kyle,"

"Matthew."

"I see you got yourself arrested again," Matthew twiddled his pen looking to Dr. Bergandail who wasn't upset with what he did, but wasn't proud.

"I see your still sitting in that chair."

"Well it is my position to follow orders."

"You don't have to follow Callagei you know, he's selfish and doesn't care for his business partners."

Dr. Bergandail leaned against the wall watching his old friend, they'd lost touch but they were obviously still best friends. Matthew rescued him from the prison cells and Kyle kept an eye on his kids, they had a system. The whole Enclosure saw them as the old married couple, they were there for each other but they always argued, they always seemed to be talking even if they swore they weren't friends. Colestone didn't live in the Tennessee labs he lived at the headquarters but he always stayed just long enough to see his friend.

"How long are you here for?"

"Just a couple more days, the worlds fair is soon and my job up there is important."

"No saying hi to Monroe?"

"I had my fair share of hello to my son already."

"I don't think that stopping our monthly meeting to call him a common scientist is a hello."

"Well at least I still see my son."

"My boy is wanted in all forty-nine sectors, he got kicked out of his home as well as his mother and half sister. I haven't talked to them since the incident."

"At least you still have contact with your step daughter."

"Barely, your boy takes up too much time."

"Much like his mother,"

Matthew stood up from his seat and walked over to Bergandail, fixing his hair that was parted different and then to his shirt. He dusted off any amount of dust and looked no where near his eyes, they were just business partners, nothing more. Bergandail watched him carefully before rolling his eyes, he looked to the wall then back to Matthew.