10.

We were waiting and waiting and waiting.

I know you're probably wondering what we were waiting for. It's that damn DNA test results. He had left minutes after I ran off upstairs. I didn't here him leave but Cassie came upstairs to tell me he left.

I didn't want to dally so I called up a doctor I knew who could conduct the test. I collected the samples and now we are here to wait on the results.

I have nothing to worry about but so I'll just prove it to the moron that Chrissann is his daughter whether he want her to or not.

If this was on the Maury's show this would be the result as it is now: YOU ARE THE FATHER. But since it is not I would have to present him with the piece of paper that says so.

I don't know maybe it was the little alcohol in my system that lead to that argument. I should have been more mature about it because I knew why he would have assumed such a thing. This is why I shouldn't drink and why I tried to stay away from it.

But that didn't mean that his words didn't hurt. Maybe if that was his first reaction instead of shutting down I wouldn't have reacted the way I did.

It's still no excuse. It felt like my mother all over again and people judging me for my life choices. It's touche since it's one of my flaws.

I don't like people pointing out my flaws or if it's something I'm trying to forget. The way I acted could be seen as uncalled for because of the past but they doesn't mean I was going to lie to him.

Well of course I lied to him but this is different. I would have never lied to him about something so serious that involves my daughter.

I slapped the documents in his chest, walked away from him while he opened the envelope. I don't need to wait and see the result I know what it is.  I wanted to just get over with this and go back to my life...our life but I know it will not be the same now that he knows that he has a daughter.

I didn't thought it would knowing that he would want to be apart of her life and catch up on the five years that he had missed. If it was up to me alone i would never have told him but I'm not that selfish and it would have been cruel of me not to.

Since I left home I wanted to avoid the drama and all but it followed me here and I know I could never avoid it and I know that those five years of peace and privacy is now gone.

He's going to want to move back to the hell hole of gossip and camera that I've escaped for the five years that I've been in hiding from him. I could see the flashing lights and all the questions.

I don't want this to overwhelm her. I don't want that type of life for her but haven't I decided things for her that she has a choice in, that she deserves. I took away her father and a family we could have had years ago but could we. What if he did get married? She would have been the bastard child unknowningly but wouldn't someone have found out. I know she would be that child and if anyone had found out she would be looked at with disgust and treated unfairly.

I didn't want that for my child.

It still didn't happened. He didn't get married and I wonder if he has someone in his life. I bet he does. Who stays single for so long after realizing I'm not coming back. That I have given up on us and the life we could have had.

I didn't wait for him to catch up with me. I know a meeting was inevitable but for now I wanted to go home and rest. I'm feel tired and in need of some sleep like thinking and being near him had drain all my energy.

This is my messed up life and I don't see it getting better. With him knowing that he is the father of my child everyone is bound to know even the world. I can see chaos on the horizon coming at me and I am going to have to prepare myself for the unslatter especially from one person.

Ugh. I dread facing the only monster I'm afriad of. She will cut me down with her words and her look. I want to avoid it as much as possible and I would like to hope that she doesn't say anything or attack me probably not hear a peep but I would be stupid if I want that.

I lean my head on the steering wheel of the car. This is all going too fast. Embarrassed. I don't know I'm going to break the news to my sweet little girl without her hating me.

I shouldn't have lied to her and I know that when the subject comes up again I won't be able to lie to her.

My life as been a mess from day one. I had problems since I was conceived in the womb heck maybe from I was a sperm. I don't see my life getting better with what is to come.

If he demands to have her could I stop him. If he brings me to court will I be able to win because I know I could never agree to let my daughter go with him. I don't want to go back to where this all started. I want to stay here but knowing that he will being going back to that place where his family, friends and work is I know he will be demanding something like that from me.

I think I would rather risk the court but not giving her up to him forever or for sometime. She has become my rock over the years, my root keeping me grounded when I felt like I was losing myself.

She saved me. She helped me through it something I don't think he would understand.

I sighed and got of the car making my way towards my front door. When I opened the door I heard tiny feet running in my direction and immediately my mood have been lifted and for that moment when she came running calling mommy I forgot that someone would want to take her away from me. That someone being her father.

Despite all the heavy feeling and the things in the back of my mind. I was smiling and laughing at my daughter.