20.

Crystal POV

I greeted guests as they enter the house smiling politely while they converse with me asking about my wellbeing saying they haven't seen me in years.

How I've been and such. I was getting tired of answering all their questions. I haven't seen my sister for the past hour since the guess started arriving. I thought she would be staying at my parent's house with her wife/husband but she hasn't.

We kept in contact after I had left. I did come back for her wedding knowing that he wasn't going to be there. Me and father, mother was still upset with her seeing her perfect daughter not so perfect and how disappointed she was to learn that her daughter is a lesbian on her wedding day wasn't her perfect picture when she confessed her love in front of all her guest, mothers guest and very influential people that she and father had invited.

If it made me a bad person I didn't feel bad for my mother I was excited for my sister finding joy in my mother misery when she learned that her perfect designer daughter is no better than me.

We haven't talked much on her and mothers relationship when we talk over the phone. If she isn't staying here than that means the mother isn't comfortable around them.

I know that she would rather talk about her lesbian daughter than her single mother-daughter as I'm more of a disappointment if I don't know who the father of my child is.

Maybe I shouldn't do this on Christmas day when her daughter and her wife/husband will be here. I don't want to give her a heart attack when she finally knows that the very man that was going to get married to her daughter was sleeping with me at the time getting me pregnant in the process.

If not a heart attack she would probably pass out at my confession. I smiled seeing my mother fainting dramatically for my father to catch her.

"What are you smiling about?" A voice asked. I turn around to see my best friend Cassie.

"I was just thinking, " I was vague I didn't want her to know I'm smiling because my imaginary mother is fainting. "How you look fat in that dress," I added when she gave me that look.

"What? I don't look fat if anything you look fat in that dress, " she retorted after feeling offended that I called her fat.

"This, " I said pointing to my body. "Is just baby fat I couldn't be bothered to work my body sick to get back my glorious body but you, " I added pointing at her. "You're just fat."

"I'm not fat, " she pouts crossing her arms over her chest.

I laughed at her expression while she frowns at me. "Why the long face? I was only joking, you know you have the sexiest body ever, " I teased her.

"Is that a joke too? " she didn't take the compliment but I was being totally honest of I was swinging her way I would take a bat out of her.

"Aw did I hurt your feeling with the fat joke?" I talked to her in a baby voice pouting at her and in return, she sticks out her tongue at me. "But truly you look ravishing in that dress Ms. Cassie makes me feel like committing a sin, " I teased in accent and she burst out laughing causing heads to turn and eyes to stare.

I joined her laughing but still try to suppress the laughter as a few of the guest and family were looking in our direction with their snob rich self only a few didn't. Others turn up their nose as if Cassie and I shouldn't be here but I didn't care much to act like a snob.

The Christmas party was in full swing every body interacting with who they deem worthy of their talk time. In my family if you're not successful you're not wanted year they invite you for family sake.

I don't see much of us that are not successful in business or what we choose to do. If you're going to disobey your parents wish to be a doctor of some sort, a teacher or a profession they think doesn't suit the Scott Family you better come good.

Woman in the family tend to get married off to some rich dude. My thoughts were interrupted before I could think about all the strictness and things of my family as I look around at everyone with Ann is around playing with her cousins she has been just introduced to.

I turned around to the person tapping me on my shoulder. "Ethan, " I smiled not moving to hug him with a warm greeting. I think the smile is enough to show my hospitality. "It's nice to see that you've finally made it, " I commented.

"I have now where is my daughter, " he asked looking around.

"What's the rush?" I asked. "Stay and enjoy the party, " I added before he could answer waving my hand around the room. He sighed like he expected this from me but tried to see if he could rush alone things. "And before I forget Merry Christmas, " I put in walking away to talk to family members I haven't talked to as yet.

I'm not drinking eggnog if that's what you're wondering. Red wine. Fancy right? I know but don't worry I didn't break the Christmas tradition of drinking eggnog I did just earlier in the day.

I needed wine to get through this with my family. Some had asked a lot of questions about Chrissann as I've predicted but nothing I couldn't avoid.

I just start talking about money and power and how their own life had been. I wasn't paying much attention so I bumped into someone spilling my wine. I pout seeing the red liquid pour down the persons chest staining their white and flower dress. The person gasped her hands up in the air like she is surrendering the red wine to do it's damage but it was the shock of the colour and the temperature of the liquid.

"How shit, " I cursed. "I'm sorry I wasn't looking where I was going and I didn't see you there, " I rushed out an apology.

"It's okay I wasn't looking where I was going either, " the woman laughed her voice like bells so soft and feminine. "We're both at fault here, " she added not at all angry that the wine ruins her dress and uncomfortable with the liquid going down her smooth skin.

"Let me help you with that, " I said grabbing a hold of her hand putting down the glass on a corner table close table as I drag her to my room before she could protest.

I close the door going to my closet where I still had some of my old clothes before I moved out. I didn't bring them with me since they all were mothers choice and I couldn't now if I wanted to I had gain a few pounds after the baby.

She looked about that size so I tried to find something her style or something that would replace the dress I've just ruined.

I found a duplicate of her dress but it's blue. Sleeveless, to the knee, tight in the waist the skirt flooding out. "It's not your dress color and the design is a little different but it'll work," I said walking out of the closet handing her the dress on the hanger. I've never wore it before so she doesn't have to worry about wearing someone else's clothes.

She goes into the bathroom changed and come back out wearing the blue dress her ruin dress in her hand. She smooth out the dress with her free hand looking up at me with her blue eyes.

She looked familiar like someone I've met but haven't met then I started remembering faces that I've had a brief encounter with since coming here for Christmas.

"You look familiar," I tell her. "Do I know you from somewhere?" I asked thinking.

"I don't think so. I'm now seeing you for the first time and I never forgets a face," she replied.

I hummed still thinking about where I know her from then it hit me. "I met you at the supermarket a few days ago," I told her after remembering. It was brief but I still remembered but I don't know why maybe because it's the second time I'm seeing her. "You asked to cash before me," I added.

"Oh, now I remember you but you look so different," she said looking me up and down. I laughed. I've been hearing that all night due to my weight gain.

She, maybe it's the make up and the stuck up way that I'm trained to carry myself when I'm around guest. "I get that alot," I comment.