6.

There was a strange car in my driveway when I drove home from the supermarket. If it was any other day I would be questioning why there is an unknown car in my driveway but not today.

My mind is too occupied by an event and by a certain person. To see him there right in front of me is surely pushing me to it.

I parked the car blocking the unknown vehicle in my driveway. I told Chrissann to stay in the car until I get her. Cluelessly or naively she said yes Mom.

I briskly walked up to my front door stopping and opening the front door as silently as I can. To any onlookers I might look crazy or weird which one of them sneaking into my house quietly.

I closed the door behind me straining my ears to pick up any sound in the house but nothing. If I was being robbed in broad day light these thieves has guts. What if they are trying to kidnap my daughter and I left her in the car alone.

These types of situations makes you think of all types of scenario. Mess with your head a little to make you crazy of I'm probably just paranoid and should give those movies a break.

I walked into the living room and the kitchen next and when I was sure that no one was in there I turned around to catch my heart in my throat beating before it could get a chance to leave my body and kill me.

I screamed at the stupid face that I came face to face with holding my poor heart. Just imagine you scared someone half to death and laughed like there was something funny about giving me a heart attack to kill me.

Even when I calmed my beating heart the idiot was still laughing. "Why didn't you just stabbed me with a knife I'm sure that would have killed me alot faster." I said glaring at the culprit that almost scared me to death.

She laughed pointing at my face and I waited for her to calm down. "You should have seen your face. You were scared shitless." She said between laughs. I crossed my arms narrowing my eyes at her as if to say 'are you done' .

"It's not that funny you could have killed me." I hissed through gritted teeth.

"You standing here so it is and it was worth hiding in your house for half and hour." She said once she stop laughing.

I raised a brow at that. "How did you get in?" I asked.

"I still remember where you hide the spare key. It's been years I thought you would have change it, you don't know what type of criminal could search and find it, to break in on my poor niece. The hiding place is so cliche." She said watching me.

"Criminals like you. You almost killed me with a heart attach awhile ago." I said in all seriousness but of course she smiled like it was funny.

"Oh come on Crystal it was funny." I shake my head at her and made my way to the front door to get my daughter.

"Yeah say that when I am dead because my best friend gave me a heart attack. Why couldn't you greet me like normal friends do instead of trying to kill me?"

It's not like it's the first time she has crept up on me like that there are multiple times that I can't even count. I wonder how I am not dead yet from heart failure because one day she is going to kill me with this sneaking up on me act.

I could tell she is rolling her eyes. "That's boring plus I get to see that scared look on your face. And you're not dead you're perfectly fine." She brushed it off like I can't die of the sudden shock she is giving my heart.

"Not yet I'm not. I should probably get a bell for you so you can't sneak up on me." I looked at her over my shoulder smiling at the idea.

She made a thinking face like she was thinking about it. "I don't think I would be able to pull it off." She shrugged with both laughed at this.

I got the grocery out of my car while Chrissann talked animatedly with her aunt.

Cassie and I caught up and each others life. I laughed like haven't in months. Of course my daughter makes me happy but it was refreshing to have my best friend beside me.

.
.
.

It was seeing him at the supermarket that showed me I wasn't being fair and don't forget the talk I had with Cassie earlier. I had to ask her what to do since I've already have Shawn idea on the situation and if they both thought the same thing I would go for it but the matter is of when or how. I thought I wasn't ready or whatever excuse I would use not to call and tell him.

It was all it took for me to feel guilty for robbing him five years of his child life and the most important part of it was being there when she was born and watching her grow. I felt guilty before but now it is tripled the amount of that. How would I have felt if he hid something that is important to me?

I have been so selfish and foolish. I haven't been a good mother. I've been the worse and only the worse mother keeps their child father away from their child. It's apart me and it's apart of him too.

I know he's going to be angry at me when I tell him that Chrissann is his daughter. I don't think I can continue to run from it or hide from the fact that I need to face everything like a grown woman and stop running scared like a child.

I have to tell him. I have no excuse not to now that he have seen her and the fact that he is here. He might have already figured it out that it's his child. With the eyes and the hair that matches him.

If not he was too distracted by the fact that I had a child and seeing me after so much years. He didn't ask about her right? That means he doesn't have a clue.

I paced my room biting on my fingernail. It's a habit I might have picked. I don't know how to do this. I don't think I can but I know I shouldn't wait any longer for him to figure it out.

I called the only person I know that will talk some sense into me because I feel that if I'm left to decide I'll probably run.

I don't know why. Probably the way we left things and I really had said some things. The accusations of being a liar and stuff. All the what ifs. I hate confrontations, I hate that I don't know what to do in this situation and I hate that I don't know how he is going to react.

But whether or not I am going to like his reaction I still have to tell him. This is why I'm dialing his number right now.

"Hey Ethan it's Crystal. Can we talk?" I told him where we could meet. There it is set. I'm going to tell him everything.