Chapter 1

It's been as good as any other day here really. "Y/N, Amie get to class!!" I heard Mr Parker shout from the other side of the corridor.
"Will do sir" I replied. It's not unusual for me to be spotted outside during lessons. I do it often. Also Amie is my best friend in the entire world. We've known each other since we were just three years old. She knows everything about me, I know everything about her. We are basically twins, except we're not blood related. We began to stroll to our Biology class. It was almost lunch anyway but we always turn up, no matter what. I opened the door and all the others turned to face us quickly before getting back to work.
"Nice of you two to join us" Ms Rand our Biology teacher said. We nodded and walked straight to our seats. The thing that confuses our teachers the most is the fact we never turn up to class but never fail an exam. No we don't cheat. We do actually revise. It's just how we work. I heard the bell go as we all jumped out of our seats for lunch.
We sat at our usual table with all our other friends although Amie is my only true friend. I guess you could say we are the popular ones. To be honest though I think I'm only popular because of my accent. My parents are both British and moved out here to Miami just before I was born. For some reason I never caught the American accent and have always had a British one.
And there she is. Camila Cabello. The girl I have been crushing on since I first laid eyes on her when we were only 7 years old. No one apart from Amie knows that I have a crush on Cabello. Everyone thinks I like Ariana Grande. Head Cheerleader. She's sweet but something has always drawn me to Camila. Now Camila isn't very popular. Well actually no one really knows who she is. She has a small group of friends, Ally, Lauren, Dinah and Normani. Their all pretty cool. I know Ally cause we were Science partners for a while. Lauren I know because we were both on the Softball team when we were younger and I know Dinah and Normani from Dance class. I remember the day I first spoke to Camila very well. We were only 7 years old.

"Hey Y/N?" I turned to Amie. We were both walking out the gate to meet our parents.
"Yeah" I replied.
"Isn't that, that Camila girl you always talk about?" Amie nudged me. I turned to find some older girls pushing her around. I began to walk over.
"Hey" they didn't hear me. "HEY" I shouted a little louder. The two girls turned to me.
"Oh hey Y/N" oh great their my sisters friends.
"Would you mind leaving Camila alone? I don't think she likes it" I said nervously.
"Is she your friend?" Rachel asked. I looked at Camila and saw the scared expression on her face.
"Yeah" I replied. Both girls let go of her.
"Okay, well we'll see you later" Lea said before they both walked off.
"Th thank you" Camila stuttered.
"No problem" I replied.
"Do you know them?" Camila asked.
"Yeah their my sisters friends, there not very nice though, are you okay?" I asked. Camila nodded.
"Yeah, thanks to you" Camila said. I was about to reply but I heard a car horn. "Oh that's my dad" Camila said.
"Oh okay, bye" I waved.
"Bye" she waved back before running off.
"HEY CAMILA" I called. She stopped. "I like your name, it's pretty" I said. She smiled before skipping off an getting into the car.

"Hey, Y/N, hello? DUDE WAKE UP" Amie was shouting.
"What? Hi, hey" I said. Amie laughed.
"You were staring again" Amie said. I sighed.
"I can't help it" I replied.
"Go ask her out then" Amie said. I sighed again.
"It's not that easy, one, she doesn't even like me and two, I don't know what to say" I said making Amie laugh even more.
"The most popular kid in school is too scared to ask out Camila Cabello" Amie said a little too loudly for my liking. I covered her mouth.
"Shut it" I said. She removed my hand from my mouth and continued to laugh.
"Your 17 years old, you have been crushing on her for like 10 years talk about slow" Amie said. I huffed whilst getting up. "Where are you going?" Amie asked.
"Class" I said rather loudly and literally the whole cafeteria went completely silent. Everyone looked at me. "I have English" I said. And everyone went back to there food. The thing is. I may miss every other class but I never miss English. It's the only class I share with Camila and I can't miss it. I picked up my bag and walked out realising that I still had a good 20 minutes left of lunch. What am I going to do now? I turned around walking straight into someone.
"I'm so sorry" I said.
"No no I'm sorry" said the girl. She looked almost scared of me. "I'm so sorry please don't hurt me" she said.
"What? No I would ne-" I didn't get to finish as the girl ran off. "Why is everyone scared of me?" I said to myself.
"Because your Y/N Y/LN, most popular person in this entire school, the kid that acts like a badass but is really the complete opposite" I turned to find Ariana. She is very pretty, but I'd rather stay friends with the girl. To be honest I don't think I'm even counted as one of Camila's friends which puts me at the bottom of the list.
"Hey" I said.
"Cheer up Y/N" Ariana said. I leant against the lockers.
"But I don't like people thinking I'm some horrible person, like that girl thought I was gonna hurt her when I would never do that" I said.
"Well I know your not like that, Amie knows it, you know it, don't let them put you down" Ariana said.
"But Ari you don't get it" I sighed.
"What is there to get? Your not a badass, you get some of the highest grades in this school without even turning up to class, you work like crazy Y/N" Ariana said. I sighed.
"I guess but I better get to class" I said.
"That reminds me, how come you only ever turn up to English on time?" Ariana asked.
"Good question" I said before walking away.
"ARENT YOU GOING TO ANSWER" Ariana called after me.
"NOPE" I replied before turning the corner. Camila was standing right there by her locker. I have her a small smile and a wave which she returned before shooting off to English.

The lesson started, and so did my staring at Camila. It sounds weird but I seriously can't help it, it's a habit. "Camila and Y/N" my head shot up. "You two will be doing this assignment together" Mr Hewitt said. I get to spend time with Camila? Like actually time?
"YES" I shouted out loud. Everyone looked at me. I felt myself turn bright red and sink in my chair.
"Everything okay Miss Y/LN?" Mr Hewitt asked. I nodded. "Okay well get in your pairs and organise whatever" Another thing, Mr Hewitt is super chill. I saw two feet stop in front of me. I looked up to find Camila standing there.
"Hi" she said.
"H hey" I replied. Stop stuttering you idiot.
"So where you actually listening or?" Camila asked. I shook my head making her laugh, which is the cutest sound.
"No sorry" I said.
"It's okay, I can explain it to you if you want?" Camila asked.
"Yeah, please" I replied. She started to explain something about writing about each others lives or something like that I don't really know cause I couldn't concentrate when she was right in front of me.
"Got it?" She asked. I nodded. "Okay so I can do it all if you want" she said. I frowned.
"What are you talking about?" I asked. "Okay so we are defiantly going to find out a lot about each other cause first thing you should know is that I'm not who everyone thinks I am" I said. "That's how this project is going to start, we are both going to write about what we thought each other will be like, how we live, act, what we do and then we can go from there" I said.
"Okay sure" Camila said surprised. The bell went.
"So can I have your number?" I asked. "So you know, we can organise and stuff" I said. Camila laughed an nodded while writing it on a piece of paper.
"See you tomorrow Y/N" Camila said. I waved silently as she walked out the room.
I will Steal your Heart Camila Cabello, even if it's the last thing I do.